Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Knights of the Round Revenge project

• 94 Replies

Offline Miru

Re: Knights of the Round Revenge project
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
I think the animation timing on the ninjas and basic rebel soldiers is a little off. Are they on the same script as the armored enemies?

EDIT: Garland's lifebar isn't centered. It should be centered to show the whole bar.

And I think this would be a pretty awesome theme song for the game:

Songs from Sonic and the Black Knight could be pretty cool to hear in this game too:

If only to give the soundtrack more variety and maybe set up some crucial battles.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:20:47 PM by Miru »
Here to sprite.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

• I would like some assistance
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
You're right about the ninja and the basic rebel soldiers and what location they are spawned at. I guess I need to take some time to fix those errors.

And BTW, I really love the suggestion with sonic and the sacred knights soundtrack being the excellent choice of music for Knights of the Round Revenge.

Offline Miru

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2017, 05:57:49 PM »
You're right about the ninja and the basic rebel soldiers and what location they are spawned at. I guess I need to take some time to fix those errors.

And BTW, I really love the suggestion with sonic and the sacred knights soundtrack being the excellent choice of music for Knights of the Round Revenge.

Thank you!

And also the Arthur and the Knights of Justice cover as the game's theme?
Here to sprite.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »
I'll add that song as the title theme too Miru.

Offline daniel

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 08:13:51 PM »
Oh I see, so you want me to change the menu screen and title screen on Knights of the Round Revenge? I'll see what I can do my friend.

Thx a lot, my friend! Actually, what I wanted most was for you to put this sprite of the first image of the sword, on Arthur ... that excalibur sprite, it only appears there in the opening ...

http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_screenshots/saves15/150102/KNIGHTS--Knights%20of%20the%20Round%20World%20911127_Dec23%2019_34_48.png

Thx a lot, my friend! :)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
I'll try to add the Excalibur on Arthur's sprites, but that I'm afraid that it will mess up the current state of Arthur's gameplay model in the game itself, but then again, like I said before, I'll see what I can do.

Offline daniel

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2017, 08:05:29 AM »
I'll try to add the Excalibur on Arthur's sprites, but that I'm afraid that it will mess up the current state of Arthur's gameplay model in the game itself, but then again, like I said before, I'll see what I can do.

Thx a lot to give this idea a shoot and sorry for the uncomfortable futures that my request may bring you. I do not want to disrupt your project. If it is not viable, never mind. :) 

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »
It's all good Daniel, You're in good hands I promise.  :)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:26 AM »
I'm thinking about removing meimei from knights of the round revenge because i'm having trouble attempting to resize her sprites for the game and the i'm afraid that the said attempt will mess up her sprites files that I converted into gif files a while back. So if anyone have any ideas about resizing sprites, please help me out.

Offline Miru

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »
I'm thinking about removing meimei from knights of the round revenge because i'm having trouble attempting to resize her sprites for the game and the i'm afraid that the said attempt will mess up her sprites files that I converted into gif files a while back. So if anyone have any ideas about resizing sprites, please help me out.

Just use no interpolation to do it.
Here to sprite.

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »

Yes, interpolation will always mess with the colors.

I would recommant to give a try at rotsprite "rotation sprite" software.
Free and very easy to use. It will scale sprites with very decent results. Give it a try. ;)
Still working on my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
Thanks for the website suggestion nedflandeurse, I'll try and give it a shot.  :)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2017, 05:49:40 AM »
 I've watched the videos. I'm surprised that ninjas joined the enemies too, makes me wonder if their master will join too ;)

Anyways, about Garland, you need to adjust him. I can see that you copy him from our D&D mod but you only remove scripts from his text causing him to be weak IOW most of his attacks are broken
 I don't know which level he's going to the boss but you need to adjust his AI properly :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2017, 10:39:54 AM »
Nice work, Jeremiah. But I have some points to share with you:

- Standard. You need to match all the shadows for all entities. Some (like the player) the shadow from the original game, some use the transparent shadow from the engine and some use non-transparent shadow from the engine. This will give your mod a pretty bland and generic looking if you do so (there are thousand of mods which are just a new skin from the Beats of Rage mod). I suggest you to use just one type (and my advice is the non-transparent shadow from the engine - gfxshadow)

- Hit animation - The enemies shakes too much and too slow. Try to make then shake like 2 or 1 pixel only, with a short delay like 3 (take a look at my mod in my signature and you will understand what I am talking about). Also, that boss needs to shake to match the other enemies.

- For slashing attacks, if would be good to have a slash flash (hitspark) together with a slash sound.

Keep the good work.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
That's some very good advice that I needed to hear from you and Bloodbane, O Illusionista. I'll make sure to check and fix the animation errors of the enemies for my project and add more changes for the Knights of the Round Revenge mod like you suggested O' Illusionista. You can count on me to get things done.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43541
  • Total Topics: 2963
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 22
Total: 27