Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 04:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[WIP] Avengers United Battle Force

• 1924 Replies

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
Re: [WIP] Avengers United Battle Force
« Reply #1905 on: November 03, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
Could it be I'm not the only Brony here? :D

Once I realized there were 6 palettes, I knew I had to ;D Sadly it was impossible to give Rainbow her trademark mane  (it looked awful when I tried - the wings looked like throw-up) so I went with the most prominent colours.

Twilight Sparkle looks the worst but I'm pretty happy with the rest of 'em.

Fun Fact : I colour swatched from pictures of the actual characters to make the palettes as accurate as possible :)

It would be funny to have the theme song play on that stage but I think copyright issues would be a problem (Hasbro are assholes), and Nyan Cat is pretty great anyway.

I imagined Deadpool shouting "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIIIIC!" in my head XD it would be hilarious if he randomly did that when using the alternate fire or something.

I'm probably gonna wait until the new update before recording another playthrough :) It'll either be Iron Man or Quicksilver. I'm gonna record Black Widow a couple weeks afterwards so that people have to play it to see her!
"Muffin?"

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #1906 on: November 03, 2017, 10:39:34 AM »
I'm not the convention going, forum posting kind of brony, but I do like the show and know the characters. It's too bad Deadpool isn't a regular playable, because he and the ponies are just WAY too perfect together. I can picture him calling them in for special moves...

Fluttershy to dash in and pull out some of her CQC "massage" moves on a single target...

Pinkie Pie weaponizing Twilight from screen edge for a cover fire move... (While DP yells "Bang bang bang bang" natch)...

Rainbow Dash blowing the screen as an avenger power...

No clue what you'd do with Rarity - maybe she raises a gem from the ground that reflects projectiles? Oh well, I'm just thinking out loud - not making requests. Everything looks pretty sweet and can't wait for the next demo!

DC
Projects in progress are now available here: https://github.com/DCurrent

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1907 on: November 03, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »
I'd never ever have imagined DC to be a brony of any kind. :D

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1908 on: November 05, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
In honor of the new update, here's a full playthrough with Black Widow :)

Sorry it's not that impressive :/ I'm not the best with her, but it's better than my Brand playthrough (like that's hard to accomplish... XD).

Hope you all enjoy!

Next will likely be the new Iron Man :)
"Muffin?"

Offline Miru

« Reply #1909 on: November 05, 2017, 11:33:23 PM »
My thoughts and observations on the newest demo (mostly a bug and oddity report):

* I do love the newly recorded voice clips! Maybe bring back the Microsoft Sam voice as a sort of Easter egg?
* I notice that EVERY player I see keeps on picking up Avenger icons they don’t need. Maybe you should eventually do something about it. I know my stocking up idea isn’t likely (maybe add a cooldown period to balance it out? The cooldown could increase by number of icons stocked), but maybe give items a point value for picking them up?
* Why is Bucky mode listed as “Alt. Moves” rather than an Extra Mode? It seems more different between the forms than Tigra and Hellcat, even.
** Speaking of this, maybe denote if an Extra Mode is triggered via an alternate pallete at the selection screen or within gameplay?
* Arachne is still fireproof, as are the Sentinels.
* I think the non-humanoid enemies should be burned with “fill” rather than “tint” to fit better.

I wish you good luck for your next MUGEN project. And for PDC2.
Here to sprite.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #1910 on: November 06, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
I'd never ever have imagined DC to be a brony of any kind. :D

Me neither lol.

My thoughts and observations on the newest demo (mostly a bug and oddity report):

* I do love the newly recorded voice clips! Maybe bring back the Microsoft Sam voice as a sort of Easter egg?
* I notice that EVERY player I see keeps on picking up Avenger icons they don’t need. Maybe you should eventually do something about it. I know my stocking up idea isn’t likely (maybe add a cooldown period to balance it out? The cooldown could increase by number of icons stocked), but maybe give items a point value for picking them up?
* Why is Bucky mode listed as “Alt. Moves” rather than an Extra Mode? It seems more different between the forms than Tigra and Hellcat, even.
** Speaking of this, maybe denote if an Extra Mode is triggered via an alternate pallete at the selection screen or within gameplay?
* Arachne is still fireproof, as are the Sentinels.
* I think the non-humanoid enemies should be burned with “fill” rather than “tint” to fit better.

I wish you good luck for your next MUGEN project. And for PDC2.

- the new voice clips (hydra stage) were recorded by Psykai.

- As I already stated before, I don't have plans to change it. Its like to change the full HP item because some not so smart players get them while they have full HP.

- you are right about this one. I've fixed it already, but I will wait more days to release a patch.

- I will check about it.

Offline dafamily

« Reply #1911 on: November 06, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »
Hey bro,

I noticed after the first bonus stage before you go to the sky level fighting the Hydra Jet, I noticed the correct lives don't show up!!  For example, I got about 8 lives in the bonus stage and when I go into the sky level it reverts back to 3 lives, I don't know if you noticed this or not just letting you know I was playing with Black Widow if that helps!!!

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1912 on: November 06, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Hum, that is really strange.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1913 on: November 07, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
...I got about 8 lives in the bonus stage and when I go into the sky level it reverts back to 3 lives...

Oh, I meant to ask about that too!

It always happens to me, with pretty much any character.

At first, I thought maybe it was "by design", like you were supposed to start a chapter with only 3 lives or so, but it didn't make sense to have those bonus stages...

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1914 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
I've noticed this too.

The score resets to 0 in those stages too (maybe every stage?) and doesn't seem to get added up at the end but I assumed that was an OpenBOR thing.
"Muffin?"

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1915 on: November 07, 2017, 07:17:35 PM »
At first, I thought maybe it was "by design", like you were supposed to start a chapter with only 3 lives or so, but it didn't make sense to have those bonus stages...
No, its not by design AT ALL. Unless I made something wrong, its an OpenBOR issue. I think I am blessed or something, because its the 4 (or more) issue from the engine which I got on my game.

From what I saw, there isn't anything wrong:

set   *__Story_Mode
nosame 1
lives 3
credits 5
maxplayers 2
continuescore 1
cansave 2
noshare 1

select data/select/sel0.txt

#--------------------------------------------------#Street stage

scene   data/scenes/history/scene01.txt
scene   data/scenes/howto2.txt

#fase 1
z 135 220 0
file   data/levels/fase1.txt

next

#lvl1 branch
z 135 220 0
file   data/levels/lv1branch.txt

#--------------------------------------------------#porto
branch porto

select data/select/sel0.txt

z 80 220 0
#z 134 220 0
file   data/levels/porto.txt

#boss 1
z 100 160 0
file   data/levels/portofinal.txt

next

#----------------------------heliport bonus
z 110 182 0
file   data/levels/portobonusgame.txt

next

#--------------------------------------------------#sky stage

skipselect
scene   data/scenes/history/scene02m.txt
scene   data/scenes/unlock/unlock1.txt
select data/select/sel1.txt

#Sky Stage 1
z 60 210 0
file   data/levels/sky1.txt

I just use NEXT to trigger the complete screen. I know those skipselect doesn't makes much sense, but I remember I was having TWO selecting screens before I put that.

The score resets to 0 in those stages too (maybe every stage?) and doesn't seem to get added up at the end but I assumed that was an OpenBOR thing.

Its not intended at all too.

I will report it to the devs.

Offline Cyrus Annihilator

• Cyrus Annihilator Blog
« Reply #1916 on: November 13, 2017, 05:50:33 AM »
Hi Ilu, I finished the new demo yesterday, really enjoyed it as usual!

I suggest you move the bosses' lifebar to the upper section of the screen. Since the action is on the lower part of the screen, the lifebar is disturbing.

And my nickname is misspelled in the end credits ^_^
Cyrus Annihilator
Sprite Ripper, Video Game Box Artist, Avengers Alliance Wikia adm.
Future projects: SNES Legends / Maui Mallard saga / Brawlers of Might and Magic.
http://cyrusannihilator.blogspot.com.br/

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1917 on: November 15, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »
I was watching the credits of the game and thinking how some of the scenery in certain shots looks really cool. I think it would be awesome to see some of these locations as future stages somehow :)

I'll share my favourites:

I LOVE the idea of walking on a high place like this! It's such a cool looking set piece :)

I'm not a big fan of snow levels but the art style compliments the sprites and I think it would look pretty cool in this game :)

This forest is BEAUTIFUL. One of the best backgrounds I've seen. I'd love a nature level that looked like this :)

Also recorded a new playthrough with the amazing Iron Man which is probably my best one in terms of my performance :) I really love his playstyle:
"Muffin?"

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1918 on: November 15, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »
I suggest you move the bosses' lifebar to the upper section of the screen. Since the action is on the lower part of the screen, the lifebar is disturbing.
I can't. There is no space at the top area (we have two type of NPC's lifebars to show there).

And my nickname is misspelled in the end credits ^_^
Sorry, I will fix it.

@Psykai Thanks, some of those stages are in my plans.
And thanks for the video, its awesome!

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1919 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »
I'll share my favourites:

I LOVE the idea of walking on a high place like this! It's such a cool looking set piece :)

Ohh, and if you get hit by any attack that knocks you down, you fall off the stage, like in a hole, taking extra damage to climb back up! Could be sort of like a flying level mini game.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6610
  • Latest: larson
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47046
  • Total Topics: 3226
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3