Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 06:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dungeon Magic Mod (Openbor)

• 110 Replies

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Dungeon Magic Mod (Openbor)
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2017, 12:30:34 AM »
 Sorry for the late reply
 Raising the ruins... IIRC the one shown in Dungeon Magic is only releasing crystals and change stage's palette with each release. Are those what you want?

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

• I would like some assistance
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:13 AM »
It's all good my friend, those are the items that i want for the mod because right now i just done making some transition cutscenes for the stages of the game. Thanks a bunch my friend!

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
Hello again my peoples i have returned once more. To show you guys the 2 video full preview of what stage 3 is really going to look like in the Dungeon Magic mod. And while i am waiting patiently for Bloodbane to rip the sprites of the crystals that bring forth the ruins...... Oh my god!! I forgot to change the frozen palette for the zombie enemy!!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2017, 07:52:08 AM »
And while i am waiting patiently for Bloodbane to rip the sprites of the crystals that bring forth the ruins......

Wait, wait, who said anything about ripping sprites? I thought you only need to know how to replicate the FX from Dungeon Magic?

About the videos, I can see couple new stuffs there :)
 My suggestion is to have grouping theme for instance, the first enemy groups are slimes and hobgoblins then near the area with dirt, skeletons and ghouls rise from ground. That could make beating enemies interesting instead of just beating random enemies

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 11:12:52 AM »
And while i am waiting patiently for Bloodbane to rip the sprites of the crystals that bring forth the ruins......

Wait, wait, who said anything about ripping sprites? I thought you only need to know how to replicate the FX from Dungeon Magic?

About the videos, I can see couple new stuffs there :)
 My suggestion is to have grouping theme for instance, the first enemy groups are slimes and hobgoblins then near the area with dirt, skeletons and ghouls rise from ground. That could make beating enemies interesting instead of just beating random enemies

What i said about you ripping the sprites to bring forth the ruins was a big mistake on my part, and for that i deeply apologize for that.

And about the new sub levels of stage 3, i should add more themes to them instead of adding enemies randomly like you suggested because it somewhat makes the gameplay of the stage boring.

Thanks for giving me some heads up Bloodbane and sorry again for what i said in my last post, i know i shouldn't be apologizing about this, but still.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:34:40 PM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline UniqueHeart

• I'm Jr.member of operbor modding. Can you help me?
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »
I'm Jr.member of operbor modding. Can you help me?

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
Yeah some the spells from the Rise of Warduke mod that I gave Vold including his Meteor Swarm release attack are a bit overpowered and I am getting ready to toned them down just in case to avoid any complications. But thanks for pointing that out for me Uniqueheart!  :)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »
Hey everyone it's me, I'm here today to show the third part of full stage 3 preview as well as showcase a video gameplay displaying new attacks and a brand new release attack performed by the playable harpy Tishera. I managed to fix some of her animations including her attack sprite animations although some of Tishera's specials are almost the same as the harpy enemies and the harpy queen boss, as seen in the rise of warduke mod. But at any case, let me know what you guys about these two videos and I'll get back to you in any way possible. Peace!  8)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 12:37:57 AM »
 Hmmm... Tishera doesn't stand on ground when she walks but she stands when she attacks. That looks strange, IMO it's best for her to just fly all the time (except when knocked down) and attack from air. Her attack might be limited but you can give her some spells to be casted ;)

You brought Draconian from Rise of Warduke? I hope you know what you're doing ;)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »
Hmmm... Tishera doesn't stand on ground when she walks but she stands when she attacks. That looks strange, IMO it's best for her to just fly all the time (except when knocked down) and attack from air. Her attack might be limited but you can give her some spells to be casted ;)

You brought Draconian from Rise of Warduke? I hope you know what you're doing ;)

You're right about Tishera's movements in the game, it's best if i just make her fly in mid air and performs some spells while in the air. I'm in the process of ripping more of her sprite animations to add to her txt. file at the moment, it works better that way like you suggested Bloodbane.

And don't worry, I'll be sure handle the lizard king character  from rise of warduke just fine. But first, i got to do something about that lifebar of his.  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:02:47 PM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
Hey hey hey! It's me again jeremeister Cufflings, I am here to show you good fellaz from chrono crash a video preview of the Lesser Demon Boss from the Dungeon Magic mod. According to the video, based on his sprite animations, he almost attacks like the Draconian sub boss near the end of the level and he also flies like him too. However, I planned to update some of the lesser demon's attacks later on while I am working some more of Dungeon Magic project, because i'm in the middle of making cutscenes for the game and i'll make a post of the final stage preview for Muramasa's story mode in Knights of the Round Revenge project shortly after. So enjoy this preview and let me know what you think, Peace!  ;)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 12:45:57 PM »
Hello my brothers and sisters from Chrono Crash, I am here to show you guys the videos showcasing the preview of the final stage for the Dungeon Magic Mod. According to the videos, the last stage starts off with the player fighting off waves of enemies before facing one of Venom's enforcers, the dark sorcerer. And then the second area has you facing off against the Dark Knight again just like in the arcade version of Dungeon Magic who is revealed to be Ash's father and gives his son the Light Bringer sword. The third area has you going toe to toe with the formidable Lesser Juggernaut (aka the Dark Warrior from Shadow over Mystara/Rise of Warduke.) until finally reach Venom who has successfully sacrificed Princess Mariah to revive the Demon Lord Denzalvia (His real name is Dynasty according to the narration of the Dungeon Magic soundtrack.) which you engage in a final battle for the fate of the realm of Hemethia. Now some of the backgrounds and the starting point for the sub area in this level are a bit off, and so is one of Denzalvia's attacks that has him spring in the mid air. But i'll take the time to fix these errors as soon as possible. But for now, enjoy yourselves with this 3 part preview and let me know what you guys think, Peace!  ;)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2017, 12:58:23 AM »
 I can see what you are trying to make here :)

Excluding bg errors, I suggest you add couple things to give variations such as obstacles which form barricades and traps. Dungeon Magic has plenty of traps and obstacles so you should have some too in this mod

And you should update boss' AI. Being special boss, Dark Knight and Denzalvia should have special and deadly AI.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2017, 03:18:12 AM »
I can see what you are trying to make here :)

Excluding bg errors, I suggest you add couple things to give variations such as obstacles which form barricades and traps. Dungeon Magic has plenty of traps and obstacles so you should have some too in this mod

And you should update boss' AI. Being special boss, Dark Knight and Denzalvia should have special and deadly AI.

Thanks again for the heads up Bloodbane, I am already working on adding traps to the sub levels of the mod. By the way Bloodbane, is the AI for boss in the form of a boss.c script or do I change that manually?

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2017, 12:10:11 AM »
 Unfortunately no. boss.c only holds scripts to support enemy's attacks. How or when they are used must be designed manually

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47518
  • Total Topics: 3262
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28