• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android)

In Progress Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) Beta 27

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.

Kratus

OpenBOR Developer
Staff member
Hey buddies!

As you may know, the game's name was changed from SOR2X to SORX and then I decided to create a new "post thread". Now it's official and the next version will start from 1.0.0 again. The SOR2X latest version will stay in v2.3.1.

Streets of Rage X fits better for the new game's purpose, which is to entirely port all original trilogy (including some unused content too) to OpenBOR, different from SOR2X that it's a port of the SOR2 game with the SOR3 content as an "expansion" only.

Each route now will have its own original history/endings, the fighting mechanic, graphic and sound effects will be closer to the original games to sound more "purist", but at same time updated with the latest features used by most recent fighting games.

In this video I will show a complete version of stage 6 on the SOR3 route. Certainly this was the most complex stage I ever made due to a lot of rooms, a variety of traps and different objectives to be completed. In addition, now you can save (or not) the General Petrov (BK3's history, not SOR3) and have a different ending.

Credits to @az8756251 (@pudu before the forum changes) for the SORX name suggestion long time ago.

Credits to "RE3Nfan" for a better Electra "walking" sprites with more frames, and to @pepodmc for let me know it.

The new explosion sprite looks and fits better with the rest of the sprites.
The stage looks very complete now, with the posibility to save the general.

You are doing gods work and more 🥲

Last edited:
Hi Kratus and thanks for this progress report. You can add if you wish a walking animation to Zamza and P-1 if you wish:
S3V7kYq.png
r2xnWML.gif

z1M48JU.png
TgvZOUe.png

Tell me if you need anything else for this game update ;) .

Amazing work as always buddy, just when I think streets of rage can't get any better you pull even more magic out of your hat.

Great stage 6! Now it feels much more fleshed out.

Some nitpicking:
View attachment 586
Finished wall behind the door controls.

Also it would make more sense if the doors could open to the right instead going up. Basement doors opening by going up is fine though.
Thanks. I agree with you about the wall's correction and door's movement, I will apply it.

Hi Kratus and thanks for this progress report. You can add if you wish a walking animation to Zamza and P-1 if you wish:
S3V7kYq.png
r2xnWML.gif

z1M48JU.png
TgvZOUe.png

Tell me if you need anything else for this game update ;) .
Nice Job, thanks buddy! I have only a few things to finish on the levels and after that we can focus on the characters.

You may want to work on the animations. Some of them feel stiff to watch.
Hello. What characters are you meaning exactly?

Last edited:
Hey buddies!

As you may know, the game's name was changed from SOR2X to SORX and then I decided to create a new "post thread". Now it's official and the next version will start from 1.0.0 again. The SOR2X latest version will stay in v2.3.1.

Streets of Rage X fits better for the new game's purpose, which is to entirely port all original trilogy (including some unused content too) to OpenBOR, different from SOR2X that it's a port of the SOR2 game with the SOR3 content as an "expansion" only.

Each route now will have its own original history/endings, the fighting mechanic, graphic and sound effects will be closer to the original games to sound more "purist", but at same time updated with the latest features used by most recent fighting games.

In this video I will show a complete version of stage 6 on the SOR3 route. Certainly this was the most complex stage I ever made due to a lot of rooms, a variety of traps and different objectives to be completed. In addition, now you can save (or not) the General Petrov (BK3's history, not SOR3) and have a different ending.

Credits to @az8756251 (@pudu before the forum changes) for the SORX name suggestion long time ago.

Credits to "RE3Nfan" for a better Electra "walking" sprites with more frames, and to @pepodmc for let me know it.

hi,do you have a download link for the latest streets of rage x game?thanks

hi,do you have a download link for the latest streets of rage x game?thanks

There's no download link for SORX, but SOR2X v2.3.1. The author just changed the name to SORX as a different project after releasing the latest version of SOR2X. Just wait until he releases it.

Fantastic work, Kratus!

Super hype for the new version, it's all looking good.

When you say there's going to be a different ending, could that possibly be a route where BK3/SoR3 Shiva is the last boss?

Buddies, sorry for the late reply. I had some personal problems but now everything is ok.

Hello.
Just for curiosity, about the next release, do you plan an "end of year" release, or you will release a new version sooner?
I can't define a release date yet, but a big part of the next planned updates are finished.
Currently I'm removing all original shadows from all sprites. It tooks more time than I expected because some character's feet need to be totally redrawn in every sprite.

Now the shadows will have two options in the extra menu, "projected" and "rounded". The only characters left to finish this task are related to level elements and vehicles, who will use custom shadow sprites for the "rounded" option. All enemies, bosses, heroes, partners, itens and obstacles are finished.

Except for the shadow task, the only big task left is the SOR1 enemies/bosses creation and addition in the correct levels. All others are related to adjustments, tests, and engine updates for the multilanguage support.

When you say there's going to be a different ending, could that possibly be a route where BK3/SoR3 Shiva is the last boss?
Yes, exactly. Now SOR3 route have 3 endings:

- Ending A (Good ending): Save General Petrov at the stage 6, defeat Shiva at the stage 7 and Neo X at the stage 8 before the bomb explodes
- Ending B (Bad ending 1): Save General Petrov at the stage 6, defeat Shiva at the stage 7 and Neo X at the stage 8 after the bomb explodes
- Ending C (Bad ending 2): Do not save General Petrov at the stage 6, defeat Shiva at the stage 7 and the game will end

And yes, now the final bomb is "timed" by using a countdown during the Neo X fight, same as the original game. You don't need to hit the last Neo X missile anymore.

Amazing work as usual, buddy. Yeah, the new name makes more sense with what you are doing.
The new waking sprites are pretty cool.
Thanks buddy :)
It's very good to know that you liked the new name.

The last task on level creation was finished. Now the two SOR3 bike levels were recreated and added to the game.
They will work the same as the original ones, and are organized in the same level order according to the original BK3/SOR3 "Level Selection" menu.

Plus I'm showing a preview of the new Shadow option in the Extra Menu. You can select between the "projected" or "rounded" types. Another new option in the Extra Menu is the "Route Change'', which allows the player to switch between all SOR1/2/3 routes during the "Stage Complete" screen.

In addition, I did a quick test with the new Max's slam moves: Full "Nelson" Slam, Twisted Slam and Body Slam.
Credits to "Luke K." for the new Max's sprites used on the custom slam moves.

Is the name been fixed or do we still have a chance to give you some other name options?
Did you mean the new SORX name? Yes, this name is official, but it would be good to know your suggestion too.

Wow, the newly added menu is very good. I like this car throwing oil drums. The content of this update has changed a lot.

Max new moves and anims are TOP.

I'm not so sure about the shadows... I think it would have been better just an option to deactivate projected shadows to play with the sprite based shadows only, like in the originals. Removing shadows from sprites could lead to deleting legit pixels from characters body. In SORR this happens A LOT...

EDIT: In fact, you can see what I said just in the new video. See attached pic.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Your bike stages are great and I like the knives throw too :) . I'm wondering if you will add the up, down and front attacks with the bikes?
Do you have all the sprites that you need?
The gfx shadows can be improved by simply lower the offset of these sprites.

Back
Top Bottom