• As of 2022-12-02 Chronocrash is on a new, upgraded host. Please see post in Forum Issues thread for details or to report malfunctions.

In Progress Sailormoon Openbor

The project is currently under development.

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Hello everyone,

It appears that I've been away from  modding for 13 years. 

Didn't realize how much time has passed. 

Here's the Sailormoon Arcade Mod work in progress.

Ignore some of the old BOR intros.  I'm working on that.

Presently Sailor Jupiter is next on the list and the circus stage from Denjin Makai 1.

I have lots of reading to do with adding the following:

1. Music
2. Scripts

Enjoy!


https://drive.google.com/open?id=162QQtwMdpIRYQXCjX4Vj-HZLOwVGbl_Y
 

afhc2x17

Member
Hi! My name is afhc2x17, I played your mod since a long time and I have to say it's very impressive, it's the only one that I know that uses the original Sailor Moon Arcade assets and I want to thank you for creating this. I kinda used your mod a long time ago to learn and to practice modding in the OpenBOR engine. But now that you're back: May I use your mod and assets a little more? Of course, giving you credit for the original creation. And welcome back to the OpenBOR world!
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Thank you for your kind words.
Of course.  Feel free to do so.
I remember starting this mod before I met my girl friend and got married, Mr. Q and  Blood bane  really helped me.  And over at the Sailormoon Forum,
Rgveda99 and an a sprite ripper who ripped stage one of “Undercover Cops.”

If it essentially for their kindness, I wouldn’t have been able to complete this in progress mod.

On a side note,

I’m also looking for boss on  stage one boss on Metamoqester the arcade.

https://youtu.be/3qZ5sNZvpIQ

If you happen to find it, please post here.


 

Nickokapo

Member
I'm so glad you're back to modding. Welcome back!
I too played the older build earlier this year. As a fan of sailor moon and a huge fan of Sailor Moon Arcade & Guardians: Denjin Makai 2 (they're probably my favorite beat 'em up games next to cadillacs & dinosaurs, specially denjin makai 2) i was really pleased with the existance of this mod and was pretty happy to play an openbor sailor moon game that uses the arcade assets aswell.
Thanks and good luck on the project, and i hope you have fun with it!
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Nickokapo said:
I'm so glad you're back to modding. Welcome back!
I too played the older build earlier this year. As a fan of sailor moon and a huge fan of Sailor Moon Arcade & Guardians: Denjin Makai 2 (they're probably my favorite beat 'em up games next to cadillacs & dinosaurs, specially denjin makai 2) i was really pleased with the existance of this mod and was pretty happy to play an openbor sailor moon game that uses the arcade assets aswell.
Thanks and good luck on the project, and i hope you have fun with it!

Thanks for the kind words.  On a side note, I am going to add Jinrei later.

Now I have a problem.  I'm working on Sailor Jupiter.

Based on http://dev.dcemulation.org/bormod/create.html

I'm having trouble adding another layer.

Then it gets distorted.  Anythoughts?

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2550/Ovs9M5.jpg
 

Bloodbane

Well-known member
Hi MrGrill :D, long time no see

As for your problem, what do you mean by distorted? did you scale her sprite?
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Bloodbane said:
Hi MrGrill :D, long time no see

As for your problem, what do you mean by distorted? did you scale her sprite?

Hi Bloodbane, great to hear from you!  I didn't scale her sprites.
A long time ago, I ripped the sprites from Sailormoon Arcade and turned a few of them in to gifs so that I can have the proper animation alignement.

I used GIF Splitter to separate the animations and now I want to insert the clean Jupiter Sprite with out the shadows.
When I place the sprite, it becomes distorted. Note the sprite with the clean image is a PCX with no shadows.
Perhaps I'm doing this wrong?
What are your thoughts?

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1554/2gzden.gif
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/828/uA5cuJ.gif




 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Pixel Aspect Ratio... in both cs2 of photoshop and CS6, this message appears when i paste the images into layers. Has anyone encountered this?

I’m trying to create a gif file with the correct alignment, use GiF Splitter to split it and start adding the palettes and finally saving it as a png. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0V6Las5QRg



 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Alright!  Problem solved.  Instead of using photoshop CS2, I used photoshop Image Ready.

Now it works!  Finally, I can back to Sailor Jupiter.

On a sidenote, has anyone ever played Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic Oceans.

Would love to find rips of stage 1.

https://youtu.be/WeR59D9wcLM
 

DCurrent

Site Owner, OpenBOR Project Leader
Staff member
You best learn Photoshop, cause they dropped ImageReady long ago. Sooner or later you won't have a choice. Photoshop has several pixel types to choose from, but you don't have to bother with any of the others for sprite work. Always choose "square". If an image you loaded already looks warped, switching to square fixes that instantly.

DC
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Damon Caskey said:
You best learn Photoshop, cause they dropped ImageReady long ago. Sooner or later you won't have a choice. Photoshop has several pixel types to choose from, but you don't have to bother with any of the others for sprite work. Always choose "square". If an image you loaded already looks warped, switching to square fixes that instantly.

DC

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
 

Bloodbane

Well-known member
Shinmrgrill said:
What are your thoughts?

I don't see any distortion there. It looks fine compared to Jupiter's Idle sprite from screenshot I have

Try putting her sprite in game. It should be fine with Sailor Moon, Mars and Mercury :)
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Here's a small update.  Working on Sailor Jupiter's run animation sprites.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/492/31vY9q.jpg
 

NED

Well-known member
Shinmrgrill said:
Here's a small update.  Working on Sailor Jupiter's run animation sprites.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/492/31vY9q.jpg

Nice! What's new about her run ?
Something edited ?
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
nedflandeurse said:
Shinmrgrill said:
Here's a small update.  Working on Sailor Jupiter's run animation sprites.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/492/31vY9q.jpg

Nice! What's new about her run ?
Something edited ?

Just showing progress.  Can’t wait to see how I’m going to experiment with grappling features.
 

darknior

Active member
Excellent to discover a mod of this great game for OpenBOr ... a really better game than the SNES one ...
 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
darknior said:
Excellent to discover a mod of this great game for OpenBOr ... a really better game than the SNES one ...

Well, i feel that the SNES/Sega Gen is about different eras.  Also , the engine was the Original BOR ,I believe.

But thanks for the compliment.



 

Shinmrgrill

Active member
Question, I'm reading the manual and I can't find the way to make a character available after the game is beaten.  I paxploaded Neon Fighting Force and I can't figure it out.
 

kimono

Well-known member
Hi Shinmrgrill, I think you searched this command to put on the character you want to be unlocked after the level set is completed:
Code:
secret {bi} {int}

    ~Used to make a 'secret' character who must be unlocked before he/she can be played
    ~{bi} defines where secret character can be played:
        0 = Can be played in any level set
        1 = Can only be played in locked level set or level set with 'ifcomplete' in it (see levels.txt above)
    ~{int} defines how many times game must be completed before the character is unlocked
    ~Even though secret character is locked, you must load him/her with 'load' command instead of 'know' (see models.txt above)
 
Top Bottom