• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Shadows of Death

Complete Shadows of Death 1.2

No permission to download
Project is completed.
kimono
I am sorry for this but the game doesn't work with OpenBor even the new version, I tested your game in two MorphOS machines with results differents and strange for example in my MacMini the game start in green as the classic Amstrad green monitor and also the game when you kills to enemies in the first screen, no change to next screen or when your charapter die appear the death screen and close the game.

Well, already I can play to this game under MorphOS, BeWorld has been working in a special version of OpenBor to play it, thank you very much to both, the game creator and the OpenBor port.

Hi Mardak, I'm sorry that you are experimenting some problems with this Amiga port. I'm still working on this game, correcting some flaws and bringing some new alternate routes and content.

You can always post your error if you have one in the Openborlog.txt and I can try to fix it for the next release  ;).

Hi kimono,
You don't worry, the problem is because SDL library still is in process to imporovent by BeWorld, the problem of operetive system minority without great development teams and companies, you have make yourself the libraries and this is the case a big work for BeWorld in time and test and error to make the SDL library and the OpenBor too.
But now the version and the solution of BeWorld is good, the problem in these cases is that we are little people in MorphOS testing the OpenBor games and less making the ports.
Thank you for your game a Amstrad CPC mordern game although in MorphOS vwe have the best CPC emulator for computers.

Hi, I'm using the "next" command only after the last stage. Is there a way to change stage 1 complete to final stage complete or simply stage complete?

Got here to check the game's custom weapon system and ended up checking the whole thing and I really liked it.

I think the SFII minigame surprised me the most, even though I kept hitting on the arcade cabinet by accident all the time in the middle of the fight. And I really thought it might give the player an option to quit it and get back to the main action without actually playing the minigame. Well, anyway, thanks to it I got a lot of coins to spend in the shop, which is another highlight. The scene in which Billy rides his car over the lord of darkness himself is also amazing.

As Nickokapo said, Shadows of Death looks really great and truly faithful to the spirit of the 8-bit era in almost every aspect!

Congratulations for your work and thanks for sharing, man! 💀💀💀

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to DL the last version of this project.
Any information. I think the last I tried was many months ago. ^^;

@Dr.Cranium: Thanks for your review. There will be more working arcade cabinet in a next update in 2022 ;) . Shadows of Death is a tribute to to arcade and CPC games :) .
@nedflandeurse: You can try this new version if you wish:
266698143_960681931519766_8468702258099390508_n.jpg

Shadows of Death gets an 1.1 update:
Additions:
- 4 cinema stages and a cinema room select (thanks @Bloodbane for the script :) )
- 4 songs (all songs are now in stereo)
- Lots of new sfx (home screen and in-game)
- 7 monsters (Shadowlilslab, Shadowgremlim, Shadowstripe, Shadowt800, Shadowt1000, Shadowghost, Shadowpuft)
- 1 npc support giving items (Santa)
- 1 Monster Book available in the training stage
- 2 cutscenes (cinema and Ryu loses)

Improvements:
- How to play lasts longer and has one more moveset (Dash / Backdash)
- The store is reorganized and realigned
- The final counter is revised

Corrections:
- The shuriken weapon takes into account the number of remaining shuriken ammos when it falls to the ground
- SF2Mini characters have 30pv each
- Ryu and Guile's projectiles cancel each other out
- The choice of alternative routes to stage 4 now works correctly
- Shadowjaws have been replaced by Lilshadows (but they will come back in future other levels;))

The new general map:
lvJ3R7r.png

Have fun testing this new version :D . @dai92 : Can you make a full playthrough of this game please? Tip: If you hit and break the hydrant at stage 5, a secret door will open to the bonus stage :) .

Last edited:
linked discussion with download page

@kimono could you upload your game here instead of an external link and add some screenshots/video to the overview. Thanks

Done it for you, feel free to edit screenshots or video at your choosing.

Last edited:
@danno: Hi danno, could you just show me how can I download at the ChronoCrash forum this archive? Should I upload the both versions (open source and pak) or the pak is enough?
I will post some ingame screenshots and I'm waiting for the latest playthrough too :) .
Edit: Thank you, I will update the video as soon as I get a new one ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Kratus 😊. I wish that you will continue to work with Openbor; this is a marvelous engine to develop all sorts of 2d gameplays, even some RPG parts.

Thanks Kratus 😊. I wish that you will continue to work with Openbor; this is a marvelous engine to develop all sorts of 2d gameplays, even some RPG parts.
Yes, I love OpenBOR. For me, it's an unbeatable game engine for 2d content.
The only thing I really want is a good level design program. I'm planning to create it myself futurely.

That's a fantastic news because it's always difficult for me to set platforms for example. With a good editor, it could so much more easier 😊.

I tried the update!
This is really pleasing to play!
Even if I'm usually used to jump and grab "a lot" in beat em ups, I really enjyed it.
The classic feeling is awesome...
Many kind of easter eggs, particularly in the songs... (even one from a french song - ?? sot sure) EDIT : La dernière Séance Eddy Mitchell (lol) (d*mn, I just understood the link with theater :D )
My only "strange" part is the presence of high quality voices ingame. (They ARE good) But an option to choose high quality voices or compressed-like-something voices would be nice. (Just a suggestion that can be inplemented in the game when finished and all the assets + sounds ready)

Last edited:
Thanks ned for your review and I'm glad that you enjoyed playing the whole game. I can say that the game is finished but we try extend his lore a little more so there will some others stages, enemies and new gameplay soon :).
Speaking of the voices, I'm afraid of not understanding anything if I compress them, I need to make some tests.
There are other easter eggs like 4 hidden feathers that give you +2hp max each do you think that you can find them? A hidden bonus stage is available too.

Back
Top Bottom