• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Art Some pixels I want to show you

The thread is some time of visual artwork like sketch, painting, or sprite work.
Very nice. Only thing to say he seems to mave a bit like a ballerina.
Also the run animation is strange. (usually the more an arm go forwar, the more the opposite leg goes forward as well)
But the level of detail is great.

Shiva is fully recolored with his Ivan Petrov transformation:
LEBu0tn.png
tXhTe8f.png

I will add a rruning animation very soon ;)
How do you like these palettes for Shiva
Shiva palette pack.png
I tried's to choose different combinations of certain colors.
I think should like it :)

EebrSFS.png

BCJkyLY.png

UySQ3Qd.png

The idea behind this Bad Signal character is to make him a midboss.
He is slightly different with a skull instead of a bat on the back; has original and more powerful moves than Signal like:
- A roll followed by a slide
- A jump attack
- a block anim
- a projection where he first sends his target to the ground and then throws it in the other direction

Last edited:
Can you edit Signal's sprites to give him punch attacks? his pose suggests he could punch, similar to Two P and J from Final fight.

@Bloodbane: I revised the fur on the back attack and Bad Signal got two new punches attacks. I hope you like them ;).
Some revisions to Robot X:
y6HsOJ4.png

yP2HYyy.png

WG1ptVg.png

- Now Mr X has a standard skin color, not yellowish
- More details on the special attack for the pant
- Shoes are color separated
- Robot X has more a metallic aspect

Next step is to make a SOR3 Mr X version (the upper body).

Last edited:
A small update with a new special anim without electricity and some poses for a SOR3 MrX.
I think he can walk and run normally later.
Here are 2 versions of Robot X: a human one and another classic one. The idea is to fight the 1st form first, the upper body ignites and we attack the robotic version. What does @Kratus think of this? Thanks to @Shiva for help with shading and alterations to the jacket. The sprites are still far from perfect but the overall concept is there.

Last edited:
Ivan Petrov is updated with a correct running animation, some frames when he is taken hostage and a blue tie.
I noticed that the "real" General Petrov wears a blue tie and the fake one, a red tie (when Shiva takes his disguise)
CwfiJ9H.png

Last edited:
Just some coloring tests with Battle Chess sprites. They have potential to move to Openbor too :) :
kHog3mz.png

That's a really interesting idea @kimono. I wrote a grid generator some time back. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to expand that into a simple chess AI. Nothing too fancy, but at least enough to play a decent game with.

DC

Oh really ? Do you think it is possible to transpose the chess game to Openbor? That would truly be something magnificent!
If so, I can try to gather other graphic resources to complete this set.

Oh really ? Do you think it is possible to transpose the chess game to Openbor? That would truly be something magnificent!
If so, I can try to gather other graphic resources to complete this set.

Of course it is. That's exactly what I was talking about. Unfortunately I'm not the guy to do it. All my OpenBOR time has to go toward running the forum, engine code, and my own IP. I can't afford to get distracted into side projects any more. Sorry. :(

DC

Another bearded man, God Hand from the SOR1 concept characters. At the end of SOR3, we see Axel and Adam practicing karate so I assumed that God Hand is the master of these 2 protagonists:
59POlOY.png

We have here 2 versions, thanks to different palettes: one with decorations on the kimono and another without. I find the classic style simply perfect but I like having the choice; let's say the second is his demonstration outfit :)
zMiCJaD.png

G3B0CTa.png

I'd like to know what you think of his main moves and I just need some help with his running animation. Thank you for your comments and suggestions!
mgParHT.png

Last edited:
We have here 2 versions, thanks to different palettes: one with decorations on the kimono and another without. I find the classic style simply perfect but I like having the choice; let's say the second is his demonstration outfit :)
Nice work! I do prefer the version with the details because they add more uniquess to the design :)

Reactions: NED
Same here for the detailed version.
Also, what is the sprite base ?
For some reason it kind of reminds me of this Tae kwon do game on snes...

The original sprite came from Burning Fists on Sega CD (I uploaded it on Spriters Resource).

Reactions: NED
The original sprite came from Burning Fists on Sega CD (I uploaded it on Spriters Resource).
Oh, yeah, I remember this obscure game !
Thanks for the information.
Again, the idea is very good ! to take on the "origin" of Axel
Some thing for the equivalent of Adam and Blaze ?...

Also I like your custom sheets for Axel, Sammy, Max...
I wonder if you did something for Blaze as well...

Last edited:
Just some coloring tests with Battle Chess sprites. They have potential to move to Openbor too :) :
kHog3mz.png
Used to play this version of battle chess on the Amiga and the animations were amazing especially the castle turning into a golem.

Used to play this version of battle chess on the Amiga and the animations were amazing especially the castle turning into a golem.

Almost all the animations were collected in collaboration with Fuley-la-joo and me:
The next step would be to collect all the Battle Chess 2 pieces in order to have a second set available:
35ZtjPA.png

Oh, yeah, I remember this obscure game !
Thanks for the information.
Again, the idea is very good ! to take on the "origin" of Axel
Some thing for the equivalent of Adam and Blaze ?...

Also I like your custom sheets for Axel, Sammy, Max...
I wonder if you did something for Blaze as well...

Yes for Adam, I would see a link with Black Bird, heir to a rich family; for Blaze, Pink Typhoon would be a friend and the opportunity for an investigation into Chinatown.
Each character (God Hand, Black Bird, Pink Typhoon) could be introduced in a scripted stage and unlocked at the end of it.
It's true that I haven't finished SOR3 Blaze yet; Recolors require a high level of time to redo each pose correctly and any help possible is welcome:
QxtWGSQ.png

I already thank @Mr.Hunter and @seahorses for their respective investment on the SOR sprites. I love your work ;)

Back
Top Bottom