Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2017, 01:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DBZ Tournament

• 23 Replies

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
Re: DBZ Tournament
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 10:15:47 PM »
ok version 1.0 is released ! thanks for feedback thus far, ill keep working on game when I get the chance and look into the suggestion for branches etc to spice up story mode.

I would also like to include a VS mode. may be a bit tricky but if anyone wants to help let me know

Enjoy !

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:45:03 AM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529000/

see more of my games and projects at
www.thatcherproductions.org

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 06:51:31 AM »
I tried to make a play through video whilst playing game as Goku however the video quality is really bad :(

Hope you guys enjoy the video. Ill try and work out what went wrong and make more videos. Hope this showcases the gameplay strategy of the game.

&feature=youtu.be

Bad ass babes

Offline esn23

• Atlas
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
You should try to make some of those sound effects lower buddy it almost blew out my ears lol.. But the game looks fun reminds me of the DBZ Xenoverse game sorta.
WIPS

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
Thanks for checking out the vid. Wasnt sure what feedback id get as its very different from normal Openbor games so good to see at least one person thinks it looks fun.

yes sounds were a bit of a problem as they were initially too soft when i made them so tweaked volume, can always retweak and make softer if needed.

Yes gameplay is a bit like xenoverse in the sense that environments are big and you need to use strategy to fight and evade attacks. I really like budokai 3 on ps2 so wanted simplicity in commands but depth in gameplay.

If anyone can play game and provide hands on feedback it would help immensley, or a video so i can see what playstyles people adopt. At the moment im making tweaks and enhancements based on what i find when playtesting but a fresh set of eyes is always a good thing.

BTW I have added down, up and attack as another way of activating chargeattack as some people struggle with charge attacks on keyboards for some reason.

is there a way to do a air recover when in fall animation ? thatd be cool (maybe with 'cancel' feature ?)

Should dodging cost MP ? is that possible to impliment to a dodge ?

should reduced MP revert player back to normal version after they have transformed or is current set up fine ?

should matches have a timer ? if so how much ? is there a way to make it that when timer reaches zero you loose a life and have to restart that level.

as you can see this is not a beat em up game, but yet its not exactly a traditional fighter also. so what else can i incorporate into game for more flavour ?

if ki blasts hit each other i would like them to cancel each other out and have a explosion/collision effect. is that possible ? is there a way to also have stronger ki blasts not be cancelled by the smaller, weaker ones. (and if it is 2 strong attacks colliding i would like to have a cutscene play where you see a clip from show of two beams colliding struggling then exploding)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:58:16 AM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 05:16:52 AM »
Should dodging cost MP ? is that possible to impliment to a dodge ?

It's possible to implement but IMO dodge shouldn't cost anything. Even if player could dodge anything, it won't do much since player is required to defeat the opponent

should matches have a timer ? if so how much ? is there a way to make it that when timer reaches zero you loose a life and have to restart that level.

You should try yourself to see how much time you need to defeat each opponent.
 IMO matches shouldn't have timer cause it will limit player's creativity in making strategy to win each match
 If you still prefer timer, make another mode with time (make sure to measure required time first)

should reduced MP revert player back to normal version after they have transformed or is current set up fine ?

No, current set up is fine

so what else can i incorporate into game for more flavour ?

Hmmm... what about beating a group of weak enemies? or survive in meteor storm (meteors can be destroyed)?

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »
thanks bloodbane. Yeah i wanted to have weak opponents as filler like saibamen in story mode but you said before they were too awkward to hit, maybe they are fixed enough now? was thinking when you face Nappa they could be in level also bothering you (may be a bit too hard for second fight- so may have them appear as second stage and then nappa by himself for third. (have swapped out the first challenge level where you face saibamen forthis idea as a test) Cant think of any grunt enemies to add besides maybe some of friezas henchmen, seen some sprites online to build as a base- but itd be too much work for fodder

someone finally made a gameplay video :) he played as Goku as in my vid... but he has covered the other modes also

im going to study the video tonight so i can see what can be tweaked.

UPDATE: studied video. The player has a good strategy to avoid enemies and utilise certain attacks, im actually going to make game harder now :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:48:08 PM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes

Offline nedflandeurse

• I try to go well IRL
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »
This is really EPIC!!
Beautiful game!
I just don't like the US voices, but this is only my personal taste. ::)
(ON HOLD) my game system. W.A. Project. (ON HOLD)

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
updated game. double team mode has an extra stage and various minor tweaks.

love to see someone make a vid of double team mode with 2 players teaming up.

BTW the new official game  dragon ball fighterz game looks amazing !

I would love to incorporate a 2 player vs mode into this game. if anyone thinks they can manage this then please give me a hand.

thanks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:00:19 PM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes

Online nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 04:02:28 AM »
Ok have had to reupload game, theres been some odd AI issues I saw in a gameplay video where enemies just stood there and didn't attack back. could be the latest Openbor engine version I'm using.

Ive improved the AI of enemies also so should be more aggressive and have more random behaviour.

If someone play tests please let me know if you have a crash when closing the game. The error logs don't say what the cause is so I am unsure why its happening to me.

UPDATE: I have decided to just reupload game with an older version of Openbor engine... the latest compiled version that was made is too unstable and causing a variety of issues....

if anyone downloads game now it should be working as intended (if not let m eknow)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:30:20 PM by nsw25 »
Bad ass babes

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 44928
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 316