• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.6.10

No permission to download
I tried to make a fresh test (I always use CMT on the same folder) and upon running the tool from this new folder, I can't see this bug anymore.

I see the platforms are flipped but at least they aren't flipping everytime I go to Level tab
View attachment 7425

Maybe it was some conflict with the old settings/files? Its funny because even on a new folder, the tool already listed the same projects I had on the other instalation.
Where CMT saves its files?
This is very weird. CMT stores settings in this folder : ChronoCrash Modders Tools

But it's the same whatever the folder CMT is in. It's shared. So that can't explain this behavior (and this is why even on a different folder you see the same projects).

I thought about that the settings issue as well, but when I reviewed the settings I didn't see one that could explain this behavior. But maybe I missed one, I didn't look that thoroughly.

The positive thing is I got the same result as your last screenshot. But from my understanding this result is correct because platforms are actually flipped in the text content of level. Maybe you didn't flip them yourself but remember that's why I removed one of the last update and insisted on not uploading it back when you asked for it. It was changing flip values when going from text to level and level to text.

So first thing first are you sure you were using the right update last time you did tests ? I ask because I don't understand right now how changing the folder of CMT (keeping the same version) would change how it renders levels (because again, the settings and all are independent of the folder in which CMT is in).

So first thing first are you sure you were using the right update last time you did tests ? I ask because I don't understand right now how changing the folder of CMT (keeping the same version) would change how it renders levels (because again, the settings and all are independent of the folder in which CMT is in).
Yes, I am using the latest version. I just saved it into a different folder.
Now I've erased the content of the old folder and moved the new version there, and its working.

But from my understanding this result is correct because platforms are actually flipped in the text content of level. Maybe you didn't flip them yourself
I know, this is not a problem, I can flip them myself :)

Now I've erased the content of the old folder and moved the new version there, and its working.
Hum ok then maybe this could be explained by some files from two versions (old and new) getting mixed and producing the behavior you had.

In general it's not an issue to overwrite content to apply the update (instead of removing all files before unpacking the new version), but I guess in rare conditions it can cause issues like this.

Anyway good if it's working now :)

Code:
@script void self = getlocalvar("self"); changeentityproperty(self, "velocity", (getentityproperty(self, "direction") == 1) ? 7 : -7, 0, 0);@end_script
you put it into animation and you wont be able to see any frames properly, , i mean you can see frames but theyre not from this animation and you cant edit any boxes. i removed this script and suddenly i could see frames normally.
I know that pretty much nobody writes scripts like these but they do work in the engine so imo should work in chronotools too.

Code:
@script void self = getlocalvar("self"); changeentityproperty(self, "velocity", (getentityproperty(self, "direction") == 1) ? 7 : -7, 0, 0);@end_script
you put it into animation and you wont be able to see any frames properly, , i mean you can see frames but theyre not from this animation and you cant edit any boxes. i removed this script and suddenly i could see frames normally.
I know that pretty much nobody writes scripts like these but they do work in the engine so imo should work in chronotools too.
You're right. Right now CMT expects at least the "@script" and @"end_script" to be on separate lines. I'll allow single line in next update.

Hey buddy.
Would it be possible to be able to change hole colors, as we can with walls?
Because since the hole color is grey, it can be difficult to see it in some stages:

1709734355256.png
It would be good if we could change the hole color too, not only the lines around it.

btw, when you change those colors, they affect only walls, not holes
1709734413938.png

@Piccolo
hey buddy, I am having an issue with comments on the last build.

If I have comments at the end of the line like this on a stage:
1710338780587.png

Then to to LEVEL tab and return to the text tab, the comments are gone:
1710338812033.png

Is there a way to prevent this? This just happens if you let the comment in the end of the line.
But I remember I use it like this before

Also, when clicking on a wall, changing its Zoffset and hitting update, nothing happens, as you can see in this video

Last edited:
@Piccolo
hey buddy, I am having an issue with comments on the last build.

If I have comments at the end of the line like this on a stage:
View attachment 7510

Then to to LEVEL tab and return to the text tab, the comments are gone:
View attachment 7511

Is there a way to prevent this? This just happens if you let the comment in the end of the line.
But I remember I use it like this before

Also, when clicking on a wall, changing its Zoffset and hitting update, nothing happens, as you can see in this video
Hey, yeah globally it should work but for some types of lines that are reconstructed (likes wall lines) I forgot to make sure to put back comment at the end. It probably never worked before for wall lines, but worked (and still work) for other types of lines. I'll fix this in next update.

Piccolo, I have a problem with the level text editor every time I open the level tab. I'm using version 0.5.25 for this. At first, I have the text tab open and there are spawn scripts that are in script tags for any spawned entities in levels. Next, I open the level tab to view the background layers and stuff, but when I go back to the text tab, the scripts that were there inside the script tags are all gone, leaving only blank spaces. I always have to close the program without saving it because of it.

I have a suggestion for the search box in the character editor. In the animation editor, you see a search box when you move to the list of character animations there. You type and press enter to view an animation name whether it exists or not in the search box. But when you backspace all the way leaving only the cursor for going back to viewing the animation list, you just have to press enter for viewing the animation list again. Is it okay to have all animations open to view after pressing backspace all the way to the end without having to press enter?

Piccolo, I have a problem with the level text editor every time I open the level tab. I'm using version 0.5.25 for this. At first, I have the text tab open and there are spawn scripts that are in script tags for any spawned entities in levels. Next, I open the level tab to view the background layers and stuff, but when I go back to the text tab, the scripts that were there inside the script tags are all gone, leaving only blank spaces. I always have to close the program without saving it because of it.

I have a suggestion for the search box in the character editor. In the animation editor, you see a search box when you move to the list of character animations there. You type and press enter to view an animation name whether it exists or not in the search box. But when you backspace all the way leaving only the cursor for going back to viewing the animation list, you just have to press enter for viewing the animation list again. Is it okay to have all animations open to view after pressing backspace all the way to the end without having to press enter?
Hum that's a pretty bad bug, probably new and introduced in the recent revision where I adjusted the script interpreter to accept single line scripts. I'll upload a quick update in the hour.

As for the other issue, there is already an option for that : Options -> "Search on text change (without pressing enter)"

Hey Piccolo. I tried to open this latest version of it, but I cannot open it like before. I only get this window pop-up here in a few seconds and it disappears. I don't know what's happening to this. Do I need to click on reset-data.exe for this?

some issue.png

I can open the previous versions, but not the latest one.

Hey Piccolo. I tried to open this latest version of it, but I cannot open it like before. I only get this window pop-up here in a few seconds and it disappears. I don't know what's happening to this. Do I need to click on reset-data.exe for this?

View attachment 7656

I can open the previous versions, but not the latest one.
Thanks for the report. I have the same issue so you don't need to do anything I'll post an update soon. It's an issue with the Windows packaging.

@Piccolo, when you have time, can you please take a look at this?
I had move 12 in one of the animations, and I was trying to set up the offset for each frame. Somehow I had trouble getting the right offset values with the tool.
I think it doesn't seem to work right when there is a function "move" in the animation.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom