Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 01:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BDD: The Revenge (v.8)

• 45 Replies

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
BDD: The Revenge (v.8)
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:13:29 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wanna let you know that I want to upload a new version of the mod again. Here are some changes:

- 'Mission 3: Spaces of Evil' is now a bit longer. I felt that the stage felt a little short, so I extended it a bit.
- Added a boss battle at the end of 'Mission 3'. You will now fight Silas Volkmire in his UFO that you saw at the end of 'Battletoads in Battlemaniacs'.
- The walls in the 'Turbo Tunnel' area now actually blink to let you know where they are going to appear, just like in the original games (took me like two years or so to get it done :P). The same goes for the spiked barriers in 'Mission 3'. The Turbo Tunnel area should be a bit easier now if players were struggling before.
- New music in some stages.
- Added a third vehicle stage. It has replaced the original 'Mission 7-1' area. This new vehicle stage can also be played as a "Practice" mode when you beat the 'Story Mode'.
- The 'Boss Rush' mode is a bit more flashed out. You'll now fight each of the bosses in their own area's where you fought them in the 'Story Mode'.

There's probably some more changes, but I can't think of any more right now.

Video gameplay by Nz0x

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item324
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:40:08 PM by O Ilusionista »

Offline elisf2

Re: BDD: The Revenge (v.8)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
Bud ur game is awesome one of my favs downloading new version know keep up the good work

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
Bud ur game is awesome one of my favs downloading new version know keep up the good work
I thank you for the compliment, but I still have to upload the new version. I will do that soon after I have tested that everything works as it should. The latest version is v.7

All of the updates that I mentioned in the first post are in v.8
I will upload v.8 soon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:36:46 PM by MadGear »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 01:59:01 AM »
By the way, if you guys were wondering why I've never updated the sequels (The T.Bird Mission and Return of the Dark Forces), it's because my heart wasn't in those mods. I did them because there were actually some people that asked me back in the Lavalit days. Can't remember who, though.

So yeah, there's your answer. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to make this mod (The Revenge) and I did put my heart into this one. That's why I kept updating it over the past 9 years. To give you a better version of the mod and share how I envisioned a sequel to the original game from 1993.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:04:04 AM by MadGear »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:06:56 AM »
Sorry about before, guys. I actually came to my senses. While it's true that I have a low selfconfidence, I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you :(
I'm just the kinda guy that needs some confirmation once in a while. I guess you could say that I'm perhaps socially awkward.

Anyway, I removed that part of the first post in this topic. So yeah, just read about the changes I made in the mod and let me know if you're being enthousiastic about said changes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:11:28 AM by MadGear »

Offline sergiomsousa

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:25:16 AM »
Where i can download the v.7 version?

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
Where i can download the v.7 version?
Right here
http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item308

But if you have a little more patience, you can play the v.8 version of the game. I'm planning on uploading that version this evening.

Offline sergiomsousa

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
Ok! Cool to see a battletoads game to openbor!
I play all these mods on my nintendo wii, and it will be a fine addition.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »
Alrighty guys,

BDD - The Revenge (v.8 ) has been tested and has now also been uploaded. Waiting for approval at this point.
Once it's available for download, give the mod a try and let me know what you think.

Development of this mod has been one fun ride for the past 9 years. I'm at the point where I've now run out of ideas of what to further add to this mod. So I guess you could say that, maybe, I'm now actually done with the mod. I'm really proud of the end result if I may say so myself :)

So yeah, let me know what you think when/if you've finished it.

PS: Like last time (and many times before that), I had nobody to play with so I couldn't test the mod while playing with a second player. I'm going to assume everything works correctly because I never heard any complaints about earlier versions.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:23:39 PM by MadGear »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
Hi.
I need an animated gif or at least one image to post at the front page.

Thanks.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 05:48:51 PM »
Hi.
I need an animated gif or at least one image to post at the front page.

Thanks.
Alright. Never done that before, so it may take just a little while. Working on an animated gif image right now.

Okay, I've sent it to you. The mod also first needs to be approved I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:22:01 PM by MadGear »

Offline magggas

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »
Anyway, I removed that part of the first post in this topic..

Hey MadGear, about what you wrote before, i wanted to tell you that you should not worry too much about. Instead i would suggest you to put i little more effort when you post a game or just an update and add some screenshots or a video about it. This way your post will get some more attention and may more people will give the game a try.

So make the gif O Ilusionista asked you, then add it on your first post and you will see  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:34:00 PM by magggas »

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
So make the gif O Ilusionista asked you, then add it on your first post and you will see  :D
I followed your advice and made an animated gif image and added it in the first post at the top of this topic. It does look better indeed. Thank you for giving me this advice.

Offline magggas

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
Yeah, much better now  :D
If you allow me for one more advice, make a gamejolt page for your game as well. Check the download link my WH game for example  ;)

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
Yeah, much better now  :D
If you allow me for one more advice, make a gamejolt page for your game as well. Check the download link my WH game for example  ;)
Actually, I just want the mod to be downloadable at just this site. I have no experience with Gamejolt or any other site where you can upload games. The mods that I did where always uploaded on this site and, to be honest, I like to keep it that way. This site is a place I know. The mod has been uploaded actually. Still waiting for it to be approved.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:54:29 PM by MadGear »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48704
  • Total Topics: 3342
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 36