• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Developing For OpenBOR

DCurrent

Site Owner, OpenBOR Project Leader
Staff member
If you would like to develop for OpenBOR, please follow these steps:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Sign up for an account on GitHUB
[*]Post below with your GitHUB account name.
[*]Assuming you are approved to develop, we will grant write permission to your account and you may begin adding submissions.
[/list]

OpenBOR Repository

One big thing though (and this is a long standing policy) - NO Forks. Please contribute to the main repository for everyone's benefit. You may of course create forks to work on concepts, but any "My OpenBOR" releases will result in loss of collaboration privileges and possible removal from the community.

i am no developer but i wanted to play with the android  version and see if i could fix the issue with the gamepad buttons not working.

so do i just need to download the svn and tools files to make a build ?

You'll need both. The engine files are and what gets worked on the most. That's also where you'll find the ports. The tool chain is required to compile a build but is huge (~400MB) and rarely changes, so there's not much point to including it in every subversion upload. That's why we split them up.

What this means in a nutshell is the first time around you have to deal with a big download, but after that you only exchange engine files and those are super fast.

DC

Hi DC your SVN/Toolchain links above do not work for me.

The SVN/Tools is the below link work for me fine:
http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg128#msg128

Are they the same or different ?

Could be useful, there are some bugs I wanted to fix last year.

Username: maitre-piccolo

msmalik681 & whitedragon0000 added. Piccolo your account already had access.

DC

Yes, and especially since Plombo and I have been so flooded last couple of years. I've barley touched the source code in that time. Just haven't really been able to sit down and dive in.

I do need to repost the old development guidelines for any new people that come in, but I trust all the folks here.

One big thing though (and this is a long standing policy) - NO branches. Please contribute to the main engine for everyone's benefit. If I find out about any unauthorized forks or personal builds being released, I'll have to revoke access immediately.

DC

@White Dragon & Piccolo, your Sourceforge accounts have SVN access, so feel free to contribute.

I've put in a fix for the continue bug in on my end, but it's part of a ton of other stuff not ready for deployment. If someone else wants to add it, I certainly wouldn't be remiss. ;)

DC

Damon Caskey said:
@White Dragon & Piccolo, your Sourceforge accounts have SVN access, so feel free to contribute.

I've put in a fix for the continue bug in on my end, but it's part of a ton of other stuff not ready for deployment. If someone else wants to add it, I certainly wouldn't be remiss. ;)

DC

Thank you DC, I posted my fix yet ^__^
Happy to contribute with openBOR!

Hi guys, for next rev of openBOR I'm working on:
getanimationproperty( {entity}, {animation_id}, {property}, ) started by DC but not working), very useful in my opinion!
and I'm adding a new standard sample sound: pause.wav
What do you thinking about?

For DC:
What do you thinking about if I increment MAXQSPRITES from 500 to... X (source/gamelib/spriteq)? Any advice?

White Dragon said:
For DC:
What do you thinking about if I increment MAXQSPRITES from 500 to... X (source/gamelib/spriteq)? Any advice?

Unless you're willing to do the pointer and allocation work to make it a dynamic switch for authors (like maxfreespecials, maxfollows, etc.), I'd prefer not to statically increase hard coded limits, because otherwise it causes the engine to consume more resources even for modules that aren't taking advantage.

DC

Back
Top Bottom