Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 24, 2017, 11:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

collection completed games that still rock. Includes many lost games. PART 1

• 75 Replies

Offline Tilaval

• No, never, ever and forever...
added new games:
Castlevania - Symphony Of Destruction
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition
Castlevania Legacy Of Dracula - Mugen Player (2014)
One Piece Grand Line Bout
Dragon Ball DEMO

"Hyper Final Fight 3 (v2.5)" updated, has added 3 new levels
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rescue-Palooza! - DEMO" updated to 0.9.1
"Battletoads" fixed 2 missing sound files

"Ninja Jiraya" is deleted because is same as "Dragons of Rage"

update paks with fix:
-Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition
-Fighting Fantasy VII
-Darkstalkers Vampire Slayer Collection

Offline FallenRico

hey netspider, first of all i'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart, i'm downloading your whole collection and having a blast of nostalgia!

would you by chance have the 1st Rocket Viper? i've been searching it on google for hours now and just can't find a valid link for download...

cheers o/

Offline Slig

Thank you netspider, you're a true hero!

Offline netspider1

• Let's bring kids happiness back. Be inspired
Art of Fighting - Trouble in South Town is fixed now, level 17 was unplayable, level 19 was stuck due bug, level 20 was unplayable, broken savegame bug fixed
Let's bring kids happiness back. Be inspired

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
Art of Fighting - Trouble in South Town is fixed now, level 17 was unplayable, level 19 was stuck due bug, level 20 was unplayable, broken savegame bug fixed

Its great you are making fixes. I would reccomend contacting creator for games and showing them changes so they can officially update and release.

Offline netspider1

Its great you are making fixes. I would reccomend contacting creator for games and showing them changes so they can officially update and release.
creator built the game on very old version OpenBOR, although was released in 2016, development has been started 4 years ago which locked the game to very old version OpenBOR. The game was unable to work on any different OpenBOR versions including Android and other portable devices.  :o The creator have been informed by many people who complained that game is unworkable with any higher OpenBOR, but the game was ramped down in that way.  :o The only version that game works is so ancient, that exist only on PC but not on any other devices.  :-\ So I did fixes to bring the game working on any higher versions OpenBOR, as main benefit is now game works not only on PC but on any other portable devices and phones on any recent version OpenBOR. 8) I informed the creator in the past but nothing happened ::)

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
Cool. Ill have to check this version out.

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
81 parts to download...WTF... also had to rummage through your posts to find links... should make it clearer

Offline netspider1

Bare Knuckle 6 - Turn The Tide just fixed a bug that crash when load 3rd level. Also fixed general crash when select player different than Axel, so now you can select and play with all 5 characters  8)
This game I recently added here, it was unable to run at all, but I fixed it to make it run.
The game is upgrade over Bare Knuckle 6 (v6.02). Includes all levels from Bare Knuckle 6 (v6.02) plus 30% more levels, enemies, effects, musics etc.

I use OpenBOR 3979. All OpenBOR versions which I use, you can find it here Recommended OpenBOR http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=2360.0
version 3979 is relatively recent version which is available for PC and other portable devices like Android phones etc.
But if you use latest version OpenBOR, I cannot guarantee that all games are compatible. For example few games have issue with v.4153 and higher. I have not fixed the games to work above OpenBOR v.3979 because I don't see reason to do it so, since all new games (without exception) work on v.3979, and all old games I am fixing to make them work on v.3979. Therefore I am reluctant to switch on newer OpenBOR like v.4153 and above because the old games will need more fixes than I am doing it now, and don't see reason to waste more time until for me is no difference between v.3979 and latest openBOR version
The main reason to fix the games to work on v.3979 is to make them able to run on portable devices like Android phones, etc. because most games work only on older OpenBOR which is not available for Android, thereby bringing games to work on v.3979 will make them playable on many more devices
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:09:58 AM by netspider1 »

Offline enderandrew

I appreciate that you're at least fixing them all to work on one version, though eventually we'll need all these games to run on newer versions.

Offline enderandrew

And as an answer to your request, i would say it is always better to wait for the game author to update the game. If  he will not, for sure you can't whait all this work to be done from a single person for all the games around.
Most of these haven't had updates in 3+ years with the authors disappearing or simply not updating the game at all. Waiting for the original author to update a title may mean it never gets updated.

I understand it is probably too much for one person to properly fix every game out there, but OpenBOR as a platform loses value when you can't play most of the games created for it. I'd hope overall that the community would want to preserve the completed works.

Simply asking people to maintain multiple old executables somewhat works on Windows (though it isn't ideal and can hurt the ease of introducing OpenBOR to a wider audience of players), but it doesn't work on other platforms/ports where there is a single executable.

The people creating these games in the first place put in a great deal of work hoping to find an audience to play and appreciate the games. It would be a shame if we end up with a graveyard of abandoned projects that no one can play anymore with the various ports/platforms.

If someone blogged or documented with forum posts their process of fixing one of these to run on the latest/greatest it might serve as a tool for others to learn and contribute as well for the rest of them. I'd be willing to put in some time and help, but I literally don't even know where to start.

Offline netspider1

Thank you guys for the good words.
Unfortunately I have not fixed the old games to work with last version because on version higher than 4153 compatability errors are going much much hard and will take much more time and efforts than I am doing now to make it work on 4107 (or 3979). May be one day will fix them for the last version...  ::)
So for now I am fixing all old games for version lower than 4153. Use version lower than 4153 (for example 4107 or 3979). If you use higher than 4153 some games will need more fixes. :-\

The reason to fix the the old games to work on higher version is to make them playable on OpenBOR available for devices different than PC, like Android phones etc. Because originally old games require old OpenBOR version which is unavailable for many devices.
Version 4107 (or 3979) is quite recent, available for all devices, and all new recently released games work on 4107 (and 3979) as well  8)

Along with compatibility fixes, I fix the games from broken levels, stuck enemies, crashing enemies, stuck levels etc. to guarantee the game is playable from begin to end.  :)
Also I pass the games through my tool (can be downloaded from here http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item283) to clean all orphan audio files that is stuffed inside and take space for nothing. So the game reduce its size.  :D

I do not add new levels, characters, enemies, weapons or anything else. I keep the games in its original gameplay, only fix errors to make game playable  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:56:37 PM by netspider1 »

Offline netspider1

Ghosts'n Demons - fixed few stuck levels, for version compatibility see the game .txt file
Bare Knuckle 6 - Turn The Tide - character Zen is fixed, not crash any more, so now you can play with Zen

Offline netspider1

just fixed broken level in game Battletoads in mode Revenge level Slair. A name of file was mistaken and game was exiting

Offline netspider1

Due host troubles I re-uploaded all games on new host. As before, you have to click the link above on the page to see the screenshots  ;)
Also added a secondary analternative link with all games click HERE but is traffic limited, 5GB per 6 hours or something like that, so you have to wait or just use different IP  :)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43464
  • Total Topics: 2961
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 30