Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 05:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AVENGERS UNITED BATTLE FORCE DEMO 2

• 90 Replies

Offline thefallenalchemist

Re: AVENGERS UNITED BATTLE FORCE DEMO 2
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Well, I didn't notice a lot of skyscrapers or anything that I would really see in a big city like New York, where the original game had taken place. Many of the levels are lower to the ground, like they take place in a slightly smaller city. It was a change of pace, and I liked it! Some Marvel purists might not, but it is your game at the end of the day, and that means your vision.

I tried making games years ago, but I was pretty bad at it, I thought. What I've played here is nothing short of awesome.

Offline shulbocka

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:05 AM »
I choose to not put two bosses at once because it would be too dificult to beat.
True, but it could also be a lot of fun. Another idea, combine two different boss sprites into one boss character. (Similar to Yun & Yang by Odb718 for MUGEN). Just something to consider maybe.

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2017, 08:19:05 AM »

HULK IS SMASH! Yeah! He's overwhelming. He's untouchable. Though I think right word for him created long ago. Incredible!

But there are some thing that looks not right:
- enemies thrown  by his clap and running attack don't hit another enemies that stands behind them;
- there are some strange things with damage radius of his D,U,Attack, enemies that stands behind even don,t affected with it and it's hard to believe that melee enemies could counterattack it in the middle of animation with ease;
- something wrong with his block on Tactical Force stage, looks like it don't work at all or maybe I'm too slow;
- he's got very strange J,D,Attack, I can't figure out any situation where it can be useful, maybe it's for fighting flying enemies?

Tigra is very interesting character. She's fast and furious. And have some surprise: two modes hide in different palettes. Hellcat Mode and Normal mode, though I'd say it's Easy Mode and Hard Mode. Because her Grab Hook move is definetly better. Bad Cat move is easy to block and even counterattack and sometimes it work not like it suppose to  and even don't damaging enemies. Though in my last run in Normal Mode it works normal.

But I think she is good. There is only one problem that occurs: her attacks sometimes missed. Looks like only her J,D,F,Attack always hit when it should.

Some bug-like things:
- there are reflections of Avengers logo (from HUD) in windows on Viper stage;
- when character is frozen by Hydrabot his powerbar frozen too, is it intentional;
- when you launch only third chapter it's starts from Trapster level and normal sequence of stages is started only after beating it;
- when Thor use his Asgard Punishment on Hammer, boss taking damage only from throwing on the ground, looks like his immune to Mjolnir blow;
- we discuss it earlier and now I can say precisely that while Thor using his Jumping Throw on Bowman and Hammer his got knocked down too;
- Emma Frost's Let's Dance Attack don't use powerbar and her running attack in Diamond form don't do any damage;
- Thor's Mighty Strike (Ragnarok Mode) attack made some minor damage, it is weaker then normal attacks;
- Wolverine in Normal Mode doing Special Drill Claw attack while being poisoned.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
Thanks again for those videos. I will  take a look on everything you have reported.

About this:
- there are reflections of Avengers logo (from HUD) in windows on Viper stage;
There is nothing I can do. Its how the engine works.

Thanks to Piccolo, now you can play this game in LINUX :)
I haven’t tested it yet (neither I can test it, since I have no computer with Linux), so if anyone can test it, please share with us the experience: http://gamejolt.com/games/avengers-united-battle-force/14591
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:35:33 AM by O Ilusionista »

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
There is nothing I can do. Its how the engine works.

Sure you can! Instead of using an entity to generate the icon, you can use drawsprite() to paint it right on the screen, and it won't be picked up by the background mirror. :)

DC
Projects in progress are now available here: https://github.com/DCurrent

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
Here comes Thor!

Holy Mother... This guy definetly strong as Hulk, though he's not so simple. He's got huge moveset and you could even forget about his Avenger power. But you need to master his abilites.
He's good, very good, although his To the Heaven Grab move be better, if it connects with Mjolnir Rise.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Sure you can! Instead of using an entity to generate the icon, you can use drawsprite() to paint it right on the screen, and it won't be picked up by the background mirror. :)
DC
Using the entity gives me way more control over it, its way easier to handle animation (and sounds, if I want to) and I don't need to use any update/ondraw script, so its less memory intensive this way.
There should be a way to turn off reflection, like we have for shadows. And I had some issues (and found some bugs, which I've reported long time ago) about mirror, so this is something I won't fix.

Holy Mother... This guy definetly strong as Hulk, though he's not so simple. He's got huge moveset and you could even forget about his Avenger power. But you need to master his abilites.
He's good, very good, although his To the Heaven Grab move be better, if it connects with Mjolnir Rise.
He is one of my favorites, because I am a big fan of Thor. COMICS-wise, at base level, he is almost at the same level of Hulk (long history to explain the difference between them). With his Thorforce (something I wanted to include on the game, but scrapped this idea), he is even stronger than Odin. Thor were able to open a breach on a Celestial armor!

On the game, he needs to be playable with more strategy than Hulk (well, you need NO strategy with Hulk, lol), but can do a lot of damage if you know how to control him.

I am terrible busy those days, but I am taking note of every feedback and I've fixed almost everything.

Offline monroejo88

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
Here comes Thor!

PLEASE Play with everyone!!!! Amazing Gameplay lol

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

Here is Emma Frost. She's good and very interesting character, and comparable with Brand because she's tactical too. And I think that she's definetly needs some kind of Grab System just to make her funnier to play.

I see that her running attack in very first frames don't do any damage to enemies or may be I'm mistaken.
When she changes form her aerial attacks change places: knockable kick - J,Attack in normal form and J,D,Attack in diamond form.
There are some kind of animation problem in fight with Bowman (approximatly 14:46): she grabs him, he got away and she got stuck for several seconds.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »
Thanks for the video. She is not a expert in hand to hand combat (in comics) and she can grab enemies while in Diamond form. Maybe she should grab in normal form too?
I will take a look on that bug, thanks

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
Maybe she should grab in normal form too?
I think you shouldn't do that. Her forms must differs radically. She's like two different characters in one and that's her advantage.

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
Quicksilver is coming your way:

He is very interesting character. Not just fast. He's got unique style and some interesting ideas in it. And that's very good.

Though I think that he is the one who needs ability to turning around while attacking, of course it could make him unstoppable,  but it would be fine reward for players who can keep up with his speed.

Offline nedflandeurse

• I think I'm feeling better, but frozen project ATM
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
IMO all characters should have a grab anim and at least a grabattack even if they are not grapplers. Then more regular characters have throws with it and grapplers have multiple throws.

I like the gameplays!
(ON HOLD) my game system. W.A. Project. (ON HOLD)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
Thanks again for the cool gameplay. Quicksilver is one of the most loved character by the players (and by Doom, one of the authors and who made most of Quicksilver's sprites).

Though I think that he is the one who needs ability to turning around while attacking, of course it could make him unstoppable,  but it would be fine reward for players who can keep up with his speed.
Turn around when attacking? Can you elaborate it, please?

IMO all characters should have a grab anim and at least a grabattack even if they are not grapplers. Then more regular characters have throws with it and grapplers have multiple throws.

This is a good question.

Offline crazy_russian

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »
Turn around when attacking? Can you elaborate it, please?
Well, his J,D,F,Attack works continuosly only in one direction. I think it could be useful if he can change direction while he's in the air. Not just after landing.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 45430
  • Total Topics: 3119
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 22
Total: 26