Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2017, 08:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Die Fuhrer Die! NEW RELEASE

• 14 Replies

Offline Count Monte

Die Fuhrer Die! NEW RELEASE
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
This was a short mod I started a few years ago and never released.  Bloodbane helped me fix a few things, so it's ready for playtesting. 
Not for the easily offended!  You play as Hitler in WWII.  Your goal is to escape the bunker and make your way to the U-Boat bunker to escape Germany.  You only have one life, if you die, you end up in Hell. 
Attacks are machine gun, punching and kicking, and poison gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ftfmCgzbA

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.mediafire.com/?l10s4864kz77z1c
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:53:05 PM by Count Monte »

Offline netspider1

• Let's bring kids happiness back. Be inspired
Re: Die Fuhrer Die! NEW RELEASE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »
put a screenshot pls.
if this is not complete game I think is not for this section.
it is few levels and not looking finished yet. But is good and very promising. I like the bike in 2nd level. Put more stuffs and more diversity, bikes, cars, weapons, enemies, rain, sunshine etc., make Fuhrer different characters different uniforms.
Very good beginning
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:54:04 AM by netspider1 »
Let's bring kids happiness back. Be inspired

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 06:18:08 AM »
dude I played it... first thing you see is a swastika... that's pretty ballsy, was expecting the game to be full on over the top but its pretty tame except for that crazy intro image (i was expecting the gas attack as a move so that was good to see) 

heres my suggestions

- you say you only have one life but that's not true... I had 3 lives (unsure how many credits there are)
- add red band to his arm
-add green tint to enemies when they are hit with gas attack and have the gas as a stun move not a knockdown, if they are killed with gas have them melt, or vomit heaps then die
-restrict use of machine gun, have it drain MP or HP
-have him summon dogs as npcs. with MP
-maybe have him throw one of his testicles (rumour was he only had one ball)
-when he clears a stage have him paint a picture, or have him collect paintings as power ups or something (as he was a amateur artist)
-have occult (paranormal) aspects as he was rumoured to be into the occult
-maybe have hostages but you don't free them you kill them
-I wouldn't have blonde haired enemies as he liked Aryan race which was blonde hair blue eyes
-add a film grain to the levels
-have a dream level- would be very trippy to see what hitlers dreams/nightmares would be
-increase gore ! needs to be horrific
-bikes don't work due to limited aspect ratio of game, maybe increase aspect ratio or scrap them
-maybe in between levels have some horrific facts about him and the war.
- have him collect drugs as power ups (he was addicted to speed etc so if it could power up and increase his speed that'd work
- I want to see really random and obscure things happen in game- go crazy with it ! you will offend a lot of people regardless so may as well have fun with it where it gets to the point where they don't take it seriously
-at end of game should have a message that emphasises this game is a parody of how he and fellow Nazis would have seen him but that you do not condone his actions or want to seriously put him in a positive light.

I have to say I don't condone hitler or what he did, but people try to erase him from history like he never existed, they should emphasise what he did so people can learn from his mistakes.

UPDATE: BTW i made it to boss on elevator level before i was killed and sent to hell stage. I stopped playing after a bit as it was frustrtaing, if i can die on first level and get to same hell branch it makes it very frustrating to be on 4th or so level and then get sent to same branch.

As i mentioned above game is a bit broken and cheap so hope it can be improved.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:35:30 PM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529000/

see more of my games and projects at
www.thatcherproductions.org

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »
Appreciate the feedback guys.

You actually do have one life (I know it says 3), but the game specifically is based on - one life bar with a lot of health, very powerful attacks.  Can you make it through all the levels without gaining any health back and survive to the end?  If you die, you end up in Hell (you can still play while you're there).

So the feedback we need is - how is the difficulty?  Can you make it to the end on one life?  Does enemy damage need to be weaker?  Stronger?  Stuff like that. 

Offline Tullun

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »
So I don’t know if I count because I’m Der Übermensch: I completed it at the second try due to a bad button mapping on my part, ( I didn’t manage to score 6.000.000 points though). Is Hitler meant to be so fast and overpowered? Since it is an alpha (Edit: I see just now that the game is in the Complete subforum though) , I’ll mention only two things: the flying kick is too much powerful and can be spammed with the idle jump; also, the exploding barrels don’t damage the enemies. Overall it was fun and I liked the idea of the alternative route after dying.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 01:29:35 AM »
 Just curious, for those playing this: will you prefer this overpowered Hitler or the normal powered Hitler?

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »
normal powered hitler BUT the game needs tweaking to balance it all out.

I like the idea of going to hell, BUT if you play game till end and die just before completing then have to do ALL the hell levels etc that will be annoying (can it be that you skip certain hell levels further you progress in normal levels)
Bad ass babes
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529000/

see more of my games and projects at
www.thatcherproductions.org

Offline maxman

• A.K.A. Ermax619
    • Atlas Productions - Cavern of Creativity
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:03 AM »
I prefer the overpowered Hitler. Unless you need some health items, normal powered Hitler is a go.

I'm not a Hitler lover, but I did enjoy playing it and it was a lot of fun. Funny thing is that, first time, I completed it to the end without going to hell because I read the first post from the mod's description about a one life survival. Second time, I forgot it and went to hell to see what was like before reaching the end of the level. It was very fun and I loved it.
Projects in Progress:
Dragon Duo (on hold)
Captain Commando (CPS2/MVC style) (on hold)
Unelmia (on hold)
Secret project (on hold)
Double Dragon Remake (in progress)
Castlevania Rebirth (on hold)

Misc.:
Openbor Tutorials (to be resumed later on)

Offline Lichtbringer

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »
I'm not sure what to think about that, any screenshots?

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 05:55:19 AM »
 Here you go:

the flying kick is too much powerful and can be spammed with the idle jump

I set it that much to make it balanced with regular combo and other ground attacks. But I'll recalculate it again :)

the exploding barrels don’t damage the enemies

Actually the explosions do damage enemies. Maybe it's too quick making them miss enemies

Offline theoz

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »
I love war of soldiers games :D

I sugest you use some hitflashs on normal attacks! It would be nice if the player use some kind of knife to cut! I used in my mod severals hitcuts flashs like this.

Try make news hitsounds (hitfx), metal slug have some nices.

Try to reduce the time of shoots in A2 button (maybe you can prolong pressing button using "Freespecial cancel" A2 A2 A2 A2) Would be nice if it consome some mp, (enerycost)

Wow he shoot to both sides (keyflip) :D NICE!!!

If I die, Igo to hell fight against demons? Jumptobranch on respaw? I never though this! NICEEEE!

I felt missing some dialogues, intros and storyboards. :o

I felt missing some alternatepals to give illusions of several differentes ennemys ::) For ex, I always see the some "JILL" green cloths. You can bring the blue one, black, pink cloths, our blonde hair.

Maybe you can add some grabattacks, grabup, down, left and throw :D

If you want,  you can use any think of my mods to improve it!

Good Look.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:45:49 PM by theoz »

Offline Kurisu

• Stronger than steel!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

Reminds me of this.
Making my first mod!

Offline dafamily

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
Here is my playthrough of the game bro:

Not bad at all, pretty funny!!  I noticed at the part where you go to hell it's difficult to see the enemies because there isn't any transparency with the objects in the foreground!!  Other than that no complaints here man!!

ROFL, I would like to see you make a game on Donald Trump man, now that would be hilarious lol!! ;D

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 01:15:57 AM »
Thanks man!  And appreciate the video, you always do a great job with those !

Offline kimono

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
May I suggest you to use Wacker from the Tough Guy DOS game instead of this Mr Bison edit, he was released for mugen.

Great game, I finished straight to hell :)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 45123
  • Total Topics: 3091
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27