Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2017, 04:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Airgallet Fighters Wing

• 24 Replies

kyo83

Re: Airgallet Fighters Wing
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
Here's my feedback on this:

- The player gets hit 3 times to die to lose 1 life.
- Like what nsw25 mentioned about the intro, the timing is fast and the dialogue, I don't have anything to say about it but I understand you have problem choosing words. If there was a Spanish language like you did with your previous mods, I hope someone who speaks Spanish can translate your story for the conversation for you on this mod. (Oh please if there's somebody to help translate the lines in his mods.)
- This demo seems easier than Hyper Duel.
- I accidently went to that giant white plane in the last part of level 2 or 3 and died losing my last life. When I was about to continue to start after using the character, it crashed. I believe it must be the engine problem.
- While holding up when shooting, the player shoots fast with plenty fires, and it seems okay to me. However, while holding down when shooting, it fires little faster but slower control of speed of fire than the one with moving up.

-special move is pointless and drains health
That's not health bar that's drained. That's an MP.

hello maxman  :D, specify that the mission 1 is very easy to complete, the difficulty increases each mission you complete, but it is also on the aircraft you decided, each aircraft has a difficulty, and you will play harder, depending  aircraft you decided, the plane of kazama is to spend the game nivel easy, but the other's aircraft  more difficult or impossible, because some planes will be more fast while others are slow, their attacks will be lethal and others will not. greetings  ;)

kyo83

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
Hi kyo, welcome back!  ;D

hehehe  ;D  I'm Glad That ye may remember me,  i'm happy , are great guys  ;D grertings bloodbane  ;D

kyo83

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
Welcome back, Kyo!

I tried this demo. I liked it.

The Good
-Enemies have some kind of a flight and shot pattern; so there's actual AI here as opposed to standard BOR enemies pretending to be shmup enemies.
-Dodge mechanic is a neat touch.
-Enemy death animations are solid and give the game a polished feel.

The Bad
-The stages can be too long, so you may either want to introduce enemies faster or reduce the amount of enemy groups.
-Dodge mechanic takes too much MP, in my opinion. It should be a regularly used tactic, and not just an emergency escape. This is because...
-Dodge mechanic has too slow of a startup time. The Dodge button is one that should be used when the player is in a "panic" state; ie, when the player is trapped and can't go anywhere. But instead, it takes a few seconds to dodge, and the player gets hit anyways. If players are expected to have the time to plan out their dodges, they may as well just move out of the way naturally. A bbox 0 should be present in the very first frame of the dodge, and maybe the animation should be faster.

The Rest
-And as for the bad english? I don't think it's too egregious; in fact it kinda lends to the charm of the whole thing, in a Zero Wing kind of way.
-There's some image clipping on the very bottom of the third stage. May want to fix that.

hello nikip, is that I really like shooter game and lengthen the stages, because it lasts over the life of the game, ami amuses me much, other than enjoying the quality of the levels, the soundtrack helps a lot , encourages and entertains you, that's my intention to lengthen the stages hehe  :P greetings

kyo83

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
Nice mod kyo83 thanks a lot, are you still going to work on your other kyo mod?

hello ^^ when it recovers the mod the return of kyo, it will finish if,  virus  spoiling me the pc  :'( greetings

kyo83

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
 :) hello  from Friday until Monday been with my girlfriend at home,  :P  I now answer your questions and doubts, hehe greetings  ;)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
 I've tried the demo and I must say presentation looks good! Although I can see clearly that you edited Hyper Duel to make this mod, it's nice start. You just need to update here and that (see below)

I agree about language in cutscene. Though I suggest you change the whole dialogues too cause it sounds less convincing IMO

Gameplay suggestions:
1. Don't start a level with enemies already in playing field or rather playing skies. Give some delay before 1st set of enemies appears. This is to give some time for players to test their ship, shoot and special oh I noticed that players start from a carrier, it would great if there are no enemies while player takes off from carrier
2. I don't think giving danger sign to show the coming of enemy planes is good idea cause they hardly a threat. Moreover, there are no danger sign for enemies coming from behind and in latter levels so it's inconsistent IMO
 My suggestion is to show danger sign ONLY to something really dangerous such as incoming laser beam, missiles or air mines which can only be avoided
3. You should set subject_to_minz 0 and subject_to_maxz 0 to enemy planes so they won't be obstructed by level 'borders'. This also solves 2 bugs
a. some planes which comes from 'back' get pushed 'inside' after flying in.
b. Big planes can't leave screen when they 'die'
4. You need to have enemy variations, most if not all enemy planes in this demo only flies in with same speed then shoot at player. In original shooter game like this, it's common to see planes which only flies in group then leave without shooting, just an example
5. You need to have more variations in enemy groups. Usually shooter game like this have this: 1st set of enemies are weak and small planes then couple seconds later a medium sized plane appear and shoot three way. You should have something like this too
6. You should just set nopain in every enemy you have including tanks and boats. I don't like to see them stop shooting and stop moving a bit when they are shot

I have scripts to update this mod if you are interested :)

About the levels, I agree with NickyP, that it is too long especially with lack of variation it gets boring too quick

You know, if you know how to play with bglayers and timing, you could combine all 4 levels into 1 level :D.

kyo83

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
  :) hello I added the special attack and runattack for player ;)
fixed enemys , fixed errors  :P  view images sprites specia lattack and runattack:

greetings  ;D

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 03:07:40 AM »
 There would be runatack?
 IMO this game doesn't need runattack. You should make use of extra buttons instead.

Offline darknior

• OpenBOR Developer
  • Life is game, just play it
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 03:50:15 AM »
so excellent ... thanks for this demo :)

Offline kimono

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »
I like your demo. Is it the latest one in your first post?
The special attack seems to be disabled and there's no runattack here.
Keep up the good work!  ;)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 46506
  • Total Topics: 3186
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 316
  • (January 04, 2013, 09:43:02 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 20