Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Punisher World Warzone (Alpha_1F)

• 47 Replies

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
Re: Punisher World Warzone (Alpha_1E)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »
Good news!
I hope to see new faces on it soon :)
Still working on my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »
I came for the mod, but I stayed for fat santa animation, lol

Offline ELECTRO

• VENGENCE!
    • Electro's Lair
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 07:36:47 PM »
This game is still in progress. The roster looks like this right now. I'll have another alpha update shortly into 2017. I'll be posting more info soon on what is in the next update.

Offline Miru

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
That's so nice! I wonder how the Blaze sprites were arcade-scaled...
Here to sprite.

Offline ELECTRO

• VENGENCE!
    • Electro's Lair
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 10:06:48 PM »
I've got Blaze scaled slightly above her normal sprites, but not much. Here is is what I have her CNS file as. Same as KunoIchi.

[xscale = 1.5           ;Horizontal scaling factor.
yscale = 1.2           ;Vertical scaling factor./color]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:10:09 PM by ELECTRO »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • Returning, slowly...
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 07:59:15 AM »
Nice to see this is still alive.

Offline Kurisu

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
Yay for Kunoichi.  ;D

Offline ELECTRO

• VENGENCE!
    • Electro's Lair
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:45 PM »
So Kunoichi is a good pick to add to the game. I thought that early on into the project to add her, while observing some Mugen wish lists. Trouble is limited the limited moveset I can get from the sprites, so this will take some clever manipulation of the sprites to convey authentic new moves. What are the new moves, I don't know. So far all I have is a sword lung for a special move. So I need Ideas for her. If not i'll just copy some Ibuki Capcom moves and tailor them to Kunoichi, which isn't that bad of an idea. Your Thoughts?

Offline Miru

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »
So Kunoichi is a good pick to add to the game. I thought that early on into the project to add her, while observing some Mugen wish lists. Trouble is limited the limited moveset I can get from the sprites, so this will take some clever manipulation of the sprites to convey authentic new moves. What are the new moves, I don't know. So far all I have is a sword lung for a special move. So I need Ideas for her. If not i'll just copy some Ibuki Capcom moves and tailor them to Kunoichi, which isn't that bad of an idea. Your Thoughts?

I guess TMNT TF has some good move ideas for her in their interpretations of the Turtles, like the power drill.

Shadow Yamato's moves would also be neat. I guess one could also use R.A.X.'s mechanical limbs for new robotic attacks for her.
Here to sprite.

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2016, 06:11:35 AM »
I would not recommand to use Yamamoto's poses as a reference. The sprites are OK, but the poses can look very rigid, hard to explain exactly. Until they are a little edited.

I'm glad to see Blaze in the roster.
What about her movelist? some of her mugen/openbor edits have very cool custom moves.
Would be nice to give her some more advanced grapple system ala SOR + some customs.

I like how the roster progresses.
good luck

BTW : IMO 16bits characters should not be scalled with mugen settings.
the free software rotsprite would make better results.
I recommand scalling all the sprites, then edit parts, frankensprite etc

Offline ELECTRO

• VENGENCE!
    • Electro's Lair
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2017, 11:14:56 PM »
Thanks for all the advice Nedflandeurse. I liked that Rotsprite program & have used it now for a few things. I probably won't be using it to resize some characters sprites because it would take to long to complete the game. Here is an Early look at Blaze. I got most of her basics completed, as well as a few specials. She is also the first character to introduce strikers.

Video (Blaze & Punisher Vs Cody & Haggar)  : https://youtu.be/orVVYkYbNXM

Video (Early look at Blaze) :
https://youtu.be/J4z9ByRyBec

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:27:31 AM by ELECTRO »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • Returning, slowly...
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »
Loved it! This reminds me of my old and defunct project Capcom Classic Clash, but way better :)
If you want, you can use my Captain Commando http://brazilmugenteam.com/chars-2/chars-ilusionista/classic-captain-commando/

I have just few points about this:

- The vertical follow (its other thing, but I can't remember the name right now) of the subway stage is too strong, Don't make the camera follow the players that fast, because you will make players dizzy (as I got). See how they did in MVC1 - the camera will follow you just if you too near of the top border, and not in normal jumps.

- In the same stage, why only the players have shadows, and not the npcs? And why Damd has a different shadow?

- The zoom in the Haggar video is too strong.

Loved what you make with the water!

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 08:44:40 AM »
I like the fact you used SOR2 Blaze.
SOR1 and SOR3 Blaze are kind of overused even if I like them as well.

The scalling seems OK, you're right, no need to rotsprite them :)

About Blaze gameplay, she seems a little risky-unsure Somewhat jumpy.
IDK how to explain it but her special move seems unsafe an the normal moves strangely calibrated. Not sure, I'll wait to see more!
Anyway, again I'm glad it will not be a compilation of all the regular standard heroes : Cody+Axel+Ryu+Kyo...

Good luck, Keep it up! :)

Offline ELECTRO

• VENGENCE!
    • Electro's Lair
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 02:04:56 PM »
WoW Thanks .:O:. for letting me use Cap! That will save me a lot of time. I also like the points you brought up & respect the feedback. I didn't make the Subway stage, it was made by SamusAran78. I might go into the stage and change those shadows now that you've pointed it out. Vertical follow is now fixed & i'll look at the zoom on the other stage. I think I zoomed like that to try and show as much of the screen as quickly as possible because of all the army men surrounding the players. I'll play around with it as well and see if I can get some better results.

@nedflandeurse Luckily I planned ahead better with Blaze than the other characters & all her sprites from all 3 games are on the same sprite sheet and palette. So if I ever plan to add those sprites as an alternate costume it should be easy. All the characters are at their most basic point right now with walking, kicking and a few moves. I haven't really started to get in there and pan for gold yet. Plus my AI is pretty bad & her flip attack was firing to much. This weekend the update will be released and i'm eager to hear what you think, once you've had a chance to play around with her.

Lastly, I've decided to drop Pretty Boy from the roster until he's more complete. I want to put the game up on my website since it's far enough along in development that it doesn't feel like a complete mess anymore. Pretty Boy is messing that up & making the game look ugly LoL.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:06:56 PM by ELECTRO »

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
OK, good luck anyway!
I'm sure you will do an awesome job!

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5410
  • Latest: G-Ziss
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42254
  • Total Topics: 2892
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2