Additional Cheats

Aerisetta

Currently there are 3 cheats by default
Infinite Life, Credits and Health

Was wondering if we can get some more kind of cheats in the future
1 Hit kill
Infinite Mana

Just a suggestion

but when the cheats are disabled by the modder you can't extract it in the pak? example the latest night slashers mod and FEMTALITY (18+)

Where did you make that up from? Extracting the pack is an entirely different and unrelated issue. Assuming you can (extract), you could change anything, cheats included. However, some creators may not want you doing that, and if they take steps to stop you, that's their business.

DC

I have a suggestion, not really related to cheats but maybe kinda and don't wanna start a new thread

It would be great if players could see and access Options from the Pause menu in game. I know you can access via pressing F12, but an average player wouldn't think of that, it's not common. Seeing options/settings menu when paused is the common approach.

I get a lot of complaints about not knowing the keys and not being able to change/check it (I deal with a lot of people who've never played a beat em up before, or havent played one in 10-20 yrs).

but when the cheats are disabled by the modder you can't extract it in the pak? example the latest night slashers mod and FEMTALITY (18+)
It's literally just a text line in one of the .txt files that you can easily change the variable on. The hardest part of the whole thing is using the paxplode bat, it can be a lot to take in. The first time I tried using it, it took me an hour to get it done right and I failed at it four times somehow before I got it.

It's literally just a text line in one of the .txt files that you can easily change the variable on. The hardest part of the whole thing is using the paxplode bat, it can be a lot to take in. The first time I tried using it, it took me an hour to get it done right and I failed at it four times somehow before I got it.
they mean some people encrypt their games so it cannot be paxploded

Well then those are games that don't get the time of day from me because there's other better games that aren't made by fun police. :p

To be perfectly honest, I have Streets of Rage 2X (cheats allowed by default!) and Final Fight LNS (Cheats not enabled, I had to do it.) I really don't strictly need anything else, so if anyone wants to cut access to their games off like that, it's no skin off my nose. If they're going to go to that kind of length to prevent me from having fun, screw it, I'm out. lol

(I deal with a lot of people who've never played a beat em up before, or havent played one in 10-20 yrs).
Well, after i checked on the web on what sites does your game live(which of course i'm not judging), to me it's more likely that the people you are dealing with can only hold and use one thing. So giving them to hold and use anything else like a gamepad for example, for them it will be a challenge anyway, no matter how you change your settings.

But no matter that, by now you guys should have realized that no updates or new release are ever comming. That is unless a miracle will happen and a developer will join and work on the engine for real(which of course is not gonna happen anytime soon if at all).
By the way i'm not try to be negative, but that's just the impression i got about the engine over the last 5-6 years. Then again, i might just be wrong.

Last edited:
@Aerisetta

@DCurrent

i think cheats are OK as a reward, unlock. the harder the levels of difficulty the harder to unlock.
Goldneye and Perfec Dark on the N64 are a good example of how to rewards with cheats.

the only "request" or suggestion i would make is to figure out a way to encrypt the saves and maybe even the configuration files.
those files are a way to cheat too, users can simply back up saves and re-use them and maybe even hack them or edit them.

a professional cheater will find a way to "gameshark" the module even if encrypted

@magggas - lol
wild octopus man appears

In other words, only the skilled get to use the cheats, the people who don't need or likely even want them.

@oldyz Yeah, as confused as ever. When you obviously don't understanding what someone is saying or talking about, why even bother commenting? That's a pure waste of time for everyone.

@Kratus By the way, i really do appreciate you and all of what you are doing and the rest of the guys of course. Now about my point on my previous comment, it has nothing to do with you current extra devs guys, and i will rather just leave it there. You guys just forget about that.

Last edited:
@magggas -
your other comment was funny man,

anyway, i think that what Rareware did was brilliant, they actually made cheats a part of the game itself and actually made the task of hackers "redundant" and a bit silly -

@Raden - not really, even tho it took years, eventually the button combinations to enable all cheats in Goldeneye leaked (it took about 8 years)
same with konami games you can choose to do the konami codes and cheat.

i was a good goldeneye player, i unlocked everything and for some reason, you sit and use all the cheats at least once for fun.

either way, cheats & hacks are inevitable.
gameshark, game genie owners, etc and emulation folk had no such barriers, on pc we have cheat engine....

so people will use them, especially if your game features grindy nonsense for 100% completion.

example , i cheated for the sonic adventure games, because the only way to see some extras is to actually have completed or beaten the chao garden stuff
i hated those chao things, they games where forcing you to play a pokemon type game -

anyway, @O Ilusionista on the thread 'split' has mentioned a good compromise, punishmets for cheaters and hackers NIntendo
style antipiracy or hack coding....

@oldyz Oh my god, now i realize that i completely misunderstood your comment, so now i see to what you were referring and now i'm getting the joke.
I'm terribly sorry man and i really apologize for being so harsh and rude to you just because i'm so stupid to understand things sometimes.
I will not complete remove that comment and leave it there as a n momentum of embarrassment of myself and a reminder for me.

Even if cheats are disabled you can still use misc programs to hack and edit in cheats. I only use and need infinite credits. That way you still try not to lose lives. 1 hit kills seem so lame in a beu.

@crimefighters3

one hit kill cheats are useful for developers, since you can test a level faster to see if your groups, barricades, etc work well.
most cheats in videogames are probably left over code that was originally for testing, thankfully openbor has them out of the box...

There was a secret cheat in Streets of Rage 2 in which you could select Mania as a difficulty mode. But I think some games are already hard enough.

@magggas -
your other comment was funny man,

anyway, i think that what Rareware did was brilliant, they actually made cheats a part of the game itself and actually made the task of hackers "redundant" and a bit silly -

@Raden - not really, even tho it took years, eventually the button combinations to enable all cheats in Goldeneye leaked (it took about 8 years)
same with konami games you can choose to do the konami codes and cheat.

i was a good goldeneye player, i unlocked everything and for some reason, you sit and use all the cheats at least once for fun.

either way, cheats & hacks are inevitable.
gameshark, game genie owners, etc and emulation folk had no such barriers, on pc we have cheat engine....

so people will use them, especially if your game features grindy nonsense for 100% completion.

example , i cheated for the sonic adventure games, because the only way to see some extras is to actually have completed or beaten the chao garden stuff
i hated those chao things, they games where forcing you to play a pokemon type game -

anyway, @O Ilusionista on the thread 'split' has mentioned a good compromise, punishmets for cheaters and hackers NIntendo
style antipiracy or hack coding....

I also recommend that you check out the essay writing app https://essaypro.аpp/ essay topics on this page, where you will find many essay ideas that can help you.
I completely agree. But the truth is there is 1 moment when cheats can be useful, this is for speedrunners.

Last edited:
I completely agree. But the truth is there is 1 moment when cheats can be useful, this is for speedrunners.
Speedrunning,
i think that in that reguard there should be and probably there are categories.

example, you play a game over and over each time getting better and beating it faster, no save states, no extra lives, everytime you play you record it, and thus you can see the progression and the work that went into it.

using cheats, savestates, cuts that time short by a lot, and so it seems a bit less of an achievement to me...
its like a baseball player who got his skill with years of practice, vs a baseball player who got strenght using steroids and skills using a data download using a brain implant..

granted there is some incredible skills when it comes to some game-plays where a player can actually duplicate all patterns of a tool assisted run, or tool assisted feats:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom