• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

OpenBOR v3.0 Build 6330 (Android/PSP/WII/WINDOWS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just check for a certain life threshold and then use timer to intermittently apply a tint. That's exactly how the hard coded dying effect works already, it just happens to use palettes.
Yes, but I don't want to apply a tint only because, on this case, palettes are easier to handle. We would be change it's color and not only mixing the colors.
There are other advantages: DYING respect freeze maps (it alternates from the desired map to freeze map if the entity is frozen). Tint, unless you check for the freezetime, will be applied over freeze map too.
Another thing is when you have a Dying palette where some parts of it will stay on the original color (for example, an armor), while all the rest will change its color. Tint will be applied over everything.

That's the very thing I like about tint, lol. Instead of a static color set change, you get, well, a tint, over whatever color set the entity happens to have at the moment. I think that looks cooler and more dynamic than a single "look I'm frozen", or "crap I'm burned", color set.

But it's all taste and opinion. :)

DC

Wii build now has
Wii U Pro Controller SUPPORT!!!

Thanks to the efforts by Demothens over at gbatemp forums, he was able to integrate libwupc libraries by the Author FIX94 to the recent 6330 OpenBOR build!

It all happened over there:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-wii-openbor-with-libwupc-compatibility.512433/#post-8177106

Makefile and compiled builds are available in that thread.

Multiplayer with Wii U Pro Controllers and even NYKO Wii U Pro Commander is possible!!!

Now lets try and aim for Wii U Gamepad support!  8)

I just tested the build you've provided @msmalik681.

It works better than the initial libwupc alpha test build from Demothens,
in the sense that now the engine is not crashing if you have Wii nunchuk and Wii U Pro recognized. However, Wii nunchuk still has priority and Wii U PRO controller wants to be P1 but show no input when pairing these two controllers together.
Alas, this is an issue for another day.

What matters most is that it works and you can now either choose to play OpenBOR with ALL Wii Nunchuk controllers OR ALL Wii U Pro Controllers, but you can not yet mix and match like Nintendont and other Wii applications with libwupc support. Still, this is way better than nothing as controls are ver responsive and work great. Even NYKO Wii U Pro Commander works amazingly well.

I will try to reach FIX94 about the mix and match compatibility and maybe he can provide a fix for definitive compatibility between Wii and Wii U controllers.

This is a great step ahead for the Wii port and I thank you and the rest of the devs for your time, patience and effort.

Cheers! 8)

So I have a bug to report in the form of a question: Why is OpenBOR so terrible with controller support?

Most of my controllers show up as either 'unknown' or aren't detected at all. The system is detecting them fine, and they work fine on other games. But with OpenBOR, I have yet to even get a 4 player game set up. This is on Windows 7.

Also, when I get 2-3 player games working, the affinity is strange. It seems to want to tie each controller to a particular player, which isn't a problem in and of itself, but from the menu where you configure to the actual game, it swaps them around, and with each controller having different button configurations, the 'X' on one might end up as 'Hat Down' when you actually go to play the game. It makes 4 player completely unplayable and 3 player playable after half an hour of goofing around with the controllers.

@maxbeta
Full credit should go to Demothens I could not get the controller libs to work he sent me his updates and i just copied them over to the latest build.

@adamaxis
I don't know much about coding controllers white dragon did a lot of work on them are your controllers all the same model if not what brands are you using.

This is off topic but i would recommend windows 8.1 using classic shell to make it look and feel like windows 7.

msmalik681 said:
@adamaxis
I don't know much about coding controllers white dragon did a lot of work on them are your controllers all the same model if not what brands are you using.

This is off topic but i would recommend windows 8.1 using classic shell to make it look and feel like windows 7.

My friend uses Windows 10 and has the same problem, so I don't think it's an OS-specific problem. I have a whole slew of different controllers of different brands and types, but even if I use all of the same type(Xbox 360), same problem - some work, some either don't detect or I get 'P2 unknown button 3' type errors. It doesn't seem to matter if it's Bluetooth or USB. I have an Ipega, a couple Logitechs, a few PS3 controllers, a few PS4 controllers, Xbox 360s, and a few others of different brands.

but even if I use all of the same type(Xbox 360), same problem - some work, some either don't detect or I get 'P2 unknown button 3' type errors

That is strange. I use two XBOX360 controllers at the same time and they work perfectly - it's what I use to record the videos with my sons.  I remember of using a PS2 controlle with an USB adaptor and an Ipega controller and both worked fine too.

O Ilusionista said:
I use two of them + joytokey (just to map the xbox button to quit from some programs.

After some tests in the build 6330, I can confirm some things:

- the XBOX 360 controller works fine for me. I´m using 4 controllers and the only issue is the wrong player number between Openbor and joystick ID leds P1/P2/P3/P4. Maybe include Xinput drivers can be good, like some emulators;

- ASD/ARROW keys always move player 1 even if mapped for players 2/3/4, but it´s fine for me because I use keyboard for p1 and joysticks for p2/p3/p4. Is good that the keyboard is always on;

- Nosame is working fine too, tested a lot in my mods with 4 players;

I think the build 6330 maybe is the best of the latest Windows builds. Thanks for all the good work!

KratusGH said:
O Ilusionista said:
I use two of them + joytokey (just to map the xbox button to quit from some programs.

After some tests in the build 6330, I can confirm some things:

- the XBOX 360 controller works fine for me. I´m using 4 controllers and the only issue is the wrong player number between Openbor and joystick ID leds P1/P2/P3/P4. Maybe include Xinput drivers can be good, like some emulators;

- ASD/ARROW keys always move player 1 even if mapped for players 2/3/4, but it´s fine for me because I use keyboard for p1 and joysticks for p2/p3/p4. Is good that the keyboard is always on;

- Nosame is working fine too, tested a lot in my mods with 4 players;

I think the build 6330 maybe is the best of the latest Windows builds. Thanks for all the good work!

Thanks!!  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom