• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Night Slashers X Rebalanced

In Progress Night Slashers X Rebalanced, 23A and variants info - Plasmid DNA in them vials edition.... 1.31

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
machok

unfortunately i would need to do an easy mode ending sequence & new sprites for it...
in fact i think that if there is ever an easy mode, i would pay "tribute" to the censored version of the game by making the monsters bleed green & censor stuff...

so for now, your only option for easy mode is Ash.........

Hello im back after a year, I commited an internet sin of never uploading my work. Heres a link to download my edited movie accurate version of ash, It isnt completed and the char selector texture is cooked. Feel free to edit and use it as much as yous want. Ill continue updating it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KwLef4Wma-MIAsvtyLU0LnHxvFg5cu2n/view?usp=sharing

Is it possible to enable the cheat mode, as I am awful at these types of games. If the cheat for unlimited health and life was enable the game would be more enjoyable.

Cowlickah72
thank you very much for the sprites.
it takes me way too long to upload a file, so i am trying to decide what to do...  i can implement them until the next update, or just update this small detail.
there are a bunch of things i have not been able to fix, like rewarding the top player, the bugged toss to the left, the counter grab bind bug & replacement mechanic for it.
import pinnoccio...

EliParker
check your private messages, they will have instructions on how to edit the game

Hi, i have take your last version 1.31 and i can't unpack it. The pack is broken the character Ash.
A friend as try too and same result.
@oldyz i want to add for me the cheat mode because the game is hard :p
And i want to continue to work on the intro too ... you have not include my last intro updates.

And maybe this bug can make "Ash" crashing in game for some case ...
Thanks

Attachments

• Desktop 06-10-2021 01-22-58-262.jpg
    Desktop 06-10-2021 01-22-58-262.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
@darknoir

1.31, i have 1.30 & that is the one i was analysing, i sent you a PM, but remember Rebalanced is LifeofFinale's baby.
I don't know if he might have done something to avoid un-paking, i think there might be some issue because his system is very likely to have japanese as languaje, so it might have done something during packing & now it messes up the unpacking.

for example, i find that some naming conventions i use while the game is unpacked work, but when you try to pack the game they will not be accepted, so the names of files have to be changed & edits a have to be made before trying to pak the thing.

anyhow , anything that has to do with "rebalanced" has to be approved by him, so i will relay this information

Thanks a lot for the answer, yes i understand i ve already having this issue with Russian games ... impossible to pak with my computer if i don't rename some files.
It can be interesting to have a version 1.3, to try it, on 1.31 i know he has fixed some crash.

Videos of NightSlashers X Wide 2019 for android, which is featured in the android downloads section...

i will add the 1st video on the android downloads section.

reminder here, that version is a less buggy single player experience & still seems to be the right difficulty for Android touchscreen controls...

So, both project will be in this thread, right ?
Anyway, good luck for both of them.

@DCurrent & @danno

the first post in this thread is quite a mess, last week i attempted to clean it up by taking advantage of the resources section, so all relevant information on each variant could be addressed. Turns out per current rules, variants get one resource, so sure, this thread can function as a support thread, but i wish there was a way to compartimelize the first posts or if possible , for each module thread to be able feature sections, like the resources "thread" does -

so in the case of say - a batman module - it can feature a "batcave" (updates) & Batcomputer (history)

in this way i can use the main thread to answer questions, the updates (heavy van) section to post all answers & solutions, tips for streaming, parsec & controllers & the (crypt) history section for download links & all archived previous versions.
Again ,i am not talking about the resource, i am talking about making the module project threads more like the resource threads, if possible

truth is NSwide has the capacity to merge everything from all the other variants, but my limited scripting ability only allows me to be selective.
the bunch of extra characters from "NSX Advanced" come to mind, as unlockables after beating the game fully, but they have to be fixed in order for them to better fit the game.

Or i could create a thread for "Rebalance", & one for " X Advanced", they are different projects after all & they have different issues & the fixes for advanced would have to be more of a community project, since i only focus on extra stuff Wide needs.

Or we could just merge it all into one Night Slashers Generals, and use its resource updates section as a hub to address all collected solutions to their problems.

Controller Support notes for NIghtSlashers Wide Screen 21C

xinput devices seem to work well, tests using 4 xbox 360 controllers seem to match their green light ID's with the game, so there should not be a problem playing it with Parsec.

there are some issues if you use direct input devices, here are a few examples:

controllers setup (4 different kinds of controllers)
Code:
Nightslashers Widescreen 21C using:

Test Build 6392 by Kratus, aka ;
openbor v3.0 build february 15 2021

controllers appear in the following order:

1 xbox 360 wired
1 sabrent 12 button
1 n64 adaptoid
1 n64 adaptoid

----------------------------------------------

3 controllers

detects controller 1 as P1

detects controller 2 as P3

detects controller 3 as P2

4 controllers

detects controller 2 as P4

detects controller 3 as P3

detects controller 4 as P2

#############################################################
NS & Sor2X using

Test Build 7123 by Kratus, aka ;
openbor v3.0 build 7123 (commit hash: 7123) May 18 2021

controllers appear in the following order:

1 xbox 360 wired
1 sabrent 12 button
1 n64 adaptoid
1 n64 adaptoid

----------------------------------------------

3 controllers

detects controller 2 as P3

detects controller 3 as P2

4 controllers

detects controller 2 as P4

detects controller 3 as P3

detects controller 4 as P2

Just pay attention to the P# of your controller and map it to the desired player.

Example if you favorite controller has ID #4, & you want this as player 1, just map it & there should be no problems

controllers setup (2 dual adapters - N64)
Code:
NS & Sor2X using

Test Build 7123 by Kratus, aka ;
openbor v3.0 build 7123 (commit hash: 7123) May 18 2021

controllers
1 mayflash dual adapter n64 1 - n64 2
1 raphnet  dual adapter n64 3 - n64 4
no matter how they are plugged, windows orders them this way?

1 controller

detects controller 1 as P2 (n64 adapter port 1, either brand)

----------------------------------

2 controllers - 2 controllers on a single dual adapter

detects controller 1 as P2 (n64 adapter port 1, either brand)

detects controller 2 as P1 (n64 adapter port 2, either brand)

2 controllers - one in adapter A , other in adapter B

detects controller 1 as P4 (Dominant n64 adapter port 1)

detects controller 2 as P2 (Second in list n64 adapter port 1)

-----------------------------------

3 controllers

detects controller 1 as P4 (n64 1)

detects controller 2 as P3 (n64 2)

detects controller 3 as P2 (n64 3)

4 controllers

detects controller 1 as P4 (n64 1)

detects controller 2 as P3 (n64 2)

detects controller 3 as P2 (n64 3)

detects controller 4 as P1 (n64 4)

Just pay attention to the P# of your controller and map it to the desired player.

Example if you favorite controller has ID #4, & you want this as player 1, just map it & there should be no problems

Warning for dual adapter users:

if by any chance one of the dual adpater's port is considered a 5th controller ,
or one of the other controllers goes beyond Windows order #5, it won't be detected

keep in mind that you may have to erase the .cfg files in the save folders as a last resort if controllers don't get mapped correctly...
that means setting up the video options & sound volume , etc all over again

Last edited:
Controller Support notes for NIght Slashers X Rebalance 1.31

NIghtSlashersXRebalance 1.31 uses
OpenBor v3.0 build 6391 April 08 2020

6391 is the latest Official build of Openbor.
The engine has suffered problems with controllers for a long time now,
Use this guide as an aid when playing this game, or any other game using the official build.

The main problem is "input crossover" & here are some examples of what is going on:

2 controllers

detects controller 1 as P1, but controls player 2´s inputs

detects controller 2 as P2, but controls player 1´s inputs

In a nutshell, when there are 2 controllers present on your system

you have to use Setup player 1 & controller 1, to map controller 2´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 2 & controller 2, to map controller 1´s buttons

3 controllers

detects controller 1 as P1, but controls player 3´s inputs

detects controller 2 as P2, works as intended

detects controller 3 as P3, but controls player 1´s inputs

In a nutshell, when there are 3 controllers present on your system

you have to use Setup player 1 & controller 1, to map controller 3´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 2 & controller 2, to map controller 2´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 3 & controller 3, to map controller 1´s buttons

4 controllers

detects controller 1 as P1, but controls player 4´s inputs

detects controller 2 as P2, but controls player 3´s inputs

detects controller 3 as P3, but controls player 2´s inputs

detects controller 4 as P4, but controls player 1´s inputs

In a nutshell, when there are 4 controllers present on your system

you have to use Setup player 1 & controller 1, to map controller 4´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 2 & controller 2, to map controller 3´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 3 & controller 3, to map controller 2´s buttons
you have to use Setup player 4 & controller 4, to map controller 1´s buttons

Warning for dual adapter users:

if by any chance one of the dual adpater's port is considered a 5th controller ,
or one of the other controllers goes beyond Windows order #5, it won't be detected

Visual aid: coming later

keep in mind that you may have to erase the .cfg files in the save folders as a last resort if controllers don't get mapped correctly...
that means setting up the video options & sound volume , etc all over again

Last edited:
Who did the artwork for the Scooby-Doo van and Dracula’s carriage? I'm very impressed by those details.
he he, i did the van , its just a bunch of gimp "colorize" tricks on the actual "heavy van".
its supposed to have a driver but that is going to be some kind of multilayer trick i still can't perfect.

i found the music & thought right away of the Bonus level, So i figured the mystery machine was perfect for it
took me a whole day to figure out how to make that level work & took 2 hours to figure out why the palette was not working (it drove me nuts)

the carriage was completed a bit more by life of end. still needs horses & i need to dig up the old code for it because i don't have a reference to its original attack data.
i want to make it spawn bind heavy, with Igor being an actual sprite on the roof, the pinoccio box rattling & the Little mutant as the coach driver - all parts individual entities basically (maybe even Dracula inside it)

Back
Top Bottom