• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

New official G.I. Joe game

O Ilusionista

Captain 80K
Oh, looks like there is a new G.I. Joe game coming in 2024 and its a beat em up: G.I. Joe: Wrath of Cobra
header.jpg

1693507163130.png
1693507419479.png
1693507432916.png

I saw that too before I came to this one. The graphics looks like the new TMNT style. First TMNT, then Toxic Crusaders, and now G.I. Joe.

They're really going to milk that TMNT template for all its worth aren't they....

You are forgetting double dragon 😆
Maybe not, but I was referring to the ones that have SIMILAR graphic style to TMNT. The latest Double Dragon is a different story for me, but I get what you mean. But I don't know what's the word for something that fits the criteria for that. What do you call it? Graphic Bandwagon? Milking with cash grabs or something?

Last edited:
IGN Fan Fest 2024 Trailer:

Yikes! That looks like... a bunch of whatever.

No weight, no impact, stiff animation, no true grappling, marionette puppet looking moves, mid card artwork, and generic music. The use of ranged weapons and lots of vs. vehicle combat seems kind of interesting I guess, but otherwise this just comes across very meh to me.

DC

So bland at all levels.
I'm not even curious to try it.
Just as @DCurrent said, they milk this TMNT template.
The only good thing I see there is the possibility to see more beat em ups in the next years.

But I'm asking myself, "who will actually like playing such a game"
Kids will think it's old crappy stuff, older gamers will feel like it's not worth playing, fans of GI Joe will be glad for 20 minutes then drops the game...

Something really makes me "angry" is the fact they all try to come back with "classic" licences seeing that TMNT has worked.
There is some effect of "me too, me too !!!" for any freaking licence...
and all this energy could have been used to create a new universe, new characters...
But yes, risk is not acceptable now.
Seriously making a game about GI Joe with so lame content is already a freaking "risk"...

Now I'm angry.
What's up next ? Muppet Babies beat em up ?
Ok, let's go... -_-

So bland at all levels.
I'm not even curious to try it.
Just as @DCurrent said, they milk this TMNT template.
The only good thing I see there is the possibility to see more beat em ups in the next years.

But I'm asking myself, "who will actually like playing such a game"
Kids will think it's old crappy stuff, older gamers will feel like it's not worth playing, fans of GI Joe will be glad for 20 minutes then drops the game...

Something really makes me "angry" is the fact they all try to come back with "classic" licences seeing that TMNT has worked.
There is some effect of "me too, me too !!!" for any freaking licence...
and all this energy could have been used to create a new universe, new characters...
But yes, risk is not acceptable now.
Seriously making a game about GI Joe with so lame content is already a freaking "risk"...

Now I'm angry.
What's up next ? Muppet Babies beat em up ?
Ok, let's go... -_-
In fact, Ninja Turtles appears to be a successful content, but it is disappointing that games released after it seem to use similar graphics and concepts. Even in the most recent work, Double Dragon Gaiden, I could feel the Ninja Turtles vibe. If all future belt scroll games are like this, I think we need to think about it.

I honestly think River City Girls doesn't look like the Kunio series either.

Well, I tried the recently released demo of G.I. Joe Wrath of Cobra for my channel.

As a child who had some toys from this cartoon in the 80s (here in Brazil it was called "Comandos em Ação"), I was excited when I saw the announcement for this game, but some things worried me.

Today, testing the game, I realized that my concerns were well founded. The game has good graphics, has a great dose of nostalgia... however it has serious gameplay problems, such as practically instantaneous recovery when you are hit, problems with the physics of jumping or when you throw enemies, etc.

I'm part of their Discord, where I saw a lot of people (including me) giving them feedback, pointing out the problems. I hope they listen to the beta testers.

As you can see in the video, the controls (I was playing via keyboard) simply stopped working.

I see potential in the product. But it's still quite raw...

80s (here in Brazil it was called "Comandos em Ação")
Yeah, good times, I remember when I had a cobra night raven kit.

Today, testing the game, I realized that my concerns were well founded. The game has good graphics, has a great dose of nostalgia... however it has serious gameplay problems, such as practically instantaneous recovery when you are hit, problems with the physics of jumping or when you throw enemies, etc.

I'm part of their Discord, where I saw a lot of people (including me) giving them feedback, pointing out the problems. I hope they listen to the beta testers.

As you can see in the video, the controls (I was playing via keyboard) simply stopped working.

I see potential in the product. But it's still quite raw...
I always imagined a "G.I. Joe" game in a run and gun style like Contra instead of a beat'em up. Looks like they used some SOR4 mechanics but badly applied.
The screen edge bouncing is too strong, and the instant aerial recovery really breaks the gameplay, this is exactly why I added a guard cost to it in the SORX.

Last edited:
I always imagined a "G.I. Joe" game in a run and gun style like Contra instead of a beat'em up.
I recall the was a G.I Joe on the Nes that played like Contra and it was epic as seen below.
Not a fan of what they currently putting out

I tryed this today

The game has some serious issue's for 1 my control pad would not work so had to play with Keyboard. Then when i got to the second stage the controls simply just stopped working altogether so i had to quit to the main menus then reload "You will see in the video when the controls stop working" Also the hit detection is some how off so is the jumping.

I simply found the stages drag on for too long and it just starts to get boring "For me anyway" It is a shame because the game look's stunning. Im sure they can fix some of these problems in future updates. But as it is now im going to give this a pass when it is released :(

I also noticed the control's not working for @

O Ilusionista so it seems like it is a common bug.​

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but I HATE when blades/swords/etc weapons don't make the opponent bleed, or also when those weapons sfx are like common punches, or even when it bounces back after hitting, like wth man...

Back
Top Bottom