• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.5.31

No permission to download
I know, but the code for single line script is entangled with the code for multiple lines script
I've sent you by DM the stage files.
from what I saw, the tool duplicated - at the end of the file - all the spaws after the first spawn with an script:
Code:
spawn   zoomout
coords 240 236
@script void main() {
   setglobalvar("morphStatus",0);
} @end_script
at 0

I've sent you by DM the stage files.
from what I saw, the tool duplicated - at the end of the file - all the spaws after the first spawn with an script:
Code:
spawn   zoomout
coords 240 236
@script void main() {
   setglobalvar("morphStatus",0);
} @end_script
at 0
Interesting thanks, was gonna ask your for the files.

It would make sense that the bug occurs because of the script so probably a good lead

So good news and plot twist the bug is actually not related to the single line script changes, but to corrections I made to the script detector while implementing it.

Here the correction creates the bug lol

Basically while reworking the script detectors of level editor, I realized that there was a typo that made scripts ignored altogether. Because it was ignored it wasn't creating issues. But still I fixed it, and now that the script is actually processed it creates the bug you have because the multi-lines script parser in CMT level editor never accepted

Code:
} @end_script

as closing "line"

only

Code:
@end_script

I'll change that and it will probably be it

@Piccolo Hey man, I don't know if it was already added but would be nice if we can use ctrl+left click and/or holding shift+up/down arrows to select multiple items (like Windows explorer) in the library and open all of them at the same time when double clicked (or maybe if enter is pressed). Currently I need to select one, click to open, then go back to the library and open another, and so on.

Another good feature is if the last search is maintained, so I could switch between tabs without needing to make the search again (unless I clear it).

And would be helpful if the editor memorizes the last animation selected and maintains it if the entity is changed in case the next one also has the same animation as the previous. Sometimes I want to compare bbox/atbox quickly but I need to change the animation as soon as I change the entity.

@Piccolo Hey man, I don't know if it was already added but would be nice if we can use ctrl+left click and/or holding shift+up/down arrows to select multiple items (like Windows explorer) in the library and open all of them at the same time when double clicked (or maybe if enter is pressed). Currently I need to select one, click to open, then go back to the library and open another, and so on.

Another good feature is if the last search is maintained, so I could switch between tabs without needing to make the search again (unless I clear it).

And would be helpful if the editor memorizes the last animation selected and maintains it if the entity is changed in case the next one also has the same animation as the previous. Sometimes I want to compare bbox/atbox quickly but I need to change the animation as soon as I change the entity.

Hey, gotcha I'll work on this soon, probably tomorrow, should not take much time. I'll probably make the last two optional (search maintained and memorize last animation) as I can imagine some users wanting to keep the way it currently works.

Hey, gotcha I'll work on this soon, probably tomorrow, should not take much time. I'll probably make the last two optional (search maintained and memorize last animation) as I can imagine some users wanting to keep the way it currently works.
Great, thanks buddy :)

@Piccolo I am testing the newest update and so far, so good :)

I have a question: do you plan to fix the font preview tool?
Right now, it outputs the text with a kerning (space between letters)
1714097204615.png

bigger than it really is in-game:

pdc - 0026.png
If you see the letter "d" you will notice the weird kerning on it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Piccolo updated Chronocrash Modders Tools with a new update entry:

Changelog 0.5.29

Animation Editor :

- Added a feature "Anim memory mode", with three options
- Option "Reset to idle" : when switching entities, the new entity will reset to idle animation (this was the default in previous versions of CMT)
- Option "Restore entity last anim" : when switching entities, the new entity will retain the last animation and frame you left it with (this is the new default as of now)
- Option "Match with previous entity" : when switching entities, the new entity will try to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried the new font preview. It's bette now, but not quite how the engine displays it.
Here is a bigger screenshot to compare both:
1714137135952.png

From what I see, the engine crops any empty space between the words.
I know there is a monospace setting, but I am not using using it - IOW, the engine is working on variable width:

fontmonospace {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8}

• This command sets whether font# is monospaced or not.
  • {1} refers to font.gif, {2} refers to font2.gif and so on.
  • Accepted values for them are:
    • 0 = Variable width font (default).
    • 1 = Monospaced.
So this is why you see some empty space on the preview tool but not on the engine.

If I turn on the FONTMONOSPACE, then the engine uses the full slot width as the spacing:
1714137447932.png

Maybe there could be an option to check if you want it to be displayed monospaced (so it uses the cell witdh as the spacing) or not (stripping out any empty space)?

Btw, the font is
  • Font size 144x144 for letters with 9x9 pixels

Last edited:
I tried the new font preview. It's bette now, but not quite how the engine displays it.
Here is a bigger screenshot to compare both:
View attachment 7754

From what I see, the engine crops any empty space between the words.
I know there is a monospace setting, but I am not using using it - IOW, the engine is working on variable width:

fontmonospace {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8}

• This command sets whether font# is monospaced or not.
  • {1} refers to font.gif, {2} refers to font2.gif and so on.
  • Accepted values for them are:
    • 0 = Variable width font (default).
    • 1 = Monospaced.
So this is why you see some empty space on the preview tool but not on the engine.

If I turn on the FONTMONOSPACE, then the engine uses the full slot width as the spacing:
View attachment 7755

Maybe there could be an option to check if you want it to be displayed monospaced (so it uses the cell witdh as the spacing) or not (stripping out any empty space)?
Yeah I figured there was going to be little differences. Really didn't think the engine stripped all spaces though. At first when implementing cropping/variable width, I tried it like this, but with the font I used it seemed obviously weird to no have any empty space, so I added 2px of space between letters and it looked better. But guess I was wrong.

At least the fix is very easy I just have to remove the 2px of spacing I added.

And yes I can probably add the option for monospace or not.

At least the fix is very easy I just have to remove the 2px of spacing I added.

And yes I can probably add the option for monospace or not.
I think this will be the best option - having an option for monospaced or not. If not monospaced, strip out all the empty space.

Really thanks for your hard work, buddy. Most of bitmap font writters today are kinda a mess to work with.
In the end, your tool could be used even outside OpenBOR with this :)

Good morning Piccolo,
I have two suggestions, and I hope they are doable. If not, not a big deal :)

For animation editor:
1. Is it possible that you can make the tools to be able to cut, copy, and paste the whole line by clicking at the line without having to highlight the whole line?
2. Can you make some of the views to be collapsible or hideable option? This way it gives more space to work on the text editting

Please take a look at the picture and video for details.
Video Link: Cut, Copy, and Paste without highlighting from Note++ tool

Thank you very much for your hard work bro.

Attachments

• Collapsible Options.png
    Collapsible Options.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 7
Good morning Piccolo,
I have two suggestions, and I hope they are doable. If not, not a big deal :)

For animation editor:
1. Is it possible that you can make the tools to be able to cut, copy, and paste the whole line by clicking at the line without having to highlight the whole line?
2. Can you make some of the views to be collapsible or hideable option? This way it gives more space to work on the text editting

Please take a look at the picture and video for details.
Video Link: Cut, Copy, and Paste without highlighting from Note++ tool

Thank you very much for your hard work bro.
Hi Bruce, should be no problem I think, I'll look into this soon :)

With Windows 7 being abandoned I think the current builds won't let me run CMT on my Windows 7 PC, which is all I have currently.

cmt-error.png

I tried some patches to get newer python stuff working on windows 7 but to no avail.

With Windows 7 being abandoned I think the current builds won't let me run CMT on my Windows 7 PC, which is all I have currently.

View attachment 7800

I tried some patches to get newer python stuff working on windows 7 but to no avail.
I might be able to do something about that, I'll try for next release and will tag you in the update post ;)

EDIT : but before I try something major, I'll just try a minor fix that I will publish in ~10 minutes

Piccolo updated Chronocrash Modders Tools with a new update entry:

Changelog 0.5.30

Pixel font preview :

- Added spinbox to set space between letters. Default to 0, set -1 for monospace. This setting applies to the whole app. @O Ilusionista
- Added zoom feature with mouse wheel

Compatibility issue :

- Adjusted some files to see if it fixes Windows 7 launch problem @aL BeasTie please report to me if it fixed anything for you, if not I'll try something bigger.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom