Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 06:30:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Knights of the Round Revenge project

• 142 Replies

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

• I would like some assistance
Re: Knights of the Round Revenge project
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry if I haven't been active in the forum for a while because I was working on my Knights of the Round Revenge mod and fixing the animation errors that O Illusionista pointed out for me. And today, I added a fourth stage for Knights of the Round Revenge which reintroduces the return of the Buster Knights and my boy Balbars as the fourth stage's end boss. I also managed to fix the health bars of the boss characters including Garland, the boss of stage 3 and I also improved on the attack chain combos for Kojiro as well as giving him the ability to block like the tsubomi enemy character. Here's the stage preview if you want to check it out.

[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:51:46 PM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 04:09:21 PM »
Aaaannnd here he is folks! The vengeful samurai that will take out Arthur, Lancelot, Perceval, Mordred, and Meimei! Yes it's Mr. Muramasa my friends! Here's another stage preview of Knights of the Round Revenge and this time it takes place in a tavern where the samurai himself has caused a brawl to break loose in order to lure out king Arthur. Now he's going to be tough to beat because I increased his Aggression level to 75 which he attacks very fast and the enemy mooks comes to assist him on both sides, so beware! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this preview.

[/youtube]

Offline Miru

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
I think you should use one of the SBK tracks for this particular fight.
Here to sprite.

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »
You're right, I should've put on the tracks from sonic and the black knight for the fifth stage, but the reason I put the song needles from d&d stranger heroes dragon slayers on this said stage is to make the fight more serious. Let's think of it as a shit just got real type of music.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
Hey buddy, watch out for the different shadow types:

The player, the boss and the purple guy...all of them uses different type of shadows. This is something you should fix before you continue the game, because its less work to fix.
If you let it to be fixed in the end...believe me, you will regret that :)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2017, 11:03:32 PM »
So basically, the shadows underneath the dark elf and the main characters are supposed to be the same like muramasa's shadow, am I correct O Illusionista? I think you told me something about using the gfx shadow feature for the characters on Knights of the Round Revenge, something I keep on making a mistake of overlooking.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
Yes. Its better to remove the shadow which was made together with the sprite (the shadow between his legs) and use the gfxshadow (as you are using in Muramasa).
The Elf are using the normal BOR shadow + shadow which cames from the original sprites.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »
 Just FYI, Pierwolf (the guy who made Knights & Dragons mod) didn't remove original shadows from characters in that mod. That's why Muramasa (which we took from that mod) still has that shadow

So as Ilu suggested, you better remove the shadow manually. Don't worry, it's easy and quick work :)

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »
That finally makes sense to me now, thanks for giving me the heads up on the situation about the characters shadows shown in the game, I shall go ahead and fix them now.

Offline Kurisu

• Stronger than steel!
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
I'm using gfxshadow 1 for my mod. You should give it a try!
Making my first mod!

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »
Thanks to the advice that Bloodbane and O Illusionista has given, I erased the current shadows of the playable characters and enemy characters except Muramasa and Tsubomi (they both have gfx shadow for their text files.)and added the gfx shadow mechanic to all of them today. And the only reason why I couldn't see the gfx shadow for the playable characters at first is because they had the air only mechanic in each of their text files. But I managed to fix all of that, when I upload the next stage preview later on, you'll see the gfx shadow on all the character entities.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:27:23 PM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »
Yesterday on YouTube, I posted a gameplay preview of stage 6 for Knights of the Round Revenge. And O Illusionista gave me some good helpful tips when spawning some heavy armored characters on that said stage by using the FOLLOW3 animation scripts instead of having them fall from the sky which will be fixed after showcasing the video. And I also added another one of the ninjas Sasuke from captain commando and the buster Knights enemies riding horseback. Plus this stage has two bosses in the form of Ayame, a master Kunoichi acquainted with Muramasa, and Xiahou, a warrior monk who made the abandoned fortress in Solsbury Hill, England as his base. Please just sit back and enjoy watching the video. :)

[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:36:07 AM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline Jeremiah Cuff

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »
Sorry for uploading this video late, but here's part 2 of the stage 6 preview.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:03:24 PM by Jeremiah Cuff »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2017, 12:31:34 AM »
 That link is broken, the correct one is this:

BTW it looks odd if characters can walk over stairs on the right not to mention conflict with the throne there. I suggest using this panel below. It's tilable allowing you to control the length of the level ;)

Offline nedflandeurse

• I try to go well IRL
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »
Very nice!!
I really like this aidea of a giant monk.

Just 2 things make him clashing with the rest of the game out ouf the size of course.
-graphic style (not a major problem)
-Color type (your should try some color swap)
(ON HOLD) my game system. W.A. Project. (ON HOLD)

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6114
  • Latest: KaLiN
Stats
  • Total Posts: 44897
  • Total Topics: 3064
  • Online Today: 46
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4