Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 12:46:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rushing Beat/ Rival Turf Mod

• 219 Replies

Offline Don Vecta

• H.U.N.T.E.R.
    • Streets of Rage Remake forum
Re: Rushing Beat/ Rival Turf Mod
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
The mod is looking awesome, and the gameplay is feeling smoother, just a few kinks to fix up:

• Don't let the blocking guys being able to block sharp objects, they can block the girls' kunais. All sorts of sharp objects and bullets should be unblockable.
  • Make bullets travel faster. They look odd traveling so slow. The shotgun blasts actually could be used with an animation sprite, use the one from Vendetta, for example, short range but killing range.
  • I'm glad there's less enemies with weapons, these should be more sparsely. The game is a Beat 'em Up, not Sunset Riders, lol.
  • Make the special attacks being able to be performed freely without losing health unless they hit someone. Sometimes the moves can be used as evasive maneuvers besides breaking enemy attacks.
  • Cool new attacks on Arnold, that dash grab makes him more dynamic.
  • I'd suggest changing the name of the Bongo character into Luis, the Latin version of Louie. Also get rid of Choppo for Butch, change him into Chuleta (pork chop)
  • I liked the Sean and Matsuda reference on the alt names for Goro and Kato, especially making a Goro have SF3's Sean palette. :)
  • Since the game got slightly harder, I'd recommend adding some random food drops in certain enemies, like the fatsos. I still was struggling to keep going without losing continues.
  • The scrolling in the Stage 5's sea is way too fast slow it down more and make sure it goes in parallax scrolling (the closer the faster and the further the slowest)
  • Loved the new female sub-bosses at the Joecal's HQ building. Hope you're keeping the Rushing Beat story instead of the awful Rival Turf one.
  • Did you get all my resources for the alt routes? I'm seriously looking forward to see them in action.

I guess that's all, the mod is playing more smoothly and more and more entertaining. You're definitely pulling yourself! Keep up the good job!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e).

Offline Joshiro

« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2016, 04:59:26 PM »
Don't let the blocking guys being able to block sharp objects, they can block the girls' kunais. All sorts of sharp objects and bullets should be unblockable.
Fixed.

Make bullets travel faster. They look odd traveling so slow. The shotgun blasts actually could be used with an animation sprite, use the one from Vendetta, for example, short range but killing range.
Changed. I'll look at a video for Vendetta to see what you're referring to.

I'm glad there's less enemies with weapons, these should be more sparsely. The game is a Beat 'em Up, not Sunset Riders, lol.
Yeah, I tried to balance the levels more. Still have to do some more tweaks.

Make the special attacks being able to be performed freely without losing health unless they hit someone. Sometimes the moves can be used as evasive maneuvers besides breaking enemy attacks.
Will change. You can also use down-up special moves to get out of the way. They have some brief invincibility frames.

Cool new attacks on Arnold, that dash grab makes him more dynamic.
Yes! Thanks. I'm trying to make enemies as varied as possible.

I'd suggest changing the name of the Bongo character into Luis, the Latin version of Louie. Also get rid of Choppo for Butch, change him into Chuleta (pork chop)
Ah! Great name! Funny thing is I used to call myself "Papi Chuleta" when I was in my early teens. Hmm as for Louie I called him Bongo because of the SOR stage 8 palette I used for him. Same as I did with the other enemy names being referenced palettes.

I liked the Sean and Matsuda reference on the alt names for Goro and Kato, especially making a Goro have SF3's Sean palette. :)
Glad you liked it. I enjoy having stuff like that.

Since the game got slightly harder, I'd recommend adding some random food drops in certain enemies, like the fatsos. I still was struggling to keep going without losing continues.
I was thinking of having enemy drop items too. I will add this.

The scrolling in the Stage 5's sea is way too fast slow it down more and make sure it goes in parallax scrolling (the closer the faster and the further the slowest)
Didn't realize that. Will fix.

Loved the new female sub-bosses at the Joecal's HQ building. Hope you're keeping the Rushing Beat story instead of the awful Rival Turf one.
We changed the story slightly. GlassJawBoxer is in the process of making new story cut scenes. Basically, We are turning Joecal into Lord J from the sequels. He looks similar and has some similar moves. I have no interest in the "I am your father plot" that has been overused. We plan on making all sequels tie-in together more closely. Instead of just the Jikas drug, the plot also ties into the cloning from Rushing Beat Ran. I think it makes sense, you basically fight hordes of clones anyway.  I need to find a translator for the scripts of the sequels so I can understand the plot better.

Did you get all my resources for the alt routes? I'm seriously looking forward to see them in action.
Yes, I did. I will add them in. I just want to finish the main game first. I think I might want to put a few more paths too. Not sure yet.

Thanks for the feedback and praise. It definitely helps keep me going. I came along way in 3 years.   

Offline Don Vecta

• H.U.N.T.E.R.
    • Streets of Rage Remake forum
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
If you have ideas of alternate route designs, lemme know and I'll design them for you.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e).

Offline daniel

« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
Amazing mob game!!! I cant stop playing!! ^^  ;D

Offline Joshiro

« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry, I've been going through many real life problems and had lost motivation for while. Still not finished but almost there. I'm waiting on GlassJaw to finish the intro and the ending. I see the engine has been updated with many new features but I'm not sure what they are or how to use them exactly. Here is an updated version of the mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jtjmsxrpbt9rp7a/AAA8cCgQONfAoacrXUxikH9Sa?dl=0

Offline kimono

« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2017, 05:50:00 AM »
Hi Joshiro, I finished the game and it crashed.

I tried a Kung fury remap on Norton but the shirt, jean and shoes share the same colors, as hair and skin.

The club in stage 2 is too slow to use it.

May I suggest you to add a bonus stage, this would be perfect:

Thanks for this release!

Offline nedflandeurse

• Peace
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
Joshiro, I tried it as well.
Everything is going well. I definitly like this project.

And I'm already hyped to see how the 2nd episode would be upgraded as well! in the future!
my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline Joshiro

« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2017, 12:10:19 AM »
Quote from: kimono
Hi Joshiro, I finished the game and it crashed.
It crashed because I don't have an ending right now.

I tried a Kung fury remap on Norton but the shirt, jean and shoes share the same colors, as hair and skin.
I didn't do really much color separation. I feel it's not worth it. I plan on having nice color separation when I eventually make the Rushing Beat Shura mod, since their sprites are are bigger and more detailed.

The club in stage 2 is too slow to use it.
Hmm I'll look into that. I purposely made it slow because it does so much damage.
May I suggest you to add a bonus stage, this would be perfect

I do plan on having a secret area to reference this. I didn't have a chance to work on it though.

Joshiro, I tried it as well.
Everything is going well. I definitly like this project.

And I'm already hyped to see how the 2nd episode would be upgraded as well! in the future!

Thank you. Feel free to give me feedback. Any feedback is appreciated. Yes, I have many ideas to make the next 2 sequels amazing. I'm going to need a translator to translate the Japanese from the orginal games though.

Offline kimono

« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
I managed to go to the warp room and here is what I extracted.

The android statue broke into pieces and transformed into a fleeing mouse.

I you have the spritesheets of Norton, I'll try a color replacement on him.

A latest small idea: why not having a npc follow Ozzie when we select Norton for a one player story, the same for an Ozzie choice?

Offline Joshiro

« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »
I see. Thanks for the sprites. I'm going to use them.

A latest small idea: why not having a npc follow Ozzie when we select Norton for a one player story, the same for an Ozzie choice?

Hmm I never thought about that. I wanted to make it old school and difficult like the original. I might consider something like that in the sequels. Thanks for the idea.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6634
  • Latest: dre10g
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47092
  • Total Topics: 3229
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0