• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Converting Mugen chars to OpenBOR

W

wintersun

so how exactly would someone convert a mugen character using openborstats?

I only know about MUGEN from a user standpoint, so I'm not much help in regards to this. But I'm glad you're leading the charge in merging our communities, Ilu.  ;D There's some real talent in the MUGEN community, so it'll be exciting to see where this leads as time goes by.

wintersun said:
so how exactly would someone convert a mugen character using openborstats?

It's not a 100% conversation... just animations (almost all of which need to be renamed), frames, offsets, and bboxes. You convert them by enabling MUGEN support--there should be a txt in the Openborstats folder that tells you how to do so. After that, you click the "Convert from MUGEN" button, point to a .air file, and the program will do the rest.

But I'm glad you're leading the charge in merging our communities, Ilu.
Yeah, I will try to handle this. OpenBOR is a great engine, I think both engines could benefit if the users starts to learn both engines.

About the conversion, its not an easy task. It will read the .AIR file and try to make a char .txt for BOR. But it will export every single animation on the .AIR file and it will make a different animation on the .txt. But this will crash openBOR, since if the engine found an animation which the name doesn't is on its list of possible animations, it won't work.

This topic was meant to be more a guide about the conversion rather than a discussion. I think I will split the topics later.

edit: topic split

You can use Mugen Character Maker. Open your sff file with this software and export all to pcx. You can convert then the frames to a png or gif format at your open choice.
http://mkpnew.thedarkside.su/help/poleznye_programmy/2017_05_17_mugen_character_maker_mcm

Maybye we can host here MCM 2.0 in the download mugen tools section?

kimono said:
You can use Mugen Character Maker. Open your sff file with this software and export all to pcx. You can convert then the frames to a png or gif format at your open choice.
http://mkpnew.thedarkside.su/help/poleznye_programmy/2017_05_17_mugen_character_maker_mcm

it would be great friend

kimono said:

No, MCM is JURASSIC. It won't read most of the recent characters SFF.
You should use Fighter Factory instead.

I use Fighters Factory. You need winzip to open the files first, and then you save the sprites as gif files and replace the sprites of playable characters with the sprites from the downloaded mugen characters. I'm not sure whether there's anything in the mugen folders to tell you the bbox, offset and attack co-ordinates. I couldn't work out how to use things like GIMP so I just base them on the closest approximation (this I admit sometimes takes some trail and error).

I'm not sure whether there's anything in the mugen folders to tell you the bbox, offset and attack co-ordinates.
Both OpenBORStats and CMT has a tool for this - Although the CMT tool crashes for me, @Piccolo: After I select both .air, .sff and folder, the tool give me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "gui\mugen.py", line 188, in process

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'path\\tmp.txt'

You can export all the images using the same axis, but you woun't be able to easily reuse the CLSN boxes values because they work for the image size (and in Mugen we do trim images inside the .sff file)

Both OpenBORStats and CMT has a tool for this - Although the CMT tool crashes for me, @Piccolo: After I select both .air, .sff and folder, the tool give me this error:

You can export all the images using the same axis, but you woun't be able to easily reuse the CLSN boxes values because they work for the image size (and in Mugen we do trim images inside the .sff file)
I just updated the old code to make it compatible with the new version of CMT ;)

Reactions: NED
Back
Top Bottom