• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android)

In Progress Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) Beta 27

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
No, but does it require uninstalling v25 before installing 27? 😩
There's no way to export and import the save progress?
@blasphemus24
Like Ilu said, there's a considerable amount of change between versions especially during the beta state and you can have several problems if the same save file is used.
However, at least during beta you only need to clear the game once to unlock everything.

No, but does it require uninstalling v25 before installing 27? 😩
There's no way to export and import the save progress?
I'm using the saves from v25 on v27, but on the PC everything is working normally but I don't recommend it, there are some things going on that I don't think were supposed to be like this, with resistance mode activated and the route and character selection I've been playing until stage 5 selecting o as 1,2,3 then 1,2 from stage 5 on the sor2 route if I select to change to the sor1 route the route continues sor2 but the enemies are sor1, after finishing stage 8 the game restarts at stage 1 of the next route i.e. the game doesn't end if I don't select the sor3 route in stage 8 the game is infinite

from stage 5 on the sor2 route if I select to change to the sor1 route the route continues sor2 but the enemies are sor1
@Henki In this case, did you try to change to sor1 stage 6 after clearing sor2 stage 5? I will try to replicate it to see if it's a bug, maybe I should lock endurance if the route change option is active, it does not make too much sense to change routes if you want to play all the three routes in sequence.
Thanks for the feedback :)

@Henki In this case, did you try to change to sor1 stage 6 after clearing sor2 stage 5? I will try to replicate it to see if it's a bug, maybe I should lock endurance if the route change option is active, it does not make too much sense to change routes if you want to play all the three routes in sequence.
Thanks for the feedback :)
I tested it after completing stage 6 from 5 to 6, I think it works, I think the possibility of playing in infinite mode is interesting, I think resistance mode can have the unlimited option in addition to the normal one, about the enemies from sor1 to sor2, the route seems interesting. It would also be to select which sor will be the enemies, I'm still going to organize her to send some suggestions later, another thing I noticed is sometimes I don't know if it's every time after finishing stage 5 in sor 2 and sor3 and going to sor 1 stage you do both stages 6 and proceeds to stage 7 there go afterIMG_20240421_184201_147.jpgThis image shows the result of a few hours playing, changing the route without passing stage 5 on the sor 3 route, thus ending up on the sor1 or sor2 route and thus restarting at stage 1

So tonight i tried to play the game (VBOX) but the sor.exe file mysteriously vanished from the folder and desktop icon disappeared. I then tried to copy the exe from the zip package i still had saved, and it gave an error saying that it contains a virus. This occurred on my AMD machine. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if it effects the other two Intel ones.

I tested it after completing stage 6 from 5 to 6, I think it works, I think the possibility of playing in infinite mode is interesting, I think resistance mode can have the unlimited option in addition to the normal one, about the enemies from sor1 to sor2, the route seems interesting. It would also be to select which sor will be the enemies, I'm still going to organize her to send some suggestions later, another thing I noticed is sometimes I don't know if it's every time after finishing stage 5 in sor 2 and sor3 and going to sor 1 stage you do both stages 6 and proceeds to stage 7 there go afterView attachment 7712This image shows the result of a few hours playing, changing the route without passing stage 5 on the sor 3 route, thus ending up on the sor1 or sor2 route and thus restarting at stage 1
lol :ROFLMAO: 5872 KO and more than 18 millions score!! No one will be able to beat this record hahaha, I really appreciate your patience and dedication playing the game during this huge amount of time.

I think the possibility of playing in infinite mode is interesting
For now I locked the "route change" option if "endurance" is enabled, but the concept is not bad. Maybe we can elaborate it in a proper way in future updates without needing to use bugs, something like endurance playing routes 1/2/3 in sequence but restarting the game at the end of the SOR3 route.
This way you can play infinitely and I can add a message asking if you want to continue or not. Certainly it's a crazy idea, but not bad.

send some suggestions later
Thanks, I would like to see your suggestions.

This image shows the result of a few hours playing, changing the route without passing stage 5 on the sor 3 route, thus ending up on the sor1 or sor2 route and thus restarting at stage 1
I still do not understand exactly how you made it. Did you need to beat Robot X and then change to SOR1 or 2 route or you need to skip the SOR3 stage 5 completely? There's no code to make the game back to the first stage at the stage 5, maybe it can be really related to a bug in the saves folder.

So tonight i tried to play the game (VBOX) but the sor.exe file mysteriously vanished from the folder and desktop icon disappeared. I then tried to copy the exe from the zip package i still had saved, and it gave an error saying that it contains a virus. This occurred on my AMD machine. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if it effects the other two Intel ones.
Yeah, this randomly happens to me too, the only way to avoid it is by adding the exe to the exceptions list in your antivirus software. This is due to some embedded files inside the exe, there's a consensus between most antivirus developers to block any embedded executable even if it's not malicious.

I added it. First I had to exclude the exe extension because it wouldn't show the exe in exclusions. Then I had to add the file.

Hi Kratus,
I know you include the required openbor engines on your download however is it possible to include the version details for the engine as I am trying to get this to work on batocera. We are only using the official release which is at 7533

Ty

Hi Kratus,
I know you include the required openbor engines on your download however is it possible to include the version details for the engine as I am trying to get this to work on batocera. We are only using the official release which is at 7533

Ty
Hi @zuluuk. You can check the build used by the SORX versions at the bottom/right part of the main menu.

1713836667228.png

I just found this project! I am absolutely ecstatic. Thank you so much for making the Rebellion mode, it is a blast with friends, especially when we all play horrible characters.
Hi friend, I'm glad you like the game :)

it is a blast with friends, especially when we all play horrible characters
Yeah 😅 this is exactly the purpose of this mode, having fun with enemies and their limited moveset. I always have good laughs while playing in this mode with my friends too.

Hi friend, I'm glad you like the game :)

Yeah 😅 this is exactly the purpose of this mode, having fun with enemies and their limited moveset. I always have good laughs while playing in this mode with my friends too.
Would it be possible to put the base characters in the character select? I love the idea of doing goofy stuff as Donovan while someone else clobbers.

No no, I mean, as in Axel, Zan, ETC.
I made it separate because the main experience is focused on the 6 heroes and everything was planned to be balanced. The Rebellion is just an extra mode to have fun with enemies, but it's very unbalanced.
In addition, if I mix heroes/enemies I would "kill" the arcade mode because it's basically the same as rebellion but with a lot more characters.
The CPU partner has all characters but it's different because you will play alone but with an A.I. controlled character, adding a different experience from the other modes.

Yeah, it's finally happening :)

Thanks to @seahorses by the perfect "run" sprites based on the SOR3 version, and Luke K. by super/rage sprites.
Congratulations on this SOR2 Axel, it seems fantastic to play and so nostalgic to finally find it on Openbor :D.
Do you think SOR2 Blaze and Eddie will arrive too?
Who is this NPC character at the very beginning of the game, a reference to the game box?
Here's an image you could use as an intermediate screen
sor2-art-1.jpg

Congratulations on this SOR2 Axel, it seems fantastic to play and so nostalgic to finally find it on Openbor :D.
Thanks buddy :)

Do you think SOR2 Blaze and Eddie will arrive too?
Yes, SOR2 Blaze, Max Beta and Sammy.

Who is this NPC character at the very beginning of the game, a reference to the game box?
This is a Yuzo Koshiro's reference made by MetaruPX.

Back
Top Bottom