• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

In Progress Classic VS (Ikemen Go version)

The project is currently under development.

ELECTRO

Here is the Ikemen Go version of my game Classic VS. I'm using the Orochi Kyo tag system, but with some slight changes. The biggest change is that you can also call your team members buy pushing the same punch and kick buttons together instead of using the tag buttons. Example below :

Tag button 1 = Light Punch + Light Kick

Tag button 2 = Medium Punch + Medium Kick

Knock out = Strong Punch + Strong Kick

Note = You can still use the tag buttons if you want to. I just wanted to provide another option to call team members.

I removed some modes in the game because I have not made lifebars for those yet. Those modes will come in a later update. Ikemen features a command list, but I have not taken advantage of this feature yet and am still using my old method of hitting the Start Button to bring up a move list. The game runs at 1280,720 and I'm pretty sure this can not be changed without messing up the game. Also attempting to add characters to this game is a bad idea because they will probably not be compatible. Likewise taking characters out of this game and trying to place them anywhere else will also not work. Enjoy!!

[youtube]

thank you, SF2 is one of my all time favorites & this is like a super upgrade...

i hope you make some stages for 4 players or do a 4 player version later on...

@ELECTRO

i have tested your classic Vs package vs the standard Ikemen GO release -
for some reason your version of the package is messing up controller 2's ability to be mapped trough the options menu, fortunately this can be corrected by
manually editing the config.json file.

Resolution:
the resolution can be changed to a lower wide-screen ratio of 426 by 240, but some machines seem to have problems displaying this on fullscreen.
(you get a big black space & a tiny screen on the lower left corner)
your custom life bars get messed up tho, while Ikemen's standard bars stay centered...
fortunately , it seems that 1280 by 720 seem to work fine on my potato machine with no slow down

Playing this, I found (evil) Ryu, (Interpol) Chun, and Janne to be my favorite team. Somehow Jumbo Flapjack's running lariat move is able to out-priority a Shun Goku Satsu, which just feels wrong. Snap Back moves feel useless as well due to the slow start up and finnicky input, along with the often unimpressive properties and appearances of them. Also, Evil Ryu's Axe Kick move is given the wrong input in his pause menu.
EDIT: I have a suggestion; Make M. Bison's Psycho Shot a QCF so there is less overlap with the Psycho Crusher.

EDIT 2:
I revamped J. Max's shock sprite, as well as Kidd's, to look a bit better.

Attachments

• jmaxshockrevamp.png
    jmaxshockrevamp.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
  • kiddshockrevamp.png
    kiddshockrevamp.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom