• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Solved Maki Genryusai Final Fight Arcade

Question that is answered or resolved.
I don't think she fits, I'd have to see her moving to be sure but just looking at the screenshot I'd say nah

Thanks danno, If it doesn't fit then I think there's no need to continue working on it.
Because making a lot of movements will be very difficult for me and spending a lot of time.

I've seen that version of Maki in Mugen. I think she fits. Just recolor her since KOF uses dull and lifeless colors.
This is exactly the maki version I'm trying to copy

Hmm.. ok I'll try to make some basic moves and try posting them back here
There's another KOF version of her and that one doesn't match with Final Fight aesthetics.
this version?

After seeing her move she does fit CPS1 actually, maybe remove a couple frames from her animations and give her palette a lil vibrance, KOF style looks cool too but definitely not.

lol she looks like a little girl in cps1.. most likely because I'm not good at this

Street Fighter 89 - 0028_500%.pngStreet Fighter 89 - 0018_500%.png

match her colors with other ff characters, skin in ff is desaturated when darker, try to copy color values from guy, he also wears red so it should work when youll copy that too

I usually get color palletes from other SNES titles like Lufia 2, Twin Bee, Parodius, Megaman, Aladdin and even the Capcom Mickey Mouse games.

Also not sure it is an error but the color on her legs don't match with the original one. The one with the black line it changes to like orange on certain frames.

lol she looks like a little girl in cps1.
Her size is great, just some proportions need a few extra pixels, I extended her thigh a little

JxvVSkR.png

see the difference?
most likely because I'm not good at this
You're great, I'm a big fan of your work and it takes a lot to impress me, there's always room for improvement so don't be too hard on yourself.

Here I have the video

All Maki settings I took from apescott final fight PC so it's likely that the movement will feel slow and may not fit perfectly with my mod

match her colors with other ff characters, skin in ff is desaturated when darker, try to copy color values from guy, he also wears red so it should work when youll copy that too
I usually get color palletes from other SNES titles like Lufia 2, Twin Bee, Parodius, Megaman, Aladdin and even the Capcom Mickey Mouse games.

Also not sure it is an error but the color on her legs don't match with the original one. The one with the black line it changes to like orange on certain frames.
Thanks guys
Yes details and colors haven't been fixed still just a test, animation is also still limited to basic movements
Her size is great, just some proportions need a few extra pixels, I extended her thigh a little
I agree, I'll probably try to fix it again later

*I will post here when there is an update

I'll help you edit her sprites if you want, she could do with being a touch taller, she shrinks quite a lot during her attacks, If she maintained her idle height through all her standing attacks her size would be less noticeable.

send me her sprites or where you got them from and I'll fix the colours for you.

Wow, many things changed here ^^
As I told you in message @machok I think I can handle it.
The conversion is not that hard to make and Maki have a small number of sprites.

Last edited:
This is exactly the maki version I'm trying to copy

Hmm.. ok I'll try to make some basic moves and try posting them back here

this version?
Personally, I think this version is just so-so. Compared with the former, it is totally different, not as good as the former.

I'll help you edit her sprites if you want, she could do with being a touch taller, she shrinks quite a lot during her attacks, If she maintained her idle height through all her standing attacks her size would be less noticeable.
It will be more beautiful if one of her black underwear is removed😆

Back
Top Bottom