• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.6.10

No permission to download
I think it doesn't seem to work right when there is a function "move" in the animation.
In fact, the tool is right and doing the right thing: since you used Move, the tool is displaying the entity shifting it's position 12px per frame, like the engine does.

It's better to align the sprites before using "move" - so you can comment or delete the "move" line, align it and then restore the move

In fact, the tool is right and doing the right thing: since you used Move, the tool is displaying the entity shifting it's position 12px per frame, like the engine does.

It's better to align the sprites before using "move" - so you can comment or delete the "move" line, align it and then restore the move
You are right, but maybe he can add an option to enable/disable the "move" . It is not a big deal, I can always remove the "move" before opening the tool.
It is just more convenient to have to the option to enable/disable while working on the offset :)

Thank you

I could swear this is already an option (I double checked it). I agree with you, this could be an option :)
Yeah I thought there might already be an option too, but it looks like there isn't haha

But anyway I'll make it so that you can set offset properly despite move simulation being on.

Right now I think it may work when increasing/decreasing numerical values of offset (or setting a manual value), but not when using cursor.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "data\__init__.py", line 618, in getLines

File "encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode

UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 3822: character maps to <undefined>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "gui\project\__init__.py", line 170, in projectClicked

File "gui\project\__init__.py", line 119, in loadProject

File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 150, in loadProject

File "gui\main\fileselector.py", line 834, in loadLibrary

File "data\__init__.py", line 628, in getLines

File "encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode

UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 3822: character maps to <undefined>
I would really like the ability to use this editor with my Castlevania project, but it has never been able to load in any version of this editor and I'd like to know why. I've been able to load other projects of mine without issues. Older versions would just instantly close, at least I now have an error message to show you. This is version 0.5.26 (08/04/24).

I would really like the ability to use this editor with my Castlevania project, but it has never been able to load in any version of this editor and I'd like to know why. I've been able to load other projects of mine without issues. Older versions would just instantly close, at least I now have an error message to show you. This is version 0.5.26 (08/04/24).

One of your files (probably models.txt) is encoded in a way that CMT can"t recognize (probably some special chars in it). Send me the models.txt and I'll add support for it ;)

Piccolo updated Chronocrash Modders Tools with a new update entry:

Changelog 0.5.27

ANIMATION EDITOR :

- Added a checkbox to toggle "move command preview"
- Now whether move preview is enabled or not, setting visual property visually (offset, attack/body boxes, range...) will be adjusted properly @Bruce

- Fixed range 3D preview (it was messed up since I made adjustments to 3D objects recently)

OTHER :

- Added a fallback method to continue loading files that have minor encoding errors @Viper Snake

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey buddy, I haven't tested the last version yet, but I gave a try to the "quick switch to" feature... and I just had the same bug as before: some files aren't updated when you save them. Better saying, the WRONG files got saved.

I was updating a file, but I kept getting the wrong animation in-game
1713625418407.png

The line in red were mofied like 4 times to this:
@cmd spawnPosAni "textControl" 240 0 50 "ANI_FOLLOW13" 1

And I saved the file. Yet, the game displayed the wrong animation (follow14 instead of follow13).
Then when I closed the tool and opened it again, I realized the file weren't modified at all. Yet, the wrong file got updated.

To give you some context: I had two projects opened - PDC2 and MMPR.
Both has an entity with the same name and path -
aplayercontrol - data/chars/misc/aplayercontrol.txt

I was working on MMPR and thenI just opened the PDC project to copy a code from another entity, and I haven't touched the "aplayercontrol" on that project.
Then I used the quick switch to go to the MMPR project - In other words, I was jumped back to the project I was working initially.

But instead of saving my modifications on the MMPR project, according to dropbox log, the tool saved them on the PDC project.

I am pretty sure I was on the right entity because I already had this issue on the past and, since them, I never use this tool to avoid cases like this. I just gave it a try today, and the same issue happened again. This is something which cannot happen - maybe you can add some rule to check which project is active when saving?

Hey,

Just to be sure you realize that switching project doesn't automatically close the opened files ? It just changes the library of files that is available from the library panel.

So if you open a character file from project A, then switch to project B, in which there is the same character, you have to be careful if you want to edit the character from project B or A, because both will be available.

They will not be listed in the same folder though. Whether in the tree structure, or with the tooltip when hovering the name of the file (it will reveal the full path). The one in the library will point to the one of the current project.

But if you modify the character from project A, then it's normal that it won't update the character from project B.

I remember testing this months ago when you first reported this issue and could never get the app itself to mix files from two different projects. It's very unlikely to happen because the opened files are not opened relative to the current project, they are opened using their absolute path. So switching project doesn't impact them, they keep their absolute path. Even if files have the same basename, it's like they have totally different names because their absolute path is not the same. If the app could mix files with the same name, it could also mix files with different names, and we don't see it. So I'm inclined to assume the mix-up is from the user.

I'm not saying what you describe is impossible but if it does indeed happen it is through some very specific bug (probably involving animation editor).

To avoid mix-ups I could add an option to automatically clear opened files when switching project (but then you won't be able to modify files from multiple projects at the same time).

As for the virus alert, I googled the one you linked and it's known as a false positive. So I wouldn't worry about that.

But if you modify the character from project A, then it's normal that it won't update the character from project B.
That is the question: I just had copied stuff from the project A and was working on project B (I checked the tree files)

@Piccolo I will send you soon an example of what happened last night: the tool is corrupting some files (better saying, its duplicating some stuff on the stages automatically).
I was recording a video yesterday and out of the blue I saw two boss on the same stage. When I check the stage, somehow, the tool duplicated a lot of stuff I had on the stage alread (removing all the commentaries in the process).

Luckly, I work on dropbox so I can access mutiple versions of the same content.

But this is very weird.

@Piccolo I will send you soon an example of what happened last night: the tool is corrupting some files (better saying, its duplicating some stuff on the stages automatically).
I was recording a video yesterday and out of the blue I saw two boss on the same stage. When I check the stage, somehow, the tool duplicated a lot of stuff I had on the stage alread (removing all the commentaries in the process).

Luckly, I work on dropbox so I can access mutiple versions of the same content.

But this is very weird.
This is less surprising to me, the level editor had very little testing thus far so I'm not surprised stuff like this can happen. Just have to pin down the break conditions.

Just received these errors while opening a couple of files from the X-Men project.

Code:
  File "gui\main\fileselector.py", line 1017, in loadItem
  File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 186, in loadFile
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 276, in loadFile
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 285, in loadLines
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 1658, in loadLines
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 1100, in loadBackground
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero

Code:
  File "gui\level\__init__.py", line 200, in actualizeEntities
  File "gui\level\items.py", line 455, in actualizeFrame
AttributeError: 'Entity' object has no attribute 'timer'

Every time I open any level file without modifying them, I get this message when I close this program.

The following documents have been modified. Do you want to save them before closing?

I didn't modify anything. I just look at it. Maybe the only time I "modified" it was to only open a level file? Weird. I have to close it without saving them.

All the levels from one project that I opened didn't display all backgrounds and layers except entities in the level tab. It didn't happen with switching projects though. Sometimes, they display. Sometimes, they don't. But I don't remember how it happened like that. I closed the program, reopened it, and went back to one specific level I work, and all background layers are back.

I didn't modify anything. I just look at it. Maybe the only time I "modified" it was to only open a level file? Weird. I have to close it without saving them.
I explained this before but in most cases it's just because the file you opened was not edited first with CMT and there are minor formatting differences that doesn't affect content.

To give you a concrete example CMT use space as spacer between commands params. So say, if you open a file with two spaces or a tab between commands params, the file will be considered altered. But the difference is not relevant.

All the levels from one project that I opened didn't display all backgrounds and layers except entities in the level tab. It didn't happen with switching projects though. Sometimes, they display. Sometimes, they don't. But I don't remember how it happened like that. I closed the program, reopened it, and went back to one specific level I work, and all background layers are back.
Well that probably explains it, as they are only relative paths in level files, if you open a level file from a different project than the current one, the images won't be previewed properly as the paths will be read from the root of the current project.

For now CMT only allows preview of anims and levels of the current loaded project.

This is less surprising to me, the level editor had very little testing thus far so I'm not surprised stuff like this can happen. Just have to pin down the break conditions.
I never had this issue before - this started after I downloaded the 0.5.27 version.

I never had this issue before - this started after I downloaded the 0.5.27 version.
Yes I'm not surprised, if you look back a few posts in the past, maxman had somewhat similar issues. Basically the support for single line @script @end_script (added in 0.5.25 I think) created new bugs in level editor. I fixed one (reported by maxman) in 0.5.27 but seems like there are still others.

I'll compare with the pre 0.5.25 code to see what changed exactly, hopefully I'll find the cause

Basically the support for single line @script @end_script (added in 0.5.25 I think) created new bugs in level editor
If so, I would suggest you to remove this.
its not a big deal to not have support to something like that, since a stable level editor would be way more valuable than single line script.

I use script on this stage, but they aren't single line:
C-like:
spawn sandfx
@script void main() {
   performattack(getlocalvar("self"), openborconstant("ANI_FOLLOW2"));
} @end_script
coords 480 195 0
map 1
at 400

Back
Top Bottom