• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Beats of Rage Anniversary

a search for the word only revelas some cleaning agent and it seems that it is an alternate name for "lava girl"

anyway, my first experience with openbor was back in around 2005, i had bought a dreamcast and burned a bunch of game disks, a couple of them had beats of rage, a tmnt game and a bunch of final fights, i was hoping to play them with friends and family, but life got weird.....

I have been here in its scene since day 1. Lavalit was just the most stable forum, but before that, there was Borrevolution, Gamikaze, and many others. I might not be too much active in these forums because of that, it's been too many years. Good to see it's still alive and kickin' until God knows when, hopefully a couple of more years and then maybe something better, although I might stay using it for a couple of more projects and then that's it for me heh.

Did we forget all about its anniversary here? :ROFLMAO: Anyway... Happy Belated 20th Anniversary, Beats of Rage!

It's a shame nobody knows the date of OpenBOR's first release either in 2004 or 2005.

Technically it's December 30th 2004!

I have a fairly good memory of the events of that time as I kept all my emails and chat logs. You can also find BORRevolution, Gamikaze and BORGeneration on the Wayback machine if you need to clear up exactly who did what and when.

Hello @kirby2000, it's been a long time!

I didn't know anything about these games until about 2011. My interest was captured by the Bombergames Streets of Rage Remake (version 5. I couldn't run Version 4 for some reason). This was a fantastic and long-awaited revival of the SOR series. I then started downloading openbor games, mostly other Streets of Rage edits, I found links to on Youtube before moving on to other things. I tended to download a lot of Blaze Rhodon's edits as I thought he made the best playable characters. When I found the Rhythm of Destruction games in 2017 these was something completely new to me. I had very little knowledge of SNK games and naively thought the characters were all made by fans (the only one I recognised in Rhythm 2 was Geese, and that was only because my brother used to play Fatal Fury on the Genesis/Megadrive).

Why not... just make Kula? OpenBOR can do anything you can imagine now, and no one has ever really ported Kula over at her full potential. Crime Busters did her decent justice, but in a mundane sort of way.

DC
I made by own Kula from the Crime Busters version, as I wanted a playable Kula who could be ported to other games. The finished version is actually a cross between Crime Busters Kula and one of Blaze Rhodon's character folders from Final Rage Chaos.

Boy this is bringing me back... I think I joined the scene in 2005? I remember I had a hacked PSP and was looking for more games to play on it, and somehow discovered SX's PSP port. Dragons of Rage was the first mod I played, followed by the original until I started dabbling in my own.

Some of those old mods were great too, man. You guys remember that one with the fat kid and the grandpa in the wheelchair???

Honestly I just needed to pick a name and I'm terrible at naming stuff. But it was easy to remember and kind of rolled off the tongue. I still have the domain registered.... lol
Nappa-nit. LOL (Nappa of Dragon Ball Z series)

Back
Top Bottom