• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Night Slashers X Rebalanced

In Progress Night Slashers X Rebalanced, 23A and variants info - Plasmid DNA in them vials edition.... 1.31

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but Ortega's grab special works on certain obstacles. It's actually pretty hilarious pile-driving a barrel and you can use it to get some quick splash damage, but I doubt that was the intent.

DC

Because the "NS + variations" thread is a mess

+1 the contents of the mod is a mess too, looks like 10 separate modders have smashed a load of stuff together and then branched off into their own version, if I were you @oldyz I'd start again like I did and give it a more unified feel, looks messy, plays messy and pile-driving a barrel is not a good look, I understand you like the idea of variations of the same game but practically it makes everything confusing.

I would actually make Night Slashers X and rebalance it, remove the bugs add moves, weapons etc and make a good game even greater not just add random mismatched trash which makes it unbalanced.

Rebalancing shouldn't have taken longer than the original took to make, I'm in two minds weather or not to give you all my work as a new base to start from bug fixes and all.

Rebalancing shouldn't have taken longer than the original took to make, I'm in two minds weather or not to give you all my work as a new base to start from bug fixes and all.
It would be awesome!
So @oldyz can be sure to have something stable to go ahead and add step by step some more content into it without "breaking" the game.
But he have to make sure not to transform it into a messy one after updating.

@DCurrent ,

think that slamming barrels is funny? you should see him slamming the zombie dogs....

having said that, I think those ridiculous Ortega things shoud be "oldyverse" cannon, just polish the thing like capcom did with Dahlsim's bugs

@danno

I don't know man, you work is your thing, i would be happy to just have the current bugs worked out and make the "base levels" work exactly like they do in the original version but with the new engine for controller compatibility.
(for 21C)

Also, remember that "rebalance" its not my thing, i am willing to adapt its concepts as much as i can but in a more proper fashion, like the "Ash thing'' we talked about

that said, there are people that like rebalance better, because its content it's more easily found, and if Lifeoffnale wont do another update, there are some small mistakes that need to be polished and some stuff that is still broken in some levels.

@NED , and everyone, ''life'' its getting in the way big time, i am afraid that i have to pause things on my end well until march of '23, most of 'my' equipment has been put away and will have to make do with even more limited hardware -
all i will do is work on music loops for future updates...

Greetings,

finally after some time, it seems that an online version of Openbor/rebalance has surfaced, i have tested this to no success on a win7 machine,
EDIT, it works well on windows 10 machine! & who knows if it will work on Xbone/current xbox machines....

here is the link:

also, here is a rare 3 player video of 2019 version:

courtesy of Red long plays and his channel has a live video schedjuled for today...

Last edited:
Update: according to my Xbox contacts, the web version of rebalance works in xbox one, but there is an on-screen message about a controller error, even tho buttons seem to respond well

Night Slashers 21c Difficult its insane compared to 21a or Rebalance 1.31, why? Also the enmies have lot of life.

Last edited:
@axel,

in the future 21C might get a few tweaks, but its difficulty is a luck of the draw.
Ash is the easy mode, i think that if there is ever a 0 continues speedrun video, only Ash can do it

Just passing by to say hi.
Still not much interested into getting again into all this mess.
Lot of potential !

@axel,

in the future 21C might get a few tweaks, but its difficulty is a luck of the draw.
Ash is the easy mode, i think that if there is ever a 0 continues speedrun video, only Ash can do it
I tought the 21C link "click to download NightSlashersXWideAsh_21C" was wrong and i just downloaded the 4 players difficult version :D Bc if you compare the difficult level from 21c vs 21a or Rebalance 1.31, 21c its much bigger, not only the amount of life of the enemies, i mean the number of enemies is higher and how the ai woirks too, how the are all time dodging your attacks making the game boring till you can kill the am.

If you are talking about this ash run (first video in the topic) this is easy mode beacuse is 21A, and difficult its ok, its only in the 21c (Where Ortega its included) where you get much more zombies and with x 4 more life than 21A.+

What i mean its that, the guy must use cheats (infinite continues) or its impossible.

Last edited:
I tought the 21C link "click to download NightSlashersXWideAsh_21C" was wrong and i just downloaded the 4 players difficult version :D Bc if you compare the difficult level from 21c vs 21a or Rebalance 1.31, 21c its much bigger, not only the amount of life of the enemies, i mean the number of enemies is higher and how the ai woirks too, how the are all time dodging your attacks making the game boring till you can kill the am.

If you are talking about this ash run (first video in the topic) this is easy mode beacuse is 21A, and difficult its ok, its only in the 21c (Where Ortega its included) where you get much more zombies and with x 4 more life than 21A.+

What i mean its that, the guy must use cheats (infinite continues) or its impossible.

21c is meant for 2 players at least.

in truth it is better to play it with 4 people, but the bugs will most likely wont allow for a good uninterrupted run, so a "load game" or 2 will be needed to continue in case the game freezes of characters get stuck.
eventually only a 4 player playtrough shall be the only way to experience the whole game, if i get the scripting right.

I became a fan of cooperative games since those TMNT arcades, and this philosophy got more entrenched with perfect dark, mariokart 2 player grand prix mode, xbox 360 doom and its 4 split screen coop mode, and so on.

the AI also had the benefit of making the zombie crowds a bit more realistic, the new engine for some reason made the original programming of the enemies to line up in easy to beat up "orderly" lines, but with the new method the zombies feel more like a chaotic horde.
but
about the zombies that dodge, they are a problem that i will try to fix, because i only want them to dodge in a central area of the screen and not when they are on the edges, but i want enemies to be able be smart enought to avoid screen edges, one flaw on many beathemups is the fact that after a while , players have the tendency to keep enemies offscreen and just spam basic punches.

the dodging allows for enemies to avoid this, and force players to go back to the center, but when you get slow cowardly types it does become a bit of an issue.

i avoid this by using throws to keep enemies in the center and using combos to deal multiple damage and regain MP attacks to use often....
Ash has limited combos , but has powerful magic ...

Last edited:
21c is meant for 2 players at least.

in truth it is better to play it with 4 people, but the bugs will most likely wont allow for a good uninterrupted run, so a "load game" or 2 will be needed to continue in case the game freezes of characters get stuck.
eventually only a 4 player playtrough shall be the only way to experience the whole game, if i get the scripting right.

I became a fan of cooperative games since those TMNT arcades, and this philosophy got more entrenched with perfect dark, mariokart 2 player grand prix mode, xbox 360 doom and its 4 split screen coop mode, and so on.

the AI also had the benefit of making the zombie crowds a bit more realistic, the new engine for some reason made the original programming of the enemies to line up in easy to beat up "orderly" lines, but with the new method the zombies feel more like a chaotic horde.
but
about the zombies that dodge, they are a problem that i will try to fix, because i only want them to dodge in a central area of the screen and not when they are on the edges, but i want enemies to be able be smart enought to avoid screen edges, one flaw on many beathemups is the fact that after a while , players have the tendency to keep enemies offscreen and just spam basic punches.

the dodging allows for enemies to avoid this, and force players to go back to the center, but when you get slow cowardly types it does become a bit of an issue.

i avoid this by using throws to keep enemies in the center and using combos to deal multiple damage and regain MP attacks to use often....
Ash has limited combos , but has powerful magic ...

Yes, another bug i saw its when im playing and then i exit to main menu and load the last game again, after loading the same level the enemies move much more faster! So i need to exit and reopen openbor and load the game again to have the normal speed, etc...

Well, for me the 1.3 rebalanced its the best experience for solo player like me. I did 21a alone too this morning but 21c its imposible alone.

Think in 4 players mode its ok but think about that most than us, we play solo :)

Btw the game is great, i love, one of my favs beat em ups ever.

Yes, another bug i saw its when im playing and then i exit to main menu and load the last game again, after loading the same level the enemies move much more faster! So i need to exit and reopen openbor and load the game again to have the normal speed, etc...

Well, for me the 1.3 rebalanced its the best experience for solo player like me. I did 21a alone too this morning but 21c its imposible alone.

Think in 4 players mode its ok but think about that most than us, we play solo :)

Btw the game is great, i love, one of my favs beat em ups ever.
Its not a bug -

the "real" levels feature random everything everytime they load, even if you close and re-open the engine, that is why trying to speed run it will be very hard to do.

the randomness is not perfect, and it could be even better than what it is currently, i wish that i could figure out how to make enemies behave like the N64 wrestling games, where enemies react to factors in various ways.....

there are very few games that have that type of element, - the only game i can name that had such random AI is Perfect Dark, where guards would behave in very different ways everytime you load the level.

in most beathemups you play and figure out certain formulas that will work 100 percent of the time,
but in 21C trying to figure out a formula is going to be tougher, the best you can hope for is get lucky and get weak types, to keep enemies in the middle, keep the cowards on screen, be on the lookout for health drops, use weapons, specials and in multiplayer gang up on any and all enemies as often as you can....

Rebalance si nice, a different take, i say play it as much as you can, and play 21C as a challenge, level by level save and load

Its not a bug -

the "real" levels feature random everything everytime they load, even if you close and re-open the engine, that is why trying to speed run it will be very hard to do.

the randomness is not perfect, and it could be even better than what it is currently, i wish that i could figure out how to make enemies behave like the N64 wrestling games, where enemies react to factors in various ways.....

there are very few games that have that type of element, - the only game i can name that had such random AI is Perfect Dark, where guards would behave in very different ways everytime you load the level.

in most beathemups you play and figure out certain formulas that will work 100 percent of the time,
but in 21C trying to figure out a formula is going to be tougher, the best you can hope for is get lucky and get weak types, to keep enemies in the middle, keep the cowards on screen, be on the lookout for health drops, use weapons, specials and in multiplayer gang up on any and all enemies as often as you can....

Rebalance si nice, a different take, i say play it as much as you can, and play 21C as a challenge, level by level save and load.

Sincerely i would love to have a balanced version of 21c for single player, with no need to save and load each time. May be you could add a single mode option in the next version ;)

Sincerely i would love to have a balanced version of 21c for single player, with no need to save and load each time. May be you could add a single mode option in the next version ;)
Well, the single mode option is the regular levels.

But i tell you what, there is something that can be done that will allow for one of the difficulty factors to be truly random and adaptable to the number of players on screen.
If i can get it done, single player should be about 8 to 14% easier

i will have to ask around and see...

Well, the single mode option is the regular levels.

But i tell you what, there is something that can be done that will allow for one of the difficulty factors to be truly random and adaptable to the number of players on screen.
If i can get it done, single player should be about 8 to 14% easier

i will have to ask around and see...
Nice, thank you for your time and effort, i really love this game since i was a kid in arcade saloons :)

Trying to extract a .pak with borpak.exe like i usually do with all .paks, but this time i get ERROR: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY when im extracting... How can i solve that?

ZZZ_crA.jpg

Trying to extract a .pak with borpak.exe like i usually do with all .paks, but this time i get ERROR: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY when im extracting... How can i solve that?

View attachment 3621

Looks like those are from one of the various Nightslashers X projects. The first one was secured specifically so you can't unpack it, so you're out of luck if that's the one. There are several others though - more than I can count in fact. I don't really keep up with them.

That's more the pet project of @oldyz and his cohorts, so maybe he could tell you something. @danno might also have some insight.

DC

@axel
i believe it was some kind of unintended bug - (life of finale) the developer of the game is from japan, so i think that somehow a japanese character managed to get paked, but now makes it impossible to unpack
i had some help unpaking the game , but the organized worskstation where i had the supposed fixed file is not in my possesion
that also means that i have not had the chance to really test and compare the rebalance bugged vs the rebalance fixed.
if i get a hold of the package it would be of great help for a a fan of the rebalance version to really check and see...

i will see if i can get to the machine before the weekend

Back
Top Bottom