• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Offset issue, please help, thank you

Bruce

Hello everyone,

First of all, I am sorry if this issue has already been asked.
I seem to have issues with the offset being persisted when performing a skill after an air combo in the air.
Everything works fine except the idle animation appears at the X offset from the first frame instead of the last offset of the freespecial23 below.
I don't know how to explain it, please look at the notes at frame 16 for details. Basically, the idle animation does not appear where the last X offset ends.

I captured these frames from another game, and most of the movements are all set without having to set the offset for each frame.
Also, if I set the offset for each frame, the animation won't look right or harder to set up the good offsets for them.

Does anyone know a way to have the idle animation appear at the the X offset from frame 16 which is 600 __ of the anim freespecial23?

Thank you very much

Code:
anim    freespecial23
    jumpframe 10 -4 5
    landframe 16
    quakeframe 16 6 15 # {frame} {loops} {intensity}
    hitfx     data/sounds/beat.wav
    hitflash    Flash
    fastattack 1
    attackone     0
    @cmd    changeentityproperty getlocalvar("self") "aiflag" "drop" 0
    @cmd    changeentityproperty getlocalvar("self") "aiflag" "falling" 0
    delay     4
    @cmd    dasher 2 4 0  # X Y Z
    bbox     0 0 0 0
    offset    838 506
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance01.png
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance02.png
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance03.png
    offset     792 548
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance04.png
    offset     770 632
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance05.png
    offset     755 619
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance06.png
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance07.png
    offset     773 619
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance08.png
    offset     700 604
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance09.png
    attack    0 0 0 0
    offset     650 608
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance10.png
    attack    580 255 346 342  5  100 1 0 10 50
    dropv     3 4
    offset     719 563
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance11.png
    attack    0 0 0 0
    offset     700 692
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance12.png
    attack    696 402 322 226  5  100 1 0 10 50
    dropv     3 4
    offset     660 675
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance13.png
    attack    0 0 0 0
    offset     730 780
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance14.png
    offset     643 924
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance15.png
    attack    670 659 312 241  10  100 1 0 10 50
    dropv     -5 4
    delay    999

# It does not matter what offset I have here,
    # frame 16 to 37 will still work with this offset, but the idle animation appears
    # at the X offset from frame 1 which is 838 __ after anim freespecial23 is finished
    offset     600 1020
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance16.png

delay    5
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance17.png
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance36.png
    frame    data/chars/Dante/SkyDance37.png

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation.

Are you done with the move or are you still going to tweak the offset?
There are 2 instances where Dante is out of place.
When the attack connects and just before he hit the ground.
What I suggested don't just apply to idle animation.
I'll show you a similar move with Ryu.
You got good eyes. I had to tweak offsets a bit to make it work. It is not perfect, but it looks good to me, so I am happy with it for now.
I think with another set of sprites for ice FX will look better.
That's why I said in the previous posts that these sprites are complicated because I captured the whole movement of the skills from another game.
This is reason why I posted the topic asking for help for a simple fix.

I have way too many sprites to deal with. If I want every skill to be perfect, my game won't be ready for 5 years lol because I am busy with other things in life.
I still have to create level designs with rain, snow, sun , mirror effects and summon levels. I already came up with the game design details and combo system.
I just need time to learn more about Openbor system and put them together. Of course, without this forum, my game can never be finished.

I want my game to be finished in a year and a half, so with help from the nice people on this forum, I think it is doable.

I want my game to be finished in a year and a half, so with help from the nice people on this forum, I think it is doable.
It is doable since they very helpful.
Once alignment is sorted out you need to focus on delays.I prefer to make moves from the ground up like seen in my videos.

If you have a demo sometime in the future and not satisfied with the alignment for Dante, I'll assist. That's the best quick fix I can offer you.

It is doable since they very helpful.
Once alignment is sorted out you need to focus on delays.I prefer to make moves from the ground up like seen in my videos.

If you have a demo sometime in the future and not satisfied with the alignment for Dante, I'll assist. That's the best quick fix I can offer you.
I can't do the skydance skill from the ground up as I have 3 skills connecting each other: EX wall splatter, Uppercut then cancel into another kills or Skydance while he is in the air.

Once I finish Dante, I will also capture his brother's sprites (Vergil) for team up and assist skills.
I probably haven't been setting up the whole animation properly as my learning was mostly from go_by of FF LNS game.
Maybe if I send you the sprites and the code, you can take a look and see what you can adjust?
This way I can take a look and see what I've been done wrong then learn from there.
Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom