• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Solved Avi to webm software?

Question that is answered or resolved.

machok

What do you guys use to convert avi to webm to get the best quality? Is there any trick for this?
Cannot use gif.animation too many frames
I tried using a Movie Maker but the conversion is blurry
yes this is for the ending scene.. any suggestion is very welcome

*when using animated .gif for ending also need to be indexed? 😮

I use a software that is called Any Video Converter. If you want a higher quality and convert with it, the file is going to create a larger size. You can give it a try.

EDIT: I convert from Avi straight to WebM file (if you choose a high quality you want).

Last edited:
@maxman
@kimono
Thanks guys both of them are really good quality much better than movie maker but still not enough (not like .gif animation). I record the .avi using fbneo emulator
hmm maybe my file which wasn't so good from the start?

Yes, it turned out to be my fault. I've recorded it with other software. with full HD resolution
and now webm convert looks nice, think it's solved now.
If you need webm converter, both maxman and kimono suggestions up there are pretty good choice.

@machok you can use an online tool too Online Video Converter - FreeConvert.com
I use it and its great.

They have a tool to compress video online, so you neeed to compress to a certain size (like 8mb Discord free limit), you can use this Video Compressor | Reduce Video File Size Online
Wow the quality is beast, no blur at all even in transition thank you Ilu (y)
When do you usually use a video compressor? the webm files that have been converted when compressed be reduced in quality?

@O Ilusionista
do we have limit size to use webm? strangely when I convert using freeconvert.com the file can't run on openbor, size is 24,3mb
but if I convert using something else it works because it has smaller size? (20,6mb)

*edit: no, I just split them into two but openbor still can't run it. too bad ☹️

Last edited:
be sure to use vp8 codec and ogg audio then you should not have any issues
Thank you so much 😘 Turns out it was the audio
so I follow your info and use obb files separately
I turn off the audio while converting and now webm can run well even though it's 80mb in size.

I know this is solved already, but I also wanted to throw another tool in the hat for those interested. XMedia Recode is a free robust video/audio converter. It converts like just about EVERYTHING:

https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/

I did a tutorial on how it's used to convert(in my case .mp4, but will convert anything) a file to .webm:

Back
Top Bottom