• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Castlevania LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition

Castlevania LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition 1.0

No permission to download
Created by Ericard Productions, this is perhaps one of the more unique OpenBOR games you'll find. True to its name, you'll take on Transylvania's worst with the graphic and game-play style from Tiger's LCD handheld Castlevania series.

If that isn't your thing, don't worry. There's plenty of action in living color, with a lengthy sojourn through Dracula's stronghold as Alucard, Richter Belmont, or even Ryu Hayabusa! Still not enough? Try out "Shin Dracula X", an all new Castlevania adventure.

Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0000.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0042.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0043.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0045.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0013.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0025.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0022.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0040.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0058.png
Castlevania Dracula LCD Chronicles Deluxe Edition [v.3.0 Build 4426] - 0057.png
Author
Unknown
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from Unknown

Latest reviews

I like the idea of playing in extension with the LCD characters and their environments, but I prefer the others modes. It's good that you tried this concept and it was fun to end up with the sensations of the TIGER years.
Forget the handheld LCD stages, that's not where the fun is. I can't imagine why anyone would want to replicate a Tiger LCD anyway, but it is a novel idea. Just not very playable.

The good stuff is in the alternate quests. They are full games unto themselves and far more fun than the eponymous LCD modes. I fired this up meaning to play for a few minutes to get a review impression and wound up going non-stop to the end. Only a couple of ugly flaws keep this from 5-star material.

- The platforming is not coded quite right. Platforms meant to allow jumping up through but not falling through are a strange sort of semi solid that impede your jump without stopping it. Unfortunately, this effect reaches out beyond the visual platform and will cause a lot of unnecessary falls.

- Regular enemies have way too much health. In some cases, they take longer to kill than a boss. You'll spend a lot of time stuck in an area just hacking and hacking at something before you can move on, only to run right into the same enemy again.

Although these are normally game-breakers, everything else is made well enough it's a really nice experience overall.
The idea of simulating the LCD was very creative! It may not be appealing to all users, but it sure was out of the box.
Back
Top Bottom