Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2017, 04:40:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TMNT: Rescue-Palooza!

• 306 Replies

Offline Dan

Re: TMNT: Rescue-Palooza!
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2016, 01:46:52 AM »
Not really, no. I will have a generic Triceraton, though. Here's a mockup I made back in 2013. I'm not terribly happy with it and chances are I will tweak it some more.

Any chance you will use Captain Zorax the Triceraton leader from "Night of the Dark Turtle"?

Offline miguelo777

« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
i love the page 17 new works.

however... i must say i saw that leatherhead stage, a bit empty. would you add there some things for make it will looks more "alive"?.

for example?, maybe some leaves scatered on the ground... or some birds on the grass and woods.

and maybe, why not? even little swamps or puddles.

and well... if you wanted to up the details to the maximun (LOL) then add there too some fish or frogs inside these.

not all that will be so necessary, i know. ;)

i only said, that a forest could be a very interesting and a cute wild place stage...
(as i saw on many movies or tv programs).

apart, the enemies could also use these woods or any branches on the woods, for jump over you too.  ::)

but of course, say this is very easy. is up to you do it as your desires. ;)

ps:
----
that april makes me remenber... :P

a pity that i losed many of my older tmnt80 toys thanks to my mother... :P

anyway, i buyed a new toy for my collection just some weeks ago.  :D was that tmnt12 "mutagen man".

i buyed it, after saw the gaboticos work and see it on a shoping mall.  ;D.

is curious... even after i already watched the entire tmnt80 cartoon, i dint remenbered that this same char appeared on both tmnt80 and tmnt12 cartoons... :P

nevermind... the interesting thing here, is your both fangames. pretty well done the both. as i already said, this looks like a competition!.  8)

greetings
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:55:00 AM by miguelo777 »

Offline Lichtbringer

« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2016, 05:31:16 AM »
is curious... even after i already watched the entire tmnt80 cartoon, i dint remenbered that this same char appeared on both tmnt80 and tmnt12 cartoons... :P

The mutagen man appeared only for one episode in the tmnt80 cartoon where the turtles where able to turn him back into a Human in the end, in the tmnt12 cartoon he first appeared as Timothy a fan of the turtles who mad his own turtle costume, similar to Zach from the tmnt80 cartoon Timothy was later turned into the mutagen man, and becomes an antagonist for some time, and is later frozen by Don, because he was not able to to turn him back, and hopes to find a way at a later point.

Offline GaBoTiCo

• OpenBOR Rookie
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2016, 09:28:52 PM »
DAMN! I never noticed that screenshot with Leatherhead before! It looks GREAT!!!
W.I.P:

TMNT 8-bit: An 8-bit style game based "mostly" on TMNT2 for NES with "slightly" better graphics.

Download DEMO:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0q3ibi68mgfea4/TMNT%208-Bit%20R%20%26%20E%20%2809-16-2017%20demo%29%20%28OpenBOR%204086%29.zip?dl=0

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • >> I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME TIME <<
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
Man, this gets better and better each time you post something;
Keep the good work!

Offline mersox

« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
Thank you for the nice comments!

In that case, what makes Aska and Hothead special?
Miru, sorry for taking this long to reply to your question. The truth is that when I read it, it rubbed me the wrong way. To me, it came of as rude. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

I don't have a convincing argument as to why some characters are in the game, and why others are not. Just keep in mind that I am including over 45 playable characters in the game. The TMNT universe has more characters than that, so naturally, some of them will be left out.

My goal is to include characters that were in the original cartoon, as well as other media from that same period that was targeted at the same age group. I am aware that there are inconsistencies in the character selection criteria, but what can I say dude. It's a fangame.

That being said, the plan is fluid. I reserve the right to add Karai at a later date if I wish to do so, without having to explain myself.

Any chance you will use Captain Zorax the Triceraton leader from "Night of the Dark Turtle"?

Sort of. My plan is to make a generic Triceraton based on the toy, and he will be a boss along with other two Triceratons that will be recolors of that basic Triceraton. The colors will be based on the Triceratons from that episode... but because they will have a different outfit I don't know if you could say they're the same characters. But that's the plan now anyway.

i love the page 17 new works.

however... i must say i saw that leatherhead stage, a bit empty. would you add there some things for make it will looks more "alive"?.

for example?, maybe some leaves scatered on the ground... or some birds on the grass and woods.

and maybe, why not? even little swamps or puddles.

and well... if you wanted to up the details to the maximun (LOL) then add there too some fish or frogs inside these.

not all that will be so necessary, i know. ;)

i only said, that a forest could be a very interesting and a cute wild place stage...
(as i saw on many movies or tv programs).

apart, the enemies could also use these woods or any branches on the woods, for jump over you too.  ::)

but of course, say this is very easy. is up to you do it as your desires. ;)

ps:
----
that april makes me remenber... :P

a pity that i losed many of my older tmnt80 toys thanks to my mother... :P

anyway, i buyed a new toy for my collection just some weeks ago.  :D was that tmnt12 "mutagen man".

i buyed it, after saw the gaboticos work and see it on a shoping mall.  ;D.

nevermind... the interesting thing here, is your both fangames. pretty well done the both. as i already said, this looks like a competition!.  8)

greetings
I agree on the swamp stage. Right now I'm looking to replace it with a different background.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:43:41 PM by mersox »

Offline miguelo777

« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2016, 09:21:53 AM »
just one question guys, that zorax triceraton captain was the one from the tmnt 2003 episode who help the turtles due that he was like poisoned or something?

you know, an episode where the turtles was the help of a triceraton who thinks the turtles are part of their squadron.

that was a great episode, and was a pity the triceraton never ever could noticed they was the turtles because he died.

will be awesome an stage or some stages where the story will be that, an he could learn who are really their comrades and decide to join the turtles for his help. a decent happy ending to that character, you know... ;)

ps:
----
i watched the entire tmnt 80 and 2003 shows. where the 2003 give to me many problems due that some seassons never was aired on spain or any other place.

so without any subtitles, i was forced to watch they on english and see what i could understand on there... what it was surprising, cause i get lot of things!. hehe  ;D

however, the tmnt12 show... is not bad, but until these episodes i saw, after that kraang city invasion, i saw the show a bit boring. right?. not so exciting as tmnt80 or tmnt2003.

dont get me wrong... i love some things of that show. but it looks they only know how to copy/paste stories from previous tmnt shows, and that they now run out of fresh ideas. :P.

sure that you all know what i mean... the recent episodes that i watched was not so funny and interesting as i can expected. :P

greetings
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:31:43 AM by miguelo777 »

Offline miguelo777

« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »
guys, i only want to say that about mutagen man, i finally see one of this rare toys on a shopping mall. and i decided to buy it.  so now is part of my tmnt from all times toys collection. hehe ;)

cool desing. it remenbers me a lot other old movies as "the thing", or from those typical past horror movies. you know. ;)

zack is also an interesting hack to be playablre aswell by the way.

also, a lot of rare unseen characters are on the tv series. since relatives of krang (lol) to shredder mama (lol) to that baxter relative too.

sure that will be funny add one of those as a surprise on certain level that you dont expected. hehehe

beetwhen all they, i remenber that evil turtle don from a clon machine chapter. or those rare "older/senior turtles" from a future chapter too.

hehe. this tv series was sometimes rare and hillarious/stupid characters that you even dont expect to know. giving to the show a funny air sometimes... (shredder discussion with his mom was hillarious LOL)

ps:
----
oh! just one idea i was!... is one episode i liked a lot for be interesting.

the one where shredder took the rests of the foot clan leader or creator into a museum. and how the ghost of the foot clan old fundator, gives powers to the bad guys and make bebop and rocksteady ninjas for fight against the turtles. and the turtles fighting on the museum wih the ghost throwing things to they.

i remember the last part of the episode was hillarious... follow always the path of the hunble foot clan... and leave for me... the last portion of pizza... LOL

that is one good curious episode. just like that other on the archie comics, where mickelangelo entered on a world all made with pizza, and their pizza cityzens wanted to get mickey for revenge. hehehe ;)

both ideas could be fine for you both guys. with this rescue palooza or tmnt 8 bits gabotico too. ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:42:38 AM by miguelo777 »

Offline Dan

« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:22 AM »
just one question guys, that zorax triceraton captain was the one from the tmnt 2003 episode who help the turtles due that he was like poisoned or something?
No that was Zog.

Offline miguelo777

« Reply #279 on: July 06, 2016, 07:41:56 AM »
i see, interesting. ;)

about the tmnt 2012 tv series, it looks they took also the tmnt80 turtles. sure they did something much better as the fool tmnt 80 turtles seen on the tmnt2003 movie: "turtles forever".

have turtles from the different shows in the game (at least one of every different shows 2003 and nikelodeon 2012) should be super cool too.  ;D

maybe even from that tmnt 2003 chapter where turtles mostly are dead, and the rest lacks one arm (mikelangelo, etc). in one time where shredder almost destroyed the world.

this reminds me a lot to dragon ball z trunks future movie. isnt?

greetings

No that was Zog.

Offline mersox

« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »

Offline darknior

• OpenBOR Developer
  • Life is game, just play it
« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »
Thanks a lot :)

Offline toviciao

« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Thanks mersox, it's time to re-play it

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
congrats on update. I would suggest Leos spinning blade attack go longer and you add ability to move whilst performing the attack

put something like this in Leos text file at start of move

@script

void self       = getlocalvar("self");
   int pindex    = getentityproperty(self,"playerindex");
   void moveright    =  playerkeys(pindex, 0, "moveright");
   void moveleft    =  playerkeys(pindex, 0, "moveleft");
   void moveup    =  playerkeys(pindex, 0, "moveup");
   void movedown    =  playerkeys(pindex, 0, "movedown");

changeentityproperty(self, "velocity", 0,0,0);

if (moveright)
   {
   changeentityproperty(self, "velocity", 0.5,NULL(),NULL());