Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2017, 05:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SUPER Final Fight GOLD PLUS

• 99 Replies

Offline MaxBeta

Re: SUPER Final Fight GOLD PLUS
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2017, 12:31:32 AM »
The previous version was the last working one on Wii OpenBor, even if you had to go in and reduce the wav samples to a lesser bitrate to get them to sound right.  :-\

My current log for Revision 3 on Wii:
Code: [Select]
OpenBoR v3.0 Build , Compile Date: Dec 29 2016

RAM Status:
Total Ram: 75497471 Bytes
 Free Ram: 18446744073463635999 Bytes
 Used Ram: 321413088 Bytes

Level Loading:   'data/levels/ST01_2.txt'
Total Ram: 75497471 Bytes
 Free Ram: 18446744073463635999 Bytes
 Used Ram: 321413088 Bytes

********** An Error Occurred **********
*            Shutting Down            *

Out of memory!
Allocation of size 446072 failed in function 'allocbitmap' at source/gamelib/bitmap.c:32.

I think this is due to Wii memory being so scarce after you beat the first level, but if this is actually the case and its beyond repair, could somebody please make the links for the previous version available? It was the last one that worked and I accidentally deleted it.

Thanks in advance!

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
When you increase the script usage, you increase the memory usage too (OpenBor has a memory leak when using scripts, afaik).

Maybe the coders can use Plombo's optimization method.

Offline Miru

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
When you increase the script usage, you increase the memory usage too (OpenBor has a memory leak when using scripts, afaik).

Maybe the coders can use Plombo's optimization method.

Zvitor's enemy data storage method seems like a good idea too.
Here to sprite.

Offline MaxBeta

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
@O Ilusionista @Miru
While we are on the subject matter here, could you fellas provide me with links on both of the mentioned methods?

I would like to tinker with this myself to see if I can get this pak running again on my end for Wii.
It is one of my definite favorite mods so far.
Also I greatly appreciate the help.

Offline Miru

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2017, 02:49:44 PM »
@O Ilusionista @Miru
While we are on the subject matter here, could you fellas provide me with links on both of the mentioned methods?

I would like to tinker with this myself to see if I can get this pak running again on my end for Wii.
It is one of my definite favorite mods so far.
Also I greatly appreciate the help.

Zvitor's method is to stuff all enemies into categorical folders and alphabetize their names in their sprites. For example, a folder labeled "capangas" contains street thug enemies alphabetized by an order of difficulty, and bosses have brief abbreviations of their names, such as "ba" for Barracuda. In this example, Bred, Dug, Jake, and Simmons can all share a folder, alphabetized.

And here is the plombo method: http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3073.0

You create a small script that refers to a used script (which is renamed to add "_actual", as the small script will use the original script name) with the command #import, and refer to it somewhere in the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:58:48 PM by Miru »
Here to sprite.

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »
...(OpenBor has a memory leak when using scripts, afaik).

There's no memory leak, you'll find memory use is quite stable if the script is written correctly.

That said, comparatively speaking openbor script is very memory hungry out of the box. It still uses far less resources than "script free" hack arounds.

In any case, there are many ways to ameliorate memory consumption, though it doesn't really matter anyway unless you are shooting for console compatability.

Offline dafamily

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
here is my playthrough of the new version of the game with M. Bison guys and boy did I wrecked people lol!!!

It's isn't too hard and love the new moves and I was so close to getting to Akuma lol!!!  Thanks for the game guys, can't wait to see what else you guys come up with next lol!!! ;D

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
Zvitor's enemy data storage method seems like a good idea too.
I don't think that is his method, because its just an alphabetic order and other creator already did it, like me.
For example, I don't just throw are the characters under the CHARS folder, but instead I use folders for BOSSES, ENEMIES, NPC, ROBOTS, and so on.

Its just a matter of to have good habits and organize things :)

There's no memory leak, you'll find memory use is quite stable if the script is written correctly.
Maybe I've choosen not good words, but OP script uses more memory it should, as Plombo already explained here
Scripts in OpenBOR use a ton of memory, far more than they should. This is one of the engine's major shortcomings.

The way OP compile the script - one time for EACH entity which uses it - its not optimized at all. I remember other coders saying such thing.
No hard feelings.

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2017, 08:11:10 PM »

No hard feelings at all man. ☺

It's just a technical difference. A memory leak means there is a design flaw in code that slowly but surely wastes memory while the application is running. That's different from just using a lot of memory.

OpenBOR script is memory hungry, but AFAIK it is stable.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »
Thanks for the explanation :)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42910
  • Total Topics: 2929