Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2017, 05:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dungeons & Dragons: NEW RELEASE!

• 290 Replies

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Dungeons & Dragons: NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2017, 02:02:27 AM »
 Glad you enjoyed our game :D

BTW the healer's name is Mercion. You'll meet her often later in game ;)

Offline Tullun

« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2017, 04:13:40 PM »
I downloaded the game at the time of its release and tried it, but the 999 lives demotivated me (they where too many to motivate me to go on and play with some strategy). Now I would like to start a serious campaign, so: how many lives where intended to be in the release? Could you release a life patch, or where should I modify the number of lives so I can do it by myself?

And another question: I’ve this patch, SmallD&Dpatch2.rar size 57,9 KB, is there any other essential patch to download and install?
Thank you for the game and for the reply.

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »
Open the DATA folder and go to levels.txt
You'll see the amount of lives near the top you can tweak it there.  It's a veeeeeery long game, so there was no 'intended lives' because we didn't want people to run out after investing days of their real lives in the games.

That smaller patch should be all you need.

Offline Tullun

« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2017, 10:09:47 PM »
I wish I had a better answer for you - think of this more as a 2D Elder Scrolls, instead of an arcade masher.  Or, if it makes you feel better, you can Paypal me a quarter for every 3 lives you lose;)

Offline Tullun

« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »
No problem, then I'll set it to 50 lives for now. I can’t compare its difficulty to Elder Scrolls because I abandoned 3D gaming many years ago also because it was too much costly, generally easy and spoon-feeding players, anyway I briefly “tested” your game at its release until the 2nd or 3rd quest, and I noticed that I’ve to be careful.

Or, if it makes you feel better, you can Paypal me a quarter for every 3 lives you lose;)

This sounds like the legend about the wheat (or rice) and chessboard, I won’t fall for this trap, hahaha. (Un)fortunately I don’t have any Paypal account or similar so I am safe from bankruptcy, but indeed I would like sometimes to support amateur developers under certain conditions. Now I am going to apply the aforementioned things, thank you again for everything.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42910
  • Total Topics: 2929
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27