Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 01:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sprite glitch

• 3 Replies

Offline evasyar

Sprite glitch
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:28:56 AM »
I started playing around with an existing gamepak and I get this sprite glitching background color in-game. On the surface I am using the same background color as the source material and just adding the new DD Billy Lee idle sprite to replace the old idle sprite (cyan looking background color). I am looking at the other idle sprites in the collection and they look to be using the same background color but the one I was playing around with glitches like the pictured sample in attachment. As far as I know, I am just following the same pattern laid out in the game pak but this background color glitching thing is unexpected. I created that idle GIF under GIMP
Thanx in advance for help,
Ray
Do it! If you got the stones.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
Re: Sprite glitch
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:32:23 AM »
Two things:

- It's not the background color which should be the same, but the FIRST ENTRY (index 0) in the palette which should use the same color of the palette. If you open the image in PS, go to the color table. The top left is the transparent color.

- See if the character is using REMAP instead of ALTERNATEPAL. If so, change to ALTERNATEPAL. Remap is a pre-historic and outdated method.

Offline evasyar

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 01:42:25 AM »
Two things:

- It's not the background color which should be the same, but the FIRST ENTRY (index 0) in the palette which should use the same color of the palette. If you open the image in PS, go to the color table. The top left is the transparent color.

- See if the character is using REMAP instead of ALTERNATEPAL. If so, change to ALTERNATEPAL. Remap is a pre-historic and outdated method.

Thanx for the tips.
For #1 ->This is how I am looking at GIMP. Looks like that player folder has this color.gif file that seems to be color palette (the top of the picture). Do I match the color palette exactly as it is shown of that source? Or just the first one (index 0)?

For # 2 -> Yes, it is using remap so I changed it to alternatepal
Do it! If you got the stones.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:29:12 PM »
Look at the COLOR INDEX value on the image above. That color will be transparent. The RGB values doesn't care, the index is what counts.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48704
  • Total Topics: 3342
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online