• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Night Slashers X Rebalanced

In Progress Night Slashers X Rebalanced, 23A and variants info - Plasmid DNA in them vials edition.... 1.31

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
OK , for rebalance there is a version that was uncompressed, but some have reported that the unpackable version and the unpaked version have slight differences.

the ony way i would be absolutely sure, is to actually receive an Unpacked copy from Life of End, or actually take the time to uncompress the version here in the resources, try to extract it with pak-explorer and do a meticulous comparison between the alleged unpacked and the one here.
Unfortunately, i have not heard from him for about a year or more.

I have been busy editng new music, trying out new features, and designing a couple of new levels, and trying to find solutions for platform issues that will arise later on.
so for widescreen, i will definetely take a look, specially since i will do a bit of a cleanup and a possible re-work of the hitflashes.
If you need a full unpack of the last version of NS rebalanced 1.31, I can provide it.

@PHM2D

i am worried for me old comrade, his youtube channel has nothing new since 2 years ago.

@lanyer
are you sure , without a shadow of a doubt that it will be the cursed packed version? i have not taken the time to play Rebalance and take notes, so there is no way i could identify any slight differences by looking.

the only technique i know, is to analize folder by folder the file sizes, and then use notepad++ to compare every character or level .txt file that had different size.
its a pain in the ass process.
If so, then i will take the time to add the necessary fixes, and take a look at those hit boxes.

A list of entities to check would be nice, but to avoid spoilers try to PM those

in the meantime , i need some one to take a look at the scripted grabs in 23A to try to fix the invisible wall throw to the left, or if possible improve the codes to account for platforms below, other-wise my fancy new levels made up of platforms will break the throws and slams....

[用户=20600]@PHM2D[/用户]

我为我的老同志担心,他的youtube频道从两年前开始就没有什么新鲜事了。

@lanyer
你确定,毫无疑问这将是被诅咒的包装版本吗?我没有花时间玩 Rebalance 并做笔记,所以我无法通过观察来识别任何细微的差异。

我知道的唯一技术是逐个文件夹分析文件大小,然后使用 notepad++ 比较具有不同大小的每个字符或级别 .txt 文件。
这是一个痛苦的过程。
如果是这样,那么我将花时间添加必要的修复,并查看那些命中框。

要检查的实体列表会很好,但为了避免剧透,请尝试 PM 这些实体

与此同时,我需要有人看一下 23A 中的脚本抓取,以尝试修复左侧的隐形墙投掷,或者如果可能的话改进代码以考虑下面的平台,否则我的奇特新关卡将制作完成多个平台将打破投掷和猛击......

CJTVb2Kpx3hRMoUvE_288svQmz4=.gif

it seems that Rebalance and 23A will get a new character

If this is still being worked on (been 2 months since the last post in this thread), any chance the new character is Karnov? He happens to have a set of sprites that could work, and he makes a lot of cameos in Data East's games.

greetings @Scarlet Lupercalia

i dont know if i will be able to do much this year.
it started very stinky, with a 1gb hardrive failure, the need to find some real life work, and a blasted virus that has been bugging friends and fam for about a month now...
that and the fact that there is an actual new creature that the fam has been taking care of,
its like a Slimer, loads of fun, mess, and it may be pulling a morbius type deal on all adults around. relentless.....

i have considered Karnov at some point , (while i explored data east music scores back in 2019) , but he would need sprites from scratch. and cinema screens, and a fittin ending.

a whole data east "world tour" of sorts would be an interesting concept for a true expansion of the game. or maybe for a sequel, but the amount of spriting, art, music needed is on a level that its beyond the capacity of a brainlet like me.

maybe a room with 1 thousand 247 oldyz and a @DCurrent -based homunculus on a mason jar could crank it out in 3 thousand days...
but i digress once again.

my goal at mid january was to start expanding my skills on a mugen project, and simultaneously work on 4 new levels.. but the way things are going.... i think ill be lucky if i get a new multiparallax intro intro re-work, and 4 other minor goodies i been keeping since last october....

on the meantime, try the new bug fixes ont he 23A version, if you find a game-breaking bug feel free to share, and try to enjoy the game with friends and or family. Don't forget about @danno 's upcoming gem

Last edited:
salutations @axel

in version 23A, this warp stays open after the before last or last batch of elevator zombies get out of the elevator even if the stage scrolls a bit, you can still get out as long as you cansee most of the elevator

for rebalance its a little trickier, -if it is available- the warp will be there for about 5 to 9 seconds & dissapears -
so you have to kill the zombies that get out of the elevator and check to see if you can enter after the second batch of them onward

salutations @axel

in version 23A, this warp stays open after the before last or last batch of elevator zombies get out of the elevator even if the stage scrolls a bit, you can still get out as long as you cansee most of the elevator

for rebalance its a little trickier, -if it is available- the warp will be there for about 5 to 9 seconds & dissapears -
so you have to kill the zombies that get out of the elevator and check to see if you can enter after the second batch of them onward
Hi @oldyz ! Thanks for reply, im playing rebalance and not having lucky after trying it lot of times in different games... I dont know what im doing wrong. I try to enter always after the first and second batch, but no way.... Also, there are other secret levels in the game?

I try to enter always after the first and second batch, but no way.... Also, there are other secret levels in the game?
i will have to check the scripting, bu i am afraid that

rebalance took the alternate/bonus content and made it a game mode instead, so the elevator might have been deactivated.

23A has extra content and as far as i could see, only missing a monster, and about 7 other stuffs, but be warned , playing as Ortega 100% requires lots of skill

(it has been a personal challenge of mine, still cant do it, i have only completed 23A with Chris and Ash)

i will have to check the scripting, bu i am afraid that

rebalance took the alternate/bonus content and made it a game mode instead, so the elevator might have been deactivated.

23A has extra content and as far as i could see, only missing a monster, and about 7 other stuffs, but be warned , playing as Ortega 100% requires lots of skill

(it has been a personal challenge of mine, still cant do it, i have only completed 23A with Chris and Ash)

Thank you Oldyz, in 23a it works, but 23A its not for single player, the difficult is totally unbalanced and crazy. So i will back to rebalanced 1.31 from lanyer.

Greetings, thanks to @DDFernan

i have uploaded an experimental Dolphin .RAW file on the first post, featuring the 2019 version
search for "Dolphin"

Dolphin Emu Version
tested on dolphin emulator version 5.0-1067,
you need to use the homebrew channel and have the SD path configured to use the NightSlashersWii.RAW file as your virtual SD card
for best results, paste the NightSlashersWii.RAW file on the SD folder of your Dolphin emulator, go to settings-paths-SD card path: select NightSlashersWii.RAW
then go to FILE-OPEN and select Homebrew.Channel.-.OHBC.wad -

(if your dolphin emulator does not allow you to select the SD card, you need to download a nightly build and make a portable installation)

basically as a test to see how if the Dolphin emulator could be used for netplay multiplayer,
so far the game does load, and i got to level 2.

be aware that for netplay, the emulator must be portable, and all files must be identical on all of the participant's machines

Salutations Paisanos!

Netplay Version
experimental Dolphin Emulator package,
before playing

It is recommended to use the Dolphin button mapping to suit each player's needs
all players must use controller port 1

press Netplay button and Host the game, transversal server seems to work well, a code will be generated, host assigns port numbers once each player has joined

as guest , press Netplay button, enter your nickname, write the code provided by the host.

HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL:
host can press f1 to use a save state to skip the game load

Back
Top Bottom