Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 24, 2017, 12:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[WIP] Avengers United Battle Force

• 1732 Replies

Online Psykai

Re: [WIP] Avengers United Battle Force
« Reply #1725 on: March 16, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »
This is a split decision for me. I could ask to the spriter of those 4 characters if they let me use those chars on my game, even I hating to reuse characters from other mods (ZV's one, in this case). But I am deadly sure people will keep asking for them if I put GotG characters on the game. Its the same reason I haven't included Fantastic Four on the game yet.

Yeah I can definitely understand wanting your work to be as original as possible :) but I agree that a lot of people will want the GotG from the movie because they're more recognizable and more likely to be chosen to play compared with the originals in the comics. One of the main reasons I didn't like ZVitors versions of the characters though was their sprites and moves all looked kinda weird and awkward a lot of the time (especially Groot and Rocket who were so disappointing) so unless they were heavily edited and somehow given new moves, it probably would not be worth re-using them. Although having said that, I know most of Black Cat was taken from Mugen I thinkand yet she feels unique in your game so maybe it would work after all.

Ah so some palettes of Spider-woman will fly and some will use a vehicle? That sounds nifty :)

Do you think it would it be possible to have characters like Iron Man and Vision be able to fly backwards without turning around during the flying stage? Like maybe have one of the buttons that aren't used in the flying stage become a 'turn around' button instead? It would be nice to keep firing with Iron Man when moving backwards instead of facing the other way, but still being able to turn around as an option, just at a button press instead. Or was that intentional as a balance thing?

The Hawkeye and Brand updates sound useful :) I've sometimes wished I could scroll back through their ammunition. It's one of those small but convenient things.
♪♫Inhale... Exhale... I'm tired of it. I don't wanna breathe. I just wanna leave...♪♫

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #1726 on: March 16, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Although having said that, I know most of Black Cat was taken from Mugen I thinkand yet she feels unique in your game so maybe it would work after all.
In fact, no. Almos all sprites come from the same Arcade game ZVitor got the sprites too (I even use his running animation). There is only one move - the claw attack - which was edited from the Mugen version

Ah so some palettes of Spider-woman will fly and some will use a vehicle? That sounds nifty
Yeah. The same would work for underwater stage too.

Do you think it would it be possible to have characters like Iron Man and Vision be able to fly backwards without turning around during the flying stage? Like maybe have one of the buttons that aren't used in the flying stage become a 'turn around' button instead? It would be nice to keep firing with Iron Man when moving backwards instead of facing the other way, but still being able to turn around as an option, just at a button press instead. Or was that intentional as a balance thing?
It can be done, but it will can give me some trouble. I have to make some tests

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1727 on: March 17, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

This is possibly my only complain/suggestion for the fly stages! It's the only thing that makes it *not* perfect: they are not really turning around, they are just slowing down. If they do turn around then the movement speeds should reflect them keeping the momentum to go forward in the level (even the skycycles could have different speeds when going forward/backward).

But these are mostly bonus stages, I'm not holding my breath for any changes here. You've done more than enough to make them feel cool and special and fun.

Offline Uche

« Reply #1728 on: March 17, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »
Are there any plans for more obscure characters to be in the game?

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #1729 on: March 20, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Are there any plans for more obscure characters to be in the game?

You can be sure of that. I love obscure characters :)

Some few news of the next UPDATE:
======================================

- Finally I manage to set different sky cycles to Spider-Woman based on which mode she is using at the moment - Venom Mode (palettes 1, 2 and 3) or Web mode (palettes 4, 5 and 6)

-Each mode has some different moves, like freespecial, aerial freespecial, fly mode or not and Avenger Power (hyper move).
-I am finishing her attacks in sky cycle and she is done.

Some few news of the next RELEASE:
======================================

-A new boss will join: Sauron.

- Hercules (playable) and Ares (boss) sprites are done.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1730 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »
That Ares looks really cool!

Being a flying enemy, Sauron will be great! As for his portrait, I'd remove the hypnotic effect on his picture. Without the animation, looks like he is collecting Sonic's golden rings. ;)

(Hummm. maybe Green Hill Zone is actually the Savage Land, after Dr. Robotnik/Eggman took control of it...)

Online Psykai

« Reply #1731 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
I agree Sauron would look better without the rings in his intro picture :) We wanna see that beautiful beak, lol

Also, in his intro text, the first word is 'Kyle' instead of Karl like in the rest of it.

I forgot Hercules was going to be in this. He's looking good, and Ares looks awesome. One of the most visually intimidating bosses so far I think :)
♪♫Inhale... Exhale... I'm tired of it. I don't wanna breathe. I just wanna leave...♪♫

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #1732 on: March 21, 2017, 12:24:55 PM »
Some good news in the works.
I like this system of different moves based on palette selected. ;)
Still working on my game system. W.A. Project.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43464
  • Total Topics: 2961
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 24
Total: 28