• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Game Flyers, Bezels and Boxart

DCurrent

Site Owner, OpenBOR Project Leader
Staff member
Ever notice how often game art sometimes has nothing to do with the actual game content? There's good reasons for this of course. Artistic dissonance, localization issues, redesigns, and sometimes they just didn't care. In any case, I thought it might be fun to take a look at some of these and maybe poke a little fun at them.

Let's start with Final Fight's Bezel. It's divided into three sections: Upper, middle and lower. Probably the most interesting part is the instructions in the middle, which I can only assume were just badly translated, since they give Guy specific instructions for everyone and the wrong command for Hagger's Piledriver.

What about the art... Well, in the upper portion we see Cody and Guy fighting in the ring. From what I can tell Guy is giving Dan Reynolds a well deserved boot in the gut, and his band-mates in the foreground don't look too happy about it. Meanwhile Cody just whiffed an off balance haymaker at Karnov.

Down below, we see a different fight. Hagger about to rearrange Orange Hair Guy's face, and I don't even want to know what Orange Glove Dude looks like after that right hand from Guy. Bad day for the Orange Branch of Mad Gear I guess.

1694467510260.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: NED
Back
Top Bottom