Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2017, 12:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Marvel Infinity War

• 60 Replies

Offline Psykai

Re: Marvel Infinity War
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »
I agree with all of Illu's points :) Pretty spot on description, especially with being surrounded and killed frequently. It's difficult to run away from the enemies without being knocked down, which gives them chance to surround you again. With Groot, I got stuck in his pain animation because they all ganged up on him and I couldn't move.

Also, the final boss pretty much one-hit kills you because his punch knocks you all the way across the screen and straight off the platform, resulting in instant death. Without infinite credits, he seems impossible. After killing all his clones, it took forever to take him down and it seemed like he was regenerating health at times. I couldn't figure out what triggered it or why it was taking so long, and all the while he was one-hitting me off the platform so I just bled lives. Did I miss some kind of patterns or strategy with him?

Yeah I noticed a few differences in First Alliance route too. Some bosses were missing and seemed to be replaced with a wave of enemies instead, and not being able to change character of course as Illu mentioned.

Offline ZVitor

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
thanks for feedback guys.

- change hero on first alliance route:
like i discovered, allow select have a character limit, thats reason why i cant add a select screen between stages to select 76 chars.

-about change buttons to play better on android, i can do it on future, but will be something really slow to do becuse i will need to change all commands and cancels with A3 on chars, right?

- about final boss, usually is hard when we fight him first time, after somes attempts is not that hard, we learn to identify real one, and stay away of edges.

- about credits on story mode, i split chars on team (because engine have a limit on allow select like i said before, so if i enable more credits, it may allow to have a x-men on avengers path, if you die, because all heroes are loaded at memory, .... so i can incress more lifes, but will not add credits.

- npcs on xavier are really unballanced, will take care of it, and change branch position to return to begin of xavier mission if die, not map select.

- that cerebro boring start need a change, maybe do it more quick and jump to next level without select char.

- about somes chars be better then others, will wait for more and more feedbacks to plan which changes i will do.

- about 6 buttons, well.... 90% of videos on youtube, and my kids, dont uses hadoukens, or down, down, attack.... after some time playing i can say i preffer it this way, even on keyboard..... and 99% ignore how to play, i belive only who saw it here, was ilusionist. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:47:12 PM by ZVitor »

Online Miru

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »
thanks for feedback guys.

- change hero on first alliance route:
like i discovered, allow select have a character limit, thats reason why i cant add a select screen between stages to select 76 chars.

-about change buttons to play better on android, i can do it on future, but will be something really slow to do becuse i will need to change all commands and cancels with A3 on chars, right?

- about final boss, usually is hard when we fight him first time, after somes attempts is not that hard, we learn to identify real one, and stay away of edges.

- about credits on story mode, i split chars on team (because engine have a limit on allow select like i said before, so if i enable more credits, it may allow to have a x-men on avengers path, if you die, because all heroes are loaded at memory, .... so i can incress more lifes, but will not add credits.

- npcs on xavier are really unballanced, will take care of it, and change branch position to return to begin of xavier mission if die, not map select.

- that cerebro boring start need a change, maybe do it more quick and jump to next level without select char.

- about somes chars be better then others, will wait for more and more feedbacks to plan which changes i will do.

- about 6 buttons, well.... 90% of videos on youtube, and my kids, dont uses hadoukens, or down, down, attack.... after some time playing i can say i preffer it this way, even on keyboard..... and 99% ignore how to play, i belive only who saw it here, was ilusionist. :)

What about the missing MFA bosses and inconsistent music? Overall, the Avenger section really does feel like a repurposed bonus chapter... (stupid Frost Giants...)

Btw, I liked the CPS-2 music used in the game.
Here to sprite.

Offline ZVitor

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 05:18:04 PM »
What about the missing MFA bosses and inconsistent music? Overall, the Avenger section really does feel like a repurposed bonus chapter... (stupid Frost Giants...)

Btw, I liked the CPS-2 music used in the game.
i already said to you before, ... i like that songs, thats why i pick that songs to be there. sounds fine to me.
removed sub-bosses which became playable to not have clone fights,
didnt removed red skull and carnage because remove boss of stages is more hard and need someone to replace.

Offline Psykai

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »
I'm getting used to the buttons now, so that's good, and most of the bosses that got removed from MFA Route were annoying anyway so I'm glad I don't have to fight them anymore, haha XD I'm sure I'll figure the boss of story mode out eventually, and with unlimited credits it takes some of the stress away anyway. It just becomes tedious fighting him for so long, lol.

My main game-breaking issue is the enemies ganging up on you. Once again whilst playing as Groot, I got trapped in a corner with like 8-10 enemies surrounding me and just hitting and juggling me constantly. I couldn't move away from them or use any of my attacks to break out of it because I was constantly in the pain animation from being hit back and forth from all angles. Someone might as well just come take the controller out of my hands since there's just nothing you can do. This might affect some characters (like Groot with bigger hit boxes) more than others but either way it makes the game completely unplayable and just not fun at all, even WITH unlimited credits. This problem was not as bad as this in First Alliance 2 but somehow the issue is also in the MFA Route (the one I was just playing Groot on) too as well as the main story and presumably will exist in the other modes too. I don't know if it's the number of enemies that is the problem or if their AI has changed, but either way if it isn't fixed then I'm just not going to play. It's one thing to have challenge, but not if the challenge is being trapped in a corner or in a circle of enemies and having zero control or way out of it other than to wait until your health runs out :( I don't mean to sound harsh, but my patience is just wearing really thin with this kind of thing now.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »
I don't mind the new controls since it works for me in favor doing the street fighter type moves you see in most mods. The  story mode is fine but it can be tweak to lessen the enemy count to like 4 or 5. Also the special moves using more MP is probably a better choice for characters use energy or ballistic attacks like Cyclops Surfer Doctor Strange since I see those as range damaging type where as hulk wolverine are brawler up and in your face type.

The Magus final boss was hard but I figure a pattern for to dish out damage and stay away from the edges by running in a zig zag pattern instead of direct contact.
Beat'em Up's will live on forever..............

Offline D@rin

• Kurono Kurasshu
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 08:15:18 PM »
I'm very sad.
There's no way to download this game. the link on author's  site is unbearable, too slow. And the gamejolt link simply don't work. Tried four different browsers with no results. Tried just for test to download any game from gamejolt, more MB in size. it worked okay. The site is indicating to me the download will be finished in 4 hours; I have a 10MB internet connection not too good but no trash at all. I give up for now.
I will try this amazing game in this weekend,

Offline ZVitor

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 04:11:31 AM »
I'm very sad.
There's no way to download this game. the link on author's  site is unbearable, too slow. And the gamejolt link simply don't work. Tried four different browsers with no results. Tried just for test to download any game from gamejolt, more MB in size. it worked okay. The site is indicating to me the download will be finished in 4 hours; I have a 10MB internet connection not too good but no trash at all. I give up for now.
I will try this amazing game in this weekend,
http://gamejolt.com/games/marvel-infinity-war/201435

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »
Hey guys, long time no posting, but always lurking. ;)

Well, I love the game, as I thought I would. The buttons take some time getting used to. For the people complaining about too many buttons, remember that SNES also used 6 buttons (8 if you count Select and Start). I still haven't succesfuly found a way to change the buttons placement on android (via "touch.txt" damn, that thing is hard to configure!) so I'm only playing on my laptop (also, huge loading times are a big turn off on android for me). I do believe the experience would be better with a controller.

I love how you can chain attacks and specials into combos, juggling enemies (though I think you could reduce the number of juggles you can do so it feels a little less cheap).

I think the number of characters is the highest point of the game. This is a game for COMIC FANS first, and Gamers second. We, comic fans, get crazy happy just to see a single sprite of a character (we WILL wait 30 minutes in a theater to see a 30 second after credits scene). It doesn't matter if it's optimized or if it doesn't add anything new or different to the game, as long as there are tons of characters and cameos. It's different from Ilusionista's game (in my opinion) who seems concerned much more with gameplay than adding characters to please fans - his game is for GAMERS first, Comic fans second. No matter how much perfection he brings into the code,  there will always be the "where's spiderman?" chorus from the comic book fans.

I still have many many many characters to play, but here are some general issues in my opinion:

1) Yes, characters are unbalanced. Not just because some are supposed to be better than others (like Hulk vs Jubilee), but some play much better, specially the new ones, probably because they were created with the new system in mind. Some characters received good updates, but a lot haven't. In any case, if you choose the "right" characters, you can finish a stage with 5 lives. But people feel penalized if they can't play with their favorite characters. I know char select is the "choose difficulty" option: Wolverine=easy, Emma=hard. Even so, it feels bad. 

2) The new air/run attacks that use the "weak" and usually non-knockdown attacks, while the air/run specials which do knock enemies down cost MP. This forces you to spam them, preventing access to the ultra move (which is the best "break away" move). You could add up to 50-70% more MP to all character without changing the MP cost of any moves, so you still can't spam ultras, but can use specials more times.

3) It's my opinion that every character in a beatemup should have two jump attacks: the main (attack) that knocks enemies downs, and a (down+attack) just hits and sets them up for a combo. None of these should cost MP. A lot of games are like that and it's something that I think works very well to control mobs. An air special should be something else, like diving attack or a shooting a projectile mid air. There's a really big difference between Dr. Strange's and Storm's air specials right now.

4) the number of enemies on screen is way too high. Specially shooters! Breaking away and keeping enemies on the ground would make it much easier to control the battlefield, but it's much harder to do it now, because of what I said on earlier. Also, there isn't a clear progression of difficulty: stages can already start with a lot of enemies, something you'd expect on later levels, near the boss. In my opinion, you should begin fighting fewer and weaker enemies on the first levels, and later you start encountering one or two bigger badder foes, until later you have to deal with a group of them. I don't know if it's possible to increase the number of enemies in a group according to the number of players, but that would be the best thing ever.

5) X-Npcs are very unbalanced and Xavier dies too easily and you have to restart everything. Good to know you plan on changing that. (please make the big sentinel arrives from the right side, because while you move forward, Xavier usually stays behind). This shouldn't be a hard stage - should be more like a bonus stage. Though it's a great idea to use the npcs, I can understand people finding it strange that they don't have jumps, and blocks and etc. You can't say they aren't real fighters, because Bishop and Domino aren't exactly noobs, while Jubilee is a full character.

6) I know it's an openbor thing, but it's unclear that you can restart the game and keep your unlocked stages/gems when you die. Nothing to do about it, I think.

7) Suggestion: Using Infinite Continues cheat on Story Mode breaks it, but Infinite Lives doesn't. So maybe add this to the "how to play" as a "secret" - cheating is something Deadpool would definitely teach. ;)

8) Suggestion: Instead of increasing the starting number of lives, increase the number of lives found on stage hiding them on secret places and perhaps more Stan Lee cameos (by the way, he should stay on screen instead of disappearing as soon as you hit him so it doesn't seem you actually killed him!). Or maybe items that give a lot of points so you can gain lives faster.

9) Suggestion: allow both buttons and combination inputs. I've done that on MFA2, just by placing a couple of comands at the start of the characters txt, something like "com F F A2 freespecial3" "com D U A3 freespecial4" or whatever syntax works. This will please your kids and allow grognards to use their hadoukens interchangeably.

10) Suggestion: increase jump height for all characters, not just because of plataform levels, but to help dodge bullets. Speaking of jumps, now all characters can change direction mid air which is ok, but they shouldn't do that during a dive attack, like X23 and others do.

11) Suggestion: Stryfe's run. Oh My God. Kill it! Pleeeeeaaase! (the jump animation has a nice enough sprite for a "levitation" move if you change the cape)

Overall, I'm very happy with the game!

Offline nedflandeurse

• *NOW LOADING*
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
I like this game for a lot of reasons and the roster is very good!

But few things bugs me a bit (not finished the game yet)
Some characters cannot grab at all or have very limited moves :/
Some of the ultra moves are not that impressive (looks like a a special move sometimes)
There is a lot of enemies (punks) to beat, particularly when facing a boss.
The stages with non-regular heroes can be very long and repetive.
I f*cked my savefile with a loading after having restarted 4 times from the 1st level (I'll take a break on it before to take it on again)
Still working on my game system. W.A. Project.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Global Moderator
  • Returning, slowly...
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »
It's different from Ilusionista's game (in my opinion) who seems concerned much more with gameplay than adding characters to please fans - his game is for GAMERS first, Comic fans second. No matter how much perfection he brings into the code,  there will always be the "where's spiderman?" chorus from the comic book fans.
I agree more or less with you, but yeah, maybe I focused more in GAMERS than COMIC FANS. But my ultimate goal is to people have FUN with the game (with a bit of rage, lol).
About the Spiderman, for the love of *insert your God here*...you can't imagine HOW MUCH messages I got asking "WHERE IS SPIDERMAN". I almost cut him from the game thanks to that, lol.

I agree with Beto's points, specially the 9. Also, about jumping, is something I do want to change on my game too: you could make smaller bbox, so jumping players aren't so easily targeted by on ground attacks (for example, its a common sense that jumping players should not be hit by low attacks like sweeps, for example).

I have a suggestion: you can reuse all characters ATTACK4 as a RISEATTACK, just removing the BBOX (so they are invincible) and making the attack unguardable. So you can "clean" the are where you are lying down when there are too many enemies.

Some other feedback I got today (always from Android port):
- Laufrey (its the right name?) attack hits both front and behind him. If you try to do a runattack or runjumpattack, you will hit him...but the axe will hit you once you are behind him.
- In Russia stage, some of those granade tosser (after you beat Omega Red) got stuck on the screen edge - trying to walk, but stuck on place.

Offline The Rain

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
I like this game for a lot of reasons and the roster is very good!

But few things bugs me a bit (not finished the game yet)
Some characters cannot grab at all or have very limited moves :/
Some of the ultra moves are not that impressive (looks like a a special move sometimes)
There is a lot of enemies (punks) to beat, particularly when facing a boss.
The stages with non-regular heroes can be very long and repetive.
I f*cked my savefile with a loading after having restarted 4 times from the 1st level (I'll take a break on it before to take it on again)

I enjoyed the game a lot as I was looking forward to it for some time. I think certain characters lacking grabs was intentional based on the characters power i.e. Storm isn't physically going to be throwing people around so more or less characters lacking super strength lack throws. I didnt mind all the punks just made it challenging but I understand how that could be annoying to some. Plus it was cool to add all the characters people love to the game never got to play as rocket raccoon before. so I enjoyed it a lot

Offline Psykai

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
I can't imagine why anybody would want to watch a 2 and a half hour video, but for anyone who enjoys beat 'em up gameplays, here's my playthrough of Infinity War: 

Sorry I suck so bad.

There's a few pauses where I had to take a break to eat and stuff, but I cut the lengthy ones out.

Offline nsw25

• Thatcher Productions
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »
skimmed through that play through video.

the ending is a bit weak. id suggest adding more to it. and character specific additional endings will be a nice touch.

Offline ZVitor

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 04:20:48 AM »
Thanks for feedback guy, didnt covered all yet, but did some easy fixes.

- change spawn position of klaw and big sentinel on mansion
- removed invencibility from almost all bosses
- added new hulk grab special
- fixed how to play position
- reduced musics size (thanks ilusionist)
- added more range to SW basics
- removed Stryfe run anim
- reduced amount of enemys on cerebro room, and removed select char between cerebro and corridor.
- incressed delay time of somes shoters
- incressed damage of npc-players: banshee, strong guy and shatterstar
- more time to x23 counter
- if fail at xavier, you must repeat this level instead return to map pick
- one more pallet to hellfire guards

download:
http://www.zvitor.com.br/projeto/mfa3.html

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42289
  • Total Topics: 2893