Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 01:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Creating a TMNT mod suggestions comments ideas?

• 733 Replies

Offline BeasTie

Re: Creating a TMNT mod suggestions comments ideas?
« Reply #705 on: May 12, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »
Nice work bro.   8)

Offline nedflandeurse

• I think I'm feeling better, but frozen project ATM
« Reply #706 on: May 12, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
I really hope to see a game like that, if it really happens to be released.
I'll wait and see.

It will not be a game but a sprite animation.
But I also hope someone makezZ a game with the spritezZ I edit!

Oh, still interesting.
(ON HOLD) my game system. W.A. Project. (ON HOLD)

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #707 on: May 12, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »
I kinda marked out at first too, I thought he was making a mugen game ;)

Offline A-D-EiGHT

• Deviantart
« Reply #708 on: May 13, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
Nice work bro.   8)
Thx BeasTie, and thx for letting me use your thread I know I've been using it a lot lately  ;D
I hope the sheetzZ can help your game as well!

I am finishing up on shredder to, only got to organize & add the bladezZ on the shoulder guardezZ.

I was also wondering if you could share the foot soldier spritezZ with me bc this:

lookzZ 100 timezZ better then this:

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
I don't have the footclan completed yet, there is thousands of sprites for them.  I had done the bulk of it, but I need to go over it again and tidy up some of the head edits.  There is also sprites for holding weapon, no weapon, weapon holstered etc.   Also I will have bandanna and no bandanna versions too.

If you just want some for your sprite comics I can easily share some stuff with you, but I will be working on my mod for a while yet, I don't want to release unfinished sprites for the sheets.  But I have a lot of the basic anims done and have the basic enemies in my game already.  So there is plenty if you just need still frames for sprite comics.

Offline A-D-EiGHT

• Deviantart
« Reply #710 on: May 15, 2017, 04:39:04 AM »
Well u can share anything you like.
That there are thousands of sprites is only better, that means I can animate the hell out of it.

Everything you share I will keep to myself, I will even sign a NDA if you want :P
My soul purpose is to make an Sprite animation and put in on Youtube bc the last 2 TMNT moviezZ were anything but satisfying :-\

Here is an example of something I made a long time ago to get a idea.
http://a-d-eight.deviantart.com/art/Guy-vs-Gen-Preview-246898566

Is there a way to contact you directly like skype? so we can talk things over cuzZ I also want to promote your game in the Sprite animation and or make cutscenezZ for your game

Offline Lichtbringer

« Reply #711 on: May 16, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »
I will be working on my mod for a while yet, I don't want to release unfinished sprites for the sheets.

Nice that you are working on your mod again, will you Focus on the sprites for now or will you do a little bit of everything? ^.^

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #713 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
testing animation 8)

These are really good, but if I may - why the drawn in motion trails? IMO you should separate those and then spawn them as a second entity. It's really easy to do and will give you a couple of benefits. You get cleaner main sprites to work with. And since the trails are a second entity you can turn on the alpha transparency, so it will also just plain look cooler.

Example (see the sword trails):

Projects in progress are now available here: https://github.com/DCurrent

Offline A-D-EiGHT

• Deviantart
« Reply #714 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »
Ok thx, I didnt know that.
But I'm not a game maker, I'm a animator I make flash animationzZ. But I wil keep that in mind for the game makerzZ.
I did put them on a second layer in photoshop

Offline Damon Caskey

• Administrator
    • DC Current
« Reply #715 on: May 19, 2017, 01:06:20 PM »

Yeah, it's not that hard to do and really adds to the visual appeal. If you already have them separate in Photoshop you're halfway there. :)
Projects in progress are now available here: https://github.com/DCurrent

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #716 on: May 20, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »
I also agree on what DC said, I have tried to avoid that style of effects as much as possible in my mod. 

My soul purpose is to make an Sprite animation and put in on Youtube bc the last 2 TMNT moviezZ were anything but satisfying :-\

Here is an example of something I made a long time ago to get a idea.
http://a-d-eight.deviantart.com/art/Guy-vs-Gen-Preview-246898566

Is there a way to contact you directly like skype? so we can talk things over cuzZ I also want to promote your game in the Sprite animation and or make cutscenezZ for your game
this looks really good, a tmnt animation like this would be awesome.  yeah I'm on skype sometimes, PM me and I'll send you details.

I will be working on my mod for a while yet, I don't want to release unfinished sprites for the sheets.

Nice that you are working on your mod again, will you Focus on the sprites for now or will you do a little bit of everything? ^.^
Probably a bit of everything again, I never really stopped, I just don't have as many hours to work on things, so I do whatever I can get done in one sitting.  Otherwise it's hard to remember later on what I was in the middle of doing...   the result is having to do things over again just to check...  ended up with two copies of the mod both atm, I need to check over a lot of stuff and work out what's different...   :o 

I actually took a break from spriting and was spending a bit of time making original music for the mod, I'll eventually preview them with some gameplay for context.  I hate showing unfinished music even more than unfinished mods thou  ::)  Also started some remixes/reworkings of tunes from the NES and PC games.  I went too a lot of trouble to capture all the midi data from Manhattan Missions just so I could do this.  Which included midi for a 'Turtle Power' remix lol  :D - Eventually I will release these MIDI rips as well.   

I am still doing a lot of resource gathering, ripping things from games and even playing through some games to find more stuff I want. 

Sorry not posted updates for a while, a lot of progress has just not been that interesting to post.  This was always intended to be a long term spriting and game project, something I could be creative with that I would work on for a while, taking my time with sprites, music coding etc.  It probably still wouldn't even be public if not for this thread ;)

Offline Lichtbringer

« Reply #717 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:44 AM »
Probably a bit of everything again, I never really stopped, I just don't have as many hours to work on things, so I do whatever I can get done in one sitting.  Otherwise it's hard to remember later on what I was in the middle of doing...   the result is having to do things over again just to check...  ended up with two copies of the mod both atm, I need to check over a lot of stuff and work out what's different...   :o 

I actually took a break from spriting and was spending a bit of time making original music for the mod, I'll eventually preview them with some gameplay for context.  I hate showing unfinished music even more than unfinished mods thou  ::)  Also started some remixes/reworkings of tunes from the NES and PC games.  I went too a lot of trouble to capture all the midi data from Manhattan Missions just so I could do this.  Which included midi for a 'Turtle Power' remix lol  :D - Eventually I will release these MIDI rips as well.   

I am still doing a lot of resource gathering, ripping things from games and even playing through some games to find more stuff I want. 

Sorry not posted updates for a while, a lot of progress has just not been that interesting to post.  This was always intended to be a long term spriting and game project, something I could be creative with that I would work on for a while, taking my time with sprites, music coding etc.  It probably still wouldn't even be public if not for this thread ;)

It would be cool to have a little preview of your original music, when it is ready.

About the progress, even the "uninteresting" stuff is important, I don't say that you have to talk about it everytime when you do something new, but a little "the project is still alive" from time to time is not bad I guess.^^

About the resource gathering, are you searching for something specific? Maybe I know a game that has what are you searching for, I'm a living database of useless gaming and cartoon knowledge. Ö_Ö

Offline Omega

« Reply #718 on: June 11, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
I have a question. I know this isn't the place for requesting things but, I couldn't find it.

Where can I find colorized, recolored sprites for all Turtles from Tournament Fighters?

Offline A-D-EiGHT

• Deviantart
« Reply #719 on: June 11, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
Where can I find colorized, recolored sprites for all Turtles from Tournament Fighters?
what do you mean?
color separations?
You can find TMNT sprites in this topic or on my deviant page
http://a-d-eight.deviantart.com/gallery/
??

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6410
  • Latest: KingWei
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46128
  • Total Topics: 3162