Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2017, 12:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fire Pro Wrestling World Sprite Rips!!!

• 4 Replies

Offline SaintJudas

Fire Pro Wrestling World Sprite Rips!!!
« on: July 11, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
Ok, so fire pro wrestling world came out on steam. If you've never heard of fire pro wrestling, it's ok. The series has an extremely robust and MODULAR SPRITE BASED Character creation suite. You can quite literally make anyone you want to with all the body parts available. A full archive would be a very useful tool for a game designer or hobbyist. Especially if you want all your sprites to have a uniform look.

Moving on, this version of the game was built on the unity engine. That said, using the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor 2.0 from this link: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor
I've finally had some success ripping FPW body part sprites. Problem is, there are a literal TON of sprites to rip, and the method is easy but tedious as all hell. Would anyone be interested in helping? I'm currently ripping the thigh sprites. Anyone want to focus on another body part? With enough people involved we could have this done in no time.

I've attached some examples at the bottom of this post. 
Please note: Opening the sprites in something like MS Paint will display some funky looking results. to fix that, I use irfanview to open the sprite sheet, then copy it. From there, I open it up in MS Paint, and paste the clean image over the funky one. save, and now you've got a 100% clean image.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:36:34 PM by SaintJudas »

Offline SaintJudas

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Sprite Rips!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »
With enough skill and ingenuity you could use something like this to make an OpenBoR character sprite creator. It's wishful thinking at best, but it would be amazing to see nonetheless.

Offline SaintJudas

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:38:43 PM »
in the meantime, I also ripped all the body parts from Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (SNES). The only ones I can't get are the heads. I used YY-CHR, but I cant find them anywhere. Any help would be Appreciated.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x9wq22stbbfcezc/Super_Fire_Pro_XP_sprites.zip
Started work on FPW Queens special (snes) too.   I wound up grabbing a bunch of stuff from it. I think that's everything, but I'm still digging.
cant find the damned heads for this one either. Again, any help would be Appreciated.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ucxnk219yzh7drx/Super_Fire_Pro_QS_sprites.zip
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:09:29 AM by SaintJudas »

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
Nice work man, I've wanted those SNES Fire Pro sprites for a while.  8)

I didn't get the new game on steam yet, but I will grab it soon and check out these sprites ;)

IMO the best sprites are still the PS2 version, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, I don't really like what they did to them in this new version.    I hadn't tried to rip from PS2 before thou.  I think the PS2 ones or SNES would be easier to work with than the new ones because of the filters or whatever they've used on these new sprites.    I love the Fire Pro series, I play the translated version of FPR X Premium on my modded SNES all the time.  :D  Been trying to find the PS2 version at a good price for ages (the PAL version is kinda rare).  :(

For ages I've wanted to make something like you said, like Create a Wrestler / 'create a character' for ages but it would be too hard for me to make a good wrestling game.  Fire pro is such a good game it wouId be hard to replicate everything it has, I figured not worth it when we can just play Fire Pro.  I had messed around thou using sprites from Mdickie's old 'Wrestling MPire' games.  Somewhere on his site he has the the sprites from the 2D game.  Nowhere near as nice as fire pro, but it could be easier and good practice to mess around with them. 

http://www.mdickie.com/mods.htm
FILE - Sprite Templates (700kb)

I had tried using the Pigskin sprites for something similar before just as an experiment, so I was just binding different heads on the same body sprites, so I only needed to swap a few head sprites to make a whole new char.  I tested doing it in char selection too, you just make a fake select screen, the select screen is a character entity on an empty stage. In this character it has spawnbinds with empty/null fields, I cycled the selections you can make, so you choose first option (like changing head) then it switches animations to choose another thing.  (my test was really simple I only had the 2 heads and 2 bodies).  As you cycle body parts it automatically saves the name to a script field, so when you select it will be saved as globalvar, localvar (or whatever).  The scripting I did was really crude just to see it kind of work, I could see the potential if it were done properly thou.  I was going to try with DFO sprites one day because you can just dump all the sprites and use the original offsets. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:37:23 AM by BeasTie »

Offline SaintJudas

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
I tried to find another method to get them from Fire Pro World, but not only did it not work...
It ruined the old method is was using. Now I have to use a different computer entirely to rip from the game, because i cant' figure out what's broken exactly. I don't like the HD sprites much either, but the look fine when resized by half exactly. Resized them by half 2nd time, and they still looked good.

So close to finished ripping From FPX and FP Queen's special, I just need those heads. I'm doing my best to grab them from gameplay, but It's such a slow, hit or miss process. there's got to be a better way. Are you interested in helping?
Once its done, I'd like to grab everything from the two gba games. In game they look kinda ugly and resized, but the part tiles themselves are not. The're actually nice and clean. I will say, the heads look much better in The first game, than the second... !!!
Don't know if they'll fit over the SNES bodies, maybe I could try that.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6226
  • Latest: esc
Stats
  • Total Posts: 45171
  • Total Topics: 3096
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3