Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 10:27:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dreams of rage

• 23 Replies

Offline handsnfeetface

Dreams of rage
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »
About a year and a half ago, I started a topic on a Freddy fan page regarding the start of a game project.  A short time later work on Dreams of Rage began. 

I'm happy to announce I, finally, have a complete version of the game available for download.  I'd like to thank everyone that has had a hand in helping me reach this point;  I wouldn't be here if not for you guys. 

The goal was to create a Nightmare on Elm Street game that felt like it came from the arcade/sega era like Streets of Rage and Final fight.  There are still some ideas in the works, such as an additional character and extra game modes (which will take some more practice in utilizing this engine), but I'm happy with this first version.

The download link is as follows: https://gamejolt.com/games/dor/274343

I hope everyone has fun playing.  I'm definitely looking forward to gameplay feedback seeing as though I lean more toward the art side of things rather than mechanics.  This is my very first Mod, so go easy ;)

Best regards,

MZ
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:10:15 PM by handsnfeetface »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
Re: Dreams of rage
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:29 AM »
Can you make an animated gif with screenshots of the game? So I can post it on the front page

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:22:35 AM »
congrats on a release.

I have downloaded and played for a bit heres my initial thoughts

- great work on the original spritework you have done
- round of applause for making a unique themed openbor game instead of KOF, double dragon or streets of rage.

some things I would suggest for improvements

-spice up the animations for characters you have used other existing sprites as a base. for. I can see lots of streets of rage sprites used a s base to animate over and you don't want your characters to feel like knock offs. give them some unique animations or alter them some more with some tweaking
-how to screen mentions 'S' button for special move but this isn't the case at all. its actually 'F' button
-as it stands gameplay is very limited and repetitive due to slow speeds and limited moves.
- give players ability to at minimum: run, run attack, dodge, rise attack
- would also suggest chargeattacks
- change freespecial to down, forward and attack
- allow enemies to be hit whilst falling (for juggling)
- have a grabattack where players knock enemies backwards far (use dropv) and give enemies ability to hit other enemies during fall (projectilehit)
- level 2 enemies (from other games) don't match the HD sprite style you have done.
- I really don't enjoy the ghost enemy types. they look like generic thugs- need to look evil and more spiritual. or when they die have freddys face leave their body (mentioned this before)
- The gloved evil girls look great. Only thing i would suggest is make them faster and each version of them have different speed so they all dont look like clones
- kincaid changes palette when doing the ground smash special. It doesnt look intentional. If it is then maybe have him pause and have his clothes flash or something

also a bug I encountered was when reopening game after setting to full screen it seems to get stuck at loading screen 90% of the time and forcing me to shut down program- maybe change openbor engine version ?
so far so good. ill keep playing and see what else I can add to this post.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:32:46 AM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529000/

see more of my games and projects at
www.thatcherproductions.org

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:43:15 AM »
congratulations on the release and I look forward to trying this out soon.

Offline darknior

• OpenBOR Developer
  • Life is game, just play it
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 07:45:39 AM »
Thanks a lot :)

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »

Congratulations on your release. Please get us a screenshot .gif and we'll post this to the news feed.

DC
Projects in progress are now available here: https://github.com/DCurrent

Offline handsnfeetface

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »
Thank you everyone!

I've added an animated gif to my first post per your request.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:29:28 AM »
Posted, thanks.
Zvitor made a video about your game:

I have some feedback to share, but I will do it once I have time.

Offline D@rin

• "Thank you, Jiji!"
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »
Very good and rare idea of a game. It made me almost wanted to see Freddy movies again. I think you could use more characters, like Will Stanton, for example, that you initially considered a playable character(I'm sure I've seen him in early screenshots of this project). or maybe the "Screaming Banshee-style guy" from "Dream Warriors".

So cool was the stage you see Phillip being carried way by his tendons!

I liked your mod but it have room for improvements. like the possibility of escaping the wall of claws of Freddy is very very little because the player character is too slow for dodge it among others things.

But most importantly, give me the name of the metal song played in the title screen.
I want to have it and play it and hear it now!!

Thanks for this movie based mod. ;D

Offline showmaker

• my gods name is crom!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »
great game! i would add this song if i made that game...its from freddy 6 intro

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!!  ;D

Offline handsnfeetface

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 09:21:57 AM »
But most importantly, give me the name of the metal song played in the title screen.

Thank you for the kind words and constructive criticism.  The song I used for the intro is a remake of the Elm street NES theme song created by Scott Roger of Console Crash.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw8CkpEs8Lc

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:47 AM »
This game needs nancy and the wizard master in it :P  Alice should be unlockable and be an op character that has all their powers :P
WIPS

Offline D@rin

• "Thank you, Jiji!"
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 12:10:48 AM »

Thank you for the kind words and constructive criticism.  The song I used for the intro is a remake of the Elm street NES theme song created by Scott Roger of Console Crash.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw8CkpEs8Lc

...And thank you for the metal tune! And thanks the author of the song too.

Amazing.

Offline yolomate

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »
I love it sad the bad quality of the pics but still great and funny! I love the voices and sounds!! :D :D :D

Offline dafamily

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »
Here is my playthrough of the game for Halloween bro

The game is pretty good and is nice to see something different but it has some issues, which most already addressed:

The image quality for the cutscenes is really low quality, I can understand because of the copyright issues so it really doesn't matter much

The characters all move to slow, I had trouble dealing with groups because of this and wished there was a run button

So enemies are way too strong, the tall ghost guys that grab you then kick you away are way too difficult I had more trouble with them then Freddy

There is sprite clashing as you use sprites from Splatterhouse with the monsters

The last form of Freddy isn't that hard, he was really easy lol, I expected more of a fight!!

And that's pretty much all I could think of at this moment, it's a good game that has issues and I'm glad you did something different!!!

Thanks for the game and happy Halloween guys, sorry for bumping the topic lol!!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47530
  • Total Topics: 3262
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 29
Total: 30