Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 06:20:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DareDevil Sprite Help

• 15 Replies

Offline CaptainSuperman

DareDevil Sprite Help
« on: September 30, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »
Hello,

I an very new and I am starting work on a Netflix DareDevil game. I think I have everything I need except I want to get a character made that looks like the Devil of Hell's Kitchen.

Here is the concept I came up with by altering an existing sprite. My hope is that someone on here can help me alter the rest of the images so i can add this to the game.

PM me if you can help and I will send you the files.

Offline Captainsuperman27

Re: DareDevil Sprite Help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »
OK. So I built the sprite sheet and edited them all to look like the image above. I tried you use the unpacker tool, but it made all of them .PNG files.

Can someone help me figure that out. I think they need to be .GIF files.

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »
They have to be indexed color image.. You can use either gif or png but a lot of people prefer png over gif because of the quality of the picture.. Just make sure you have each image with the same pallete indexed and it should work fine
WIPS

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
They have to be indexed color image.. You can use either gif or png but a lot of people prefer png over gif because of the quality of the picture.. Just make sure you have each image with the same pallete indexed and it should work fine

The sprite sheet has a pink background but the PNG files have a white one. Is something messed up, or will that work?

This is my first time, so be gentle :)

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
You can use photoshop to index the colors and then change the white background to white.. It's probally white because when you made it with that program you choose to make it have a trasnparent background.. I would use the program again to see if that option is ticked.. If not don't fear you can use photoshop as i said to index the colors as long as white is not on the sprite you can use that color as your trasnparent color in openbor.. If you are really curious just search the forum for how to make pals etc... Hope this helps
WIPS

Offline CaptainSuperman

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »
You can use photoshop to index the colors and then change the white background to white.. It's probally white because when you made it with that program you choose to make it have a trasnparent background.. I would use the program again to see if that option is ticked.. If not don't fear you can use photoshop as i said to index the colors as long as white is not on the sprite you can use that color as your trasnparent color in openbor.. If you are really curious just search the forum for how to make pals etc... Hope this helps
OK. I will need to check out a forum. The tool I used does not have that option and I have not bought photoshop.

here is what my sprite sheet looks like. Any thoughts?

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:37 AM »
 Looks good though you don't need to animate the thrown stick part or IOW just seperate Daredevil and his thrown stick

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 12:06:39 PM »

I downloaded a trial of photoshop. Can you tell me if I did this right. Here is the new image.

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »
did what right it's a sheet openbor uses single sprites so i am wondering what you are trying to do is all
WIPS

Offline CaptainSuperman

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 08:15:56 PM »
did what right it's a sheet openbor uses single sprites so i am wondering what you are trying to do is all
I am using an unpacker that makes the individual files, but they look like this

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »
Just make the individual sprites yourself.. You can use any programe for that.. Just make sure they are all aligned and such and that the sheet is all the same size.. Im not sure perhaps there is a option in unpaker to turn off transparency
WIPS

Offline CaptainSuperman

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
That worked. Thanks

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
So I thought I was all set, but the pallets are still wrong. When I add it to the game the colors are distorted and show up as a box.

This is slowing me down as this is the only new Sprite for the game. I will try a few more things, but does anyone know anyone who might do this for me for some $?

If anyone is interested, PM me with a quote for getting these files made. I can name them and do the scripting to make it playable. My problem is just the images not showing right in the game.

Offline CaptainSuperman

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 10:23:57 PM »
Some how all of the PMs I had got deleted. The person who offered to do this for free, please ping me again.

Offline CaptainSuperman

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
Here is a link to all the files for the original character .gif files, the script and the Hell's Kitchen Sprite Sheet.

https://somervillegames.sharefile.com/d-s1fad38338b14ace8

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47518
  • Total Topics: 3262
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 21