• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Scripts Index

This link is broken. @DCurrent , can you fix this link?

I could, but I won't. I took that page down because it encouraged using #define macros on openborconstant(). That's a deleterious practice in the long run and I should have known better.

Constants and macros are an invaluable tool, as I point out here, but redefining constants that already exist is... stupid.

DC

Yeah; all the script links just kick you back to the home page.

We moved to a new forum software just under a year ago with a completly new layout and URL system, so it would make sense most of these links don't work. The problem is I didn't make this guide and don't know where half its links are supposed to go. There's no way I'll ever have time to chase down and fix them all piecemeal. If the OP (@aL BeasTie) wants to take a crack at it they are more than welcome. Some of the links to external sources are just gone for good though, and a lot of them are really out of date. Like I said about the one just above, it was an article I wrote on my personal site that I took down because the information isn't viable any more.

DC

We moved to a new forum software just under a year ago with a completly new layout and URL system, so it would make sense most of these links don't work. The problem is I didn't make this guide and don't know where half its links are supposed to go. There's no way I'll ever have time to chase down and fix them all piecemeal. If the OP (@aL BeasTie) wants to take a crack at it they are more than welcome. Some of the links to external sources are just gone for good though, and a lot of them are really out of date. Like I said about the one just above, it was an article I wrote on my personal site that I took down because the information isn't viable any more.

DC
That's too bad; there were tons of neat ideas to learn from in there. I've mostly been gleaning ideas from downloading games and having a look at the various scripts therein; would be nice to have a dedicated repository like that again.

I will try to fix the thread and add some more things as I can, but it will take some time. I've fixed a bunch of links so far and added some new ones that were missing.

Fixed a lot of broken links and made quite a few additions. The original post was over the char limit so I moved the actual Script Index to the second post.

The main post now will be reserved for any documentation, official information regarding script and examples given by members. (that also provide explanations or tutorials)
Hopefully this will cause less confusion.. @DCurrent

The A to Z Scripts Index is just for reference, it's just bookmarking where someone might have posted within another topic, because those are harder to find again. If someone posted a useful script or suggested using a certain script to solve a problem in the thread I bookmarked it for later..

HTH

Fixed a lot of broken links and made quite a few additions. The original post was over the char limit so I moved the actual Script Index to the second post.

The main post now will be reserved for any documentation, official information regarding script and examples given by members. (that also provide explanations or tutorials)
Hopefully this will cause less confusion.. @DCurrent

The A to Z Scripts Index is just for reference, it's just bookmarking where someone might have posted within another topic, because those are harder to find again. If someone posted a useful script or suggested using a certain script to solve a problem in the thread I bookmarked it for later..

HTH

Very nice @aL BeasTie! If you run out of room in the second post, let me know and I can see about inserting another below it.

DC

Np, I still have another below it reserved, I think it used to have helpful links and scripts index in one thread.

So I just added a new link and I wanted to use this one as a good example of what the Scripts Index was intended for. So a member posted a good question and the thread is titled Alternatives to ANIM FAINT?

Lucky for him danno was quick to respond with a ready to use script he had already made. So it's danno's post I'm linking to in the scripts index.

Health Switch (switch anim based on HP)

If you look further in the post there are two other variations of the script posted by Bloodbane and maxman that serve a similar purpose. So there is actually three scripts posted there in one thread.

So the scripts index is mainly just bookmarks to these types of posts. There might be one or more scripts in one post, or the solution may be provided over multiple answers and script corrections from members.

If you see these types of posts in the future feel free to let me know and I will add them to the index.

:)

Back
Top Bottom