• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Punisher : World Warzone (Discussion)

Added a dinosaur stage finisher & a vapor chamber stage finisher to the game. I've also gone back over the older stage finishers and tweaked them to play/trigger better. I've also added a few new stages to the game, so every character on the roster should now have a proper stage when playing through the Arcade mode. I've also made Jigsaw & Sodom playable characters. My plan is to release the update next Friday 3/17/2023.

[youtube]

Last edited:
A few things I noticed in Alpha N
* Jigsaw's missile throw seems to be an AI-only move, I haven't found a command for it. It seems a few other throws in the game can’t be used anymore, either.
* Some of the stage finishers are fickle and don't seem to work with all character combinations, I tried to have Mizuki fight Sodom on Dino Jungle and the finisher didn't work even though I knocked the foe into the finisher zone.
* Kingpin seems to be immune to the fatality effect of Jigsaw's rifle hyper.
* When Poacher Joe's helper's bomb went off on a defeated opponent in the first round, the foe still was finished off.
* Electrical attacks still seem to disable all attacks for some reason once they connect.
* Musashi can still press his helper button to do an aerial roundhouse.

Last edited:
Captain Commando is being added and is playable. Going to try and add most of his moves from MVC2, but I also want to give him a few unique moves to keep things fresh. Thanks to O Ilusionista, who let me use his Captain Commando sprite edits.

[youtube]

@Miru I haven't seen some of those yet so thanks for letting me know.

@O Ilusionista That's hilarious and thanks for letting me know.

I now have a fun idea for how an Ikemen Go version would work with tag in mind; the Tag Normal attacks would use the Team-Up Partners while the Tag hypers would be the character proper (or the other way around, considering the Tag system makes playable characters vulnerable during their function for balance).

Final preview of Captain Commando. I added his throw from MVC2 which you can see early on in the preview. He now has a Mech hyper attack which does a variety of different attacks. The original Captain Corridor attack is now a special move. Finally the Captain Storm hyper will now do either electric or flame for the last attack.

[youtube]

The next update will come with another playable character which is Bludge. He is from the game Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and kinda looks like Blanka so I gave him Blanka's voice. His moveset will be pretty limited, but it's still cool to have another character to mess around with in the game. This preview is also showing off a new interactive stage where a Brontosaurus is trying to step on you if you come on land. The water on both sides will splash when in or near it. The Brontosaurus can also squish the fighters for stage finisher if it's the finial hit of the match.

[youtube]

The next update will come with another playable character which is Bludge. He is from the game Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and kinda looks like Blanka so I gave him Blanka's voice. His moveset will be pretty limited, but it's still cool to have another character to mess around with in the game. This preview is also showing off a new interactive stage where a Brontosaurus is trying to step on you if you come on land. The water on both sides will splash when in or near it. The Brontosaurus can also squish the fighters for stage finisher if it's the finial hit of the match.

[youtube]
I really like it...
Also like the interaction with stage.
Make me think if Ikemen can allow some wrestling intereactions.
(Something I struggled to add in my openbor game and never succeded...)
Like ring in, ring out, turnbuckle stun, turnbuckle climb, ropes interaction...

Some suggestions for Bludge:

* Electric attack similar to his inspiration.
* An acid bubble that bounces, to avoid redundancy with Mardia’s puke hyper.
* More variety during the Shivat ride.
* A move where he turns into a giant frog and breathes fire on his foe.

Also, given we haven’t gotten one since Blaze, I have a sinking feeling the next fighter will be a heroine. (Rosa Felmond? Maki? Hannah Dundee?)

There's also a lot of normal throws that have become AI-only since the switch to four-buttons. Better remap those.

Edit: I noticed this is the first time a normal enemy has had a boss for their team partner since Pretry Boy, and even then the boss was too big to be playable.

Last edited:
Some suggestions for Bludge:

* Electric attack similar to his inspiration.
* An acid bubble that bounces, to avoid redundancy with Mardia’s puke hyper.
* More variety during the Shivat ride.
* A move where he turns into a giant frog and breathes fire on his foe.

Also, given we haven’t gotten one since Blaze, I have a sinking feeling the next fighter will be a heroine. (Rosa Felmond? Maki? Hannah Dundee?)

There's also a lot of normal throws that have become AI-only since the switch to four-buttons. Better remap those.

Edit: I noticed this is the first time a normal enemy has had a boss for their team partner since Pretry Boy, and even then the boss was too big to be playable.
Really good suggestions!
Mine would be about Blaze.
I remember in the past, several Blaze characters with 16bits classic sprites have been done for Mugen.
It would be nice if Blaze have more moves. And moves not based on support characters or weapon. She IS a fighter !
I wish to see her fighting by herself with more custom moves, normal, specials, hypers, grabs, special grabs.

If needed, I can message you some suggestions @ELECTRO
Keep it up! The project is even better now!

I hope that dominatrix chick Mervella from Big Fight: Trouble In the Atlantic makes it on the World Warzone game just like Kimono suggested previously. Also, would it be interesting if you added either two of the boss characters Raizo (cyber ninja mid-boss) and Oni (first boss from the construction site stage) from Technos Japan's Shadow Force as playable fighters?

Last preview of Bludge. He has a few new moves which are a special that uses his tongue to throw enemies. He also has a hyper version of the throw which you will see in the preview video. There is also another throw hyper where he uses his tail to trip the opponent and then whips his tail repeatedly on them. Unfortunately that move didn't show up in this preview, but you will get to see it soon because the next update release will be in May.

[youtube]4HUSUS09EKw[/youtube]

Select Screen :
I've also been updating the select screen because the game has way more characters in it than I originally planned on making and I still want to add more. So it needed to be updated to make room. The standard Mugen 1.0 and 1.1 versions unfortunaly had to have the portraits cut way down in size, but it also makes it to where I could add back in the characters standing on the screen again which is cool. The 720P version of the game will still keep the original portrait sizes.

Standard Mugen 1.0 and Mugen 1.1 version.

720P Widescreen version

Last edited:
Now I wonder how many slots the roster could have with the portraits in the size of the 1.0 version and with the screen size of 720P?

Back
Top Bottom