Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 06:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mace's Deadly Case

• 42 Replies

Offline Miru

Re: My new mod
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »
I just don't know what yet. And I'm actually having quite a hard time coming up with a nice name for the mod. Anyone got any suggestions?

What about : Fighting Force : Mace's Deadly Case or just Mace's Deadly Case ?

Quote from: maxman
the enemies are gonna be edits as originals?

There's no need. IIRC none of the enemies from Fighting Force are unique and memorable so regular thugs will do. Not to mention, it depends on the story, i.e if Mace is working on a case in different city, she's more likely to meet different enemies

I second Mace's Deadly Case.
Here to sprite.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »
Thank you all for coming up with some nice names :D The ones I really like are 'Mace's Deadly Case' and 'Mace of Destruction'.
Quote from: maxman
the enemies are gonna be edits as originals?
There's no need. IIRC none of the enemies from Fighting Force are unique and memorable so regular thugs will do.
Yes, it's true. Almost all enemies from the original Fighting Force were, more or less, palette swaps from eachother. They sometimes just had different heads or different colours and most of their animations were also the same. Most of the male enemies even shared their fighting stance animation with Hawk when you look at it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:04:17 AM by MadGear »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:47 AM »
I've got the story right here. I'm usually really bad at coming up with decent storylines for my mods :P Anyway, the story is set a couple of years after Fighting Force 2.

Story: Crime gang 'The Underworld' wants to take over the plans of the Cloning/Cyborg research from the now destroyed Nakamichi Corporation (villain from Fighting Force 2) to make advanced/enhanced henchmen. Not all files were erased when the Nakamichi Corporation was destroyed. And so, 'The Underworld' actually have gotten their hands on the plans of the Nakamichi Corporation.

A mysterious figure named '?' contacts Mace and hires her to investigate what 'The Underworld' is up to. When Mace finds out what they're up to,
she decides that 'The Underworld' must be stopped before they're becoming the most dangerous threat.

However, '?' warns her that if she's going through with this, she stands alone and '?' will not help her because he/she doesn't want to risk getting exposed. As to not cause any panic amongst the people, Mace decides that this case will be done in secret.

So, there you have it. Not the best of stories, I admit. But I like this to be honest :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:34:02 AM by MadGear »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »

Anyone fancy some water-skiing? :P (it's still a work in progress)

Will most likely be used for some kind of bonus level where you can earn some extra lives.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:44:31 PM by MadGear »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 04:55:06 PM »
I think I'm gonna settle with 'Mace's Deadly Case' as the title for the mod. Or should I perhaps just call it 'Deadly Case' and leave Mace out of the title name? Which one sounds better to you?

Offline Miru

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »
I think I'm gonna settle with 'Mace's Deadly Case' as the title for the mod. Or should I perhaps just call it 'Deadly Case' and leave Mace out of the title name? Which one sounds better to you?

Mace's deadly case sounds better to me.
Here to sprite.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
I don't suppose anyone knows how to change the name of this topic? :P If someone does, please tell me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:54:08 PM by MadGear »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »
 Edit your very first post and change the topic's name there :)

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
Re: Mace's Deadly Case
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 01:46:11 AM »
Thanks, Bloodbane. It worked.

Offline nedflandeurse

• Peace
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 05:45:50 AM »
Nice!
The design is pretty good, but I cannot unsee a BOXER (Vanessa) when I look at Mace punches here. Mace have a more different type of punches (and even a spining back fist I think)
But the timing of the attacks is good IMO
my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 08:37:31 AM »
Nice!
The design is pretty good, but I cannot unsee a BOXER (Vanessa) when I look at Mace punches here. Mace have a more different type of punches (and even a spining back fist I think)
But the timing of the attacks is good IMO
Thank you, I'm glad you like the design. True, she does have different types of punches and a spinning backfist in the original Fighting Force. But, I had to settle for this (Vanessa does not have a spinning backfist animation) And who knows, maybe Mace knows more fighting styles (like boxing)? ;)

Anyway, I don't intend to change it now because I'm actually almost finished with her moves. So I do hope you can maybe just pretend that Mace learned another fighting style? :P It would be a shame if it would ruin the mod for you because that's not what I intend to do.

ps: I just read the manual of Fighting Force, and it says she has an 'array of martial arts skills'. Not really sure what it means, but it sounds like she knows more than one fighting style. Am I correct?

As you can tell, I'm taking this rather seriously. If everybody is bothered by the fact that you can see that it was originally Vanessa, then I have no choice but to pick another character to edit and start all over again. I honestly don't want to do that :(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:29:01 AM by MadGear »

Offline Miru

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
I don't mind her being an edit. But if you want, I can splice some new Attacks for her.
Here to sprite.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »
I don't mind her being an edit. But if you want, I can splice some new Attacks for her.
hmmm, alright. What kind of attacks?

Offline Miru

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »

Probably some more kicks, and a few grappling moves.
Here to sprite.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »

Probably some more kicks, and a few grappling moves.
Okay, but how are you going to do that? I don't know how to give you the sprites. And the original character (Vanessa) does not have many 'kick' moves. She also lacks a good 'special attack' for when you're surrounded. Oh, and also a 'throw' move.

IF you could actually make those moves for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:48:47 PM by MadGear »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47518
  • Total Topics: 3262
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28