Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 12:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[WIP] Avengers United Battle Force

• 1947 Replies

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
Re: [WIP] Avengers United Battle Force
« Reply #1725 on: March 16, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »
This is a split decision for me. I could ask to the spriter of those 4 characters if they let me use those chars on my game, even I hating to reuse characters from other mods (ZV's one, in this case). But I am deadly sure people will keep asking for them if I put GotG characters on the game. Its the same reason I haven't included Fantastic Four on the game yet.

Yeah I can definitely understand wanting your work to be as original as possible :) but I agree that a lot of people will want the GotG from the movie because they're more recognizable and more likely to be chosen to play compared with the originals in the comics. One of the main reasons I didn't like ZVitors versions of the characters though was their sprites and moves all looked kinda weird and awkward a lot of the time (especially Groot and Rocket who were so disappointing) so unless they were heavily edited and somehow given new moves, it probably would not be worth re-using them. Although having said that, I know most of Black Cat was taken from Mugen I thinkand yet she feels unique in your game so maybe it would work after all.

Ah so some palettes of Spider-woman will fly and some will use a vehicle? That sounds nifty :)

Do you think it would it be possible to have characters like Iron Man and Vision be able to fly backwards without turning around during the flying stage? Like maybe have one of the buttons that aren't used in the flying stage become a 'turn around' button instead? It would be nice to keep firing with Iron Man when moving backwards instead of facing the other way, but still being able to turn around as an option, just at a button press instead. Or was that intentional as a balance thing?

The Hawkeye and Brand updates sound useful :) I've sometimes wished I could scroll back through their ammunition. It's one of those small but convenient things.
"Muffin?"

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #1726 on: March 16, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Although having said that, I know most of Black Cat was taken from Mugen I thinkand yet she feels unique in your game so maybe it would work after all.
In fact, no. Almos all sprites come from the same Arcade game ZVitor got the sprites too (I even use his running animation). There is only one move - the claw attack - which was edited from the Mugen version

Ah so some palettes of Spider-woman will fly and some will use a vehicle? That sounds nifty
Yeah. The same would work for underwater stage too.

Do you think it would it be possible to have characters like Iron Man and Vision be able to fly backwards without turning around during the flying stage? Like maybe have one of the buttons that aren't used in the flying stage become a 'turn around' button instead? It would be nice to keep firing with Iron Man when moving backwards instead of facing the other way, but still being able to turn around as an option, just at a button press instead. Or was that intentional as a balance thing?
It can be done, but it will can give me some trouble. I have to make some tests

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1727 on: March 17, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

This is possibly my only complain/suggestion for the fly stages! It's the only thing that makes it *not* perfect: they are not really turning around, they are just slowing down. If they do turn around then the movement speeds should reflect them keeping the momentum to go forward in the level (even the skycycles could have different speeds when going forward/backward).

But these are mostly bonus stages, I'm not holding my breath for any changes here. You've done more than enough to make them feel cool and special and fun.

Offline Uche

« Reply #1728 on: March 17, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »
Are there any plans for more obscure characters to be in the game?

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1729 on: March 20, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Are there any plans for more obscure characters to be in the game?

You can be sure of that. I love obscure characters :)

Some few news of the next UPDATE:
======================================

- Finally I manage to set different sky cycles to Spider-Woman based on which mode she is using at the moment - Venom Mode (palettes 1, 2 and 3) or Web mode (palettes 4, 5 and 6)

-Each mode has some different moves, like freespecial, aerial freespecial, fly mode or not and Avenger Power (hyper move).
-I am finishing her attacks in sky cycle and she is done.

Some few news of the next RELEASE:
======================================

-A new boss will join: Sauron.

- Hercules (playable) and Ares (boss) sprites are done.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #1730 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »
That Ares looks really cool!

Being a flying enemy, Sauron will be great! As for his portrait, I'd remove the hypnotic effect on his picture. Without the animation, looks like he is collecting Sonic's golden rings. ;)

(Hummm. maybe Green Hill Zone is actually the Savage Land, after Dr. Robotnik/Eggman took control of it...)

Offline Psykai

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1731 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
I agree Sauron would look better without the rings in his intro picture :) We wanna see that beautiful beak, lol

Also, in his intro text, the first word is 'Kyle' instead of Karl like in the rest of it.

I forgot Hercules was going to be in this. He's looking good, and Ares looks awesome. One of the most visually intimidating bosses so far I think :)
"Muffin?"

Offline nedflandeurse

• Peace
« Reply #1732 on: March 21, 2017, 12:24:55 PM »
Some good news in the works.
I like this system of different moves based on palette selected. ;)
my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1733 on: March 25, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
Do you think it would it be possible to have characters like Iron Man and Vision be able to fly backwards without turning around during the flying stage? Like maybe have one of the buttons that aren't used in the flying stage become a 'turn around' button instead?
they are not really turning around, they are just slowing down. If they do turn around then the movement speeds should reflect them keeping the momentum to go forward in the level

Both can be done, but not both at the same time. Which one would be better?
A) TURN AROUND with a button
B) TURN AROUND WHILE KEEPING THE MOMENTUM
Keep in mind that not all chars will be able to do it (its intentional, to balance things).

I have just few news, because I am facing some very hard moments at my life:

Good news: Spider-woman is done, finally  :o

New animation - Low hit

This is an idea which is on my mind since ages - to make some attacks hit low, triggering new animations, kinda like in Final Fight.
After some tests, I managed to find a quick way to do this animation for some enemies :)

It's a tiny detail, but I like to include those things.

Also, a friend of mine is editing more frames to Colossus, and making this skin more metal-like:

Although Marvel made a big mess with characters sizes -  in comics and in games -, I think we managed to make it right:

(yeah, Hercules is way smaller than Hulk)

Wish me luck.
Thanks,

Offline Miru

« Reply #1734 on: March 26, 2017, 02:45:41 AM »
I prefer a rotate button. It could also function as a back-attack for some characters (mainly those in ships) and a homing dodge-behind the target for others.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:59:41 PM by Miru »
Here to sprite.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1735 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »
I am trying to simulate this - its kinda harder than I think. But I will make some tests.
If I succed, you will be able to turn around with the jump button (for some chars only).

Other news:
- Brand (gun mode) now walks faster. And I am thinking to add a back dash to give her more mobility.
- Beast can run faster too.

About Brand, since she can't block, would be good to give her a new weapon, capable of trap or block enemies?

Online elisf2

« Reply #1736 on: March 28, 2017, 12:37:23 AM »
Out of interest how will Hercules play what kind of moves will he have ? Also brand maybe could use like a heavy riot shield instead of a weapon it could also be used with a charge attack

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1737 on: March 28, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
Out of interest how will Hercules play what kind of moves will he have ? Also brand maybe could use like a heavy riot shield instead of a weapon it could also be used with a charge attack
It's not a bad idea, but she never used a shield on the comics. Plus, from where she would draw the shield?

About Hercules, he will be the main wrestler of the game. Lot of grab moves, with follow-ups and finishers. And almost as stronger as Hulk/Red Hulk (in comics, at the base level, they have the same strength).

Offline Adam hunter

« Reply #1738 on: March 28, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
Are there any sprites for Blade, Black panther and Blue Marvel?

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1739 on: March 28, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
Are there any sprites for Blade, Black panther and Blue Marvel?

Black Panther: yes. I was going to use the same sprites Zvitor used but I decided to use an MVC edit of him
Blue Marvel: No and I dunno if I will use him. He is too much unballanced for my taste.
Blade: I have no interest* in making him, sorry. MAYBE as NPC.

My interest depends of, first, if I like the character. If its a character I consider bad or "B", it have a high chance of not appearing on the game. Or, if it appears, it will be as NPC.
To say some names which will fall on this list, you can think in Luke Cage, Miss Marvel, She Hulk, Blade, Squirrel Girl, etc.

Unless someone take the role to edit the whole character - but I will still analyze to see if it worth the trouble. Chars that I hate, like Squirrel Girl, are totally out of question.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:29:26 PM by O Ilusionista »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47516
  • Total Topics: 3261
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 29