• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Chronocrash Modders Tools

ChronoCrash Modders Tools 0.5.25

No permission to download
@Piccolo
why the undo command (Ctrl+Z) not working? I mean when I mistakenly moved the entity then use undo they're not return to its original place

level tab
you I drag n drop enemy-obstacle etc there? because it's easier to design stages with visuals
Undo is just for text edition changes right now, not visual edition changes, which is why you only see the undo/redo buttons in the main text editor. I'll add undo for visual edition later. It's not complicated but requires some additional work.

I'll maybe add drag'n'drop spawn later too. It might be easier to set individual spawn points that way, but as a whole, I'm not sure it's easier for level design, because level design includes spawn order, wait, groups, and so on. Text editing of the level forces you to be aware of that. When you drag'n'drop an entity in the level, not so much. I'll think about it ;)

Undo is just for text edition changes right now, not visual edition changes, which is why you only see the undo/redo buttons in the main text editor. I'll add undo for visual edition later. It's not complicated but requires some additional work.

😘
I'll maybe add drag'n'drop spawn later too. It might be easier to set individual spawn points that way, but as a whole, I'm not sure it's easier for level design, because level design includes spawn order, wait, groups, and so on. Text editing of the level forces you to be aware of that. When you drag'n'drop an entity in the level, not so much. I'll think about it ;)
Yeah I usually type everything on text but for several entities such as NPC-enemies, obstacles and walls to get attractive positioning I usually feel it would be good to do with visuals
of course I know yo have priority so please do what you think is more important first :cool:

I was testing the stage editor and wow, you have animated previews? that is awesome!
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Ah, I noticed the tool can't preview basemap yet (marked on blue). Do you have plans to include it?
1680180740360.png
Avengers - 0037.png

Last edited:
@Piccolo I got an error when opening a stage:
1680181242639.png

And after clicking OK, the tool doesn't let me continue - it keep throwing me more errors as I click ok and I had to terminate the program using Task Manager:

1680181288705.png

Line 29 is the light setting:

light -280 -70
at 0

Line 32 is the shadow setting

shadowcolor 1

at 0

Line 35 is the shadow alpha

shadowalpha 6

at 0

Line 38 is the palette setting - the stage use multiple palette changes

setpalette 1

at 0

From what I saw, the lines the tool is giving a warning are the setpalette ones, like this:

setpalette 2
at 480
1680181697607.png

Do you want me to PM you the stage?
Btw, the error happens only when I click on the LEVEL menu;

@Piccolo I got an error when opening a stage:
View attachment 3510

And after clicking OK, the tool doesn't let me continue - it keep throwing me more errors as I click ok and I had to terminate the program using Task Manager:

View attachment 3511

Line 29 is the light setting:

Line 32 is the shadow setting

Line 35 is the shadow alpha

Line 38 is the palette setting - the stage use multiple palette changes

From what I saw, the lines the tool is giving a warning are the setpalette ones, like this:

View attachment 3512

Do you want me to PM you the stage?
Btw, the error happens only when I click on the LEVEL menu;
@O Ilusionista Yeah it would be great to have the stage. I think the text file should be enough.

I was testing the stage editor and wow, you have animated previews? that is awesome!
View attachment 3508

Ah, I noticed the tool can't preview basemap yet (marked on blue). Do you have plans to include it?
View attachment 3509
View attachment 3513
I checked the code and basemap integration is half done. It's basically a kind of wall so should be easy to finish.

Edit : actually preview is already working, but only if "basemap" command is written in lowercase (doesnt' work for "Basemap" or "BASEMAP").

Last edited:
I'm getting a fatal crash on opening the program. I tried using the reset-data file, but it does nothing. I'm assuming that's crashing on load too. Not sure if I'm missing a required install or something. It worked one time and I closed it on accident. Never worked again.

I tested this on multiple versions and it happens on all of them.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\\VBoxSvr\Partage\openbor-utils\cmt.py", line 384, in <module>
File "\\VBoxSvr\Partage\openbor-utils\cmt.py", line 117, in __init__
File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 46, in __init__
File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 227, in setupFavorites
File "gui\main\fileselector.py", line 98, in loadFromDisk
File "codecs.py", line 322, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 187203: invalid continuation byte

I'm getting a fatal crash on opening the program. I tried using the reset-data file, but it does nothing. I'm assuming that's crashing on load too. Not sure if I'm missing a required install or something. It worked one time and I closed it on accident. Never worked again.

I tested this on multiple versions and it happens on all of them.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\\VBoxSvr\Partage\openbor-utils\cmt.py", line 384, in <module>
File "\\VBoxSvr\Partage\openbor-utils\cmt.py", line 117, in __init__
File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 46, in __init__
File "gui\main\__init__.py", line 227, in setupFavorites
File "gui\main\fileselector.py", line 98, in loadFromDisk
File "codecs.py", line 322, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 187203: invalid continuation byte
Yeah this has nothing to do with cache or settings, it's a bug related to the encoding of some of your files, which is not properly detected. I'll upload an update here in ten minutes, tell me if it fixed things for you ;)

Yeah this has nothing to do with cache or settings, it's a bug related to the encoding of some of your files, which is not properly detected. I'll upload an update here in ten minutes, tell me if it fixed things for you ;)
Prooobably should've been my first thought considering the UnicodeDecodeError...I tried renaming the project folder in hopes that the tool would just fail to load it and just open without it and it did! I got it to open again now...however if I change the project folder name back, it starts crashing again so I guess it's still trying to read the files despite having the project folder removed from the list.

Prooobably should've been my first thought considering the UnicodeDecodeError...I tried renaming the project folder in hopes that the tool would just fail to load it and just open without it and it did! I got it to open again now...however if I change the project folder name back, it starts crashing again so I guess it's still trying to read the files despite having the project folder removed from the list.
I just uploaded a new version (0.4.5.3), try to load your project with it, it might work now. I did not change every call though, so maybe you'll get a crash elsewhere

I just uploaded a new version (0.4.5.3), try to load your project with it, it might work now. I did not change every call though, so maybe you'll get a crash elsewhere
It still crashes at the same spot. Oh well, maybe you can change something where if it fails to load a project, it won't try again so the fatal error only happens once.

It still crashes at the same spot. Oh well, maybe you can change something where if it fails to load a project, it won't try again so the fatal error only happens once.
I could do that if I really can't fix this problem, but as a last resort because it might hide other problems in the future. Can you send me here on in private your models.txt so that I can reproduce the problem ? Thanks.

I could do that if I really can't fix this problem, but as a last resort because it might hide other problems in the future. Can you send me here on in private your models.txt so that I can reproduce the problem ? Thanks.
Don't know how to send PMs here or if I even can yet, but that does give me an idea of what I can try to do about this.

Don't know how to send PMs here or if I even can yet, but that does give me an idea of what I can try to do about this.
You can click on my profile, and then "start a conversation". And "attach files" to add the file. But if you have another idea I'm open too. Anyway I'm going to bed so will check what you send me tomorrow 👋

Apologies Danno.
I didn't want to start spamming the forum with my messages all over the place, and I thought it would be better to stick to my post.

Back
Top Bottom