• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Guardians of The Hood 2

Guardians of The Hood 2 1.0

No permission to download
What happens when you blend an obscure Atari Pit-fighter follow up with Van Damme's take on Guile, and throw in a little Mortal Kombat? See for yourself. Pick from an eclectic crew of digitized bruisers and clean up the streets!

Author
monomartin
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
2.75 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from monomartin

Latest reviews

Having played Pablo M. Vera's previous games, I knew exactly what I was going to get. In general Pablo's games are full of "live" custom stages, simple moves to execute and pick up and play concept. The downsides with this game is the wasted opportunity to add more special moves/variety, the special moves power has almost no damage at all (I had to edit the game's files to manually increase it) and some bugs that can either get a bit annoying or soft lock the game.
With all that being said though, I did enjoyed the game, I still do till this day. Yes, it could be better with some polish and additions, but for what it is I personally like it a lot. Give it a try and you might find a small OpenBor little gem to play it from time to time.

Keep it up Pablo. I hope we will see more games from you some day.
What a huge missed opportunity to improve on one of the worst commercial beat ‘em ups of all time. For one thing, the roster, an eclectic mix of characters, lacks one of the characters from the original, and it wasn’t until the first update any females were selectable, but the idea of playing as Guile alongside Fujin is whimsically weird and fun, but not enough to salvage the game, especially as they barely use their special moves. Speaking of which, specials are nerfed to the point of complete worthlessness, each of them having an unnecessary pause and flash before them, and having no breakout capability whatsoever; enemy grabs seem to be coded to be some sort of slam no matter what, so there’s no way to defend against them or other situations where you’re surrounded. Sound design is also horrible; a lot of bad music, while true to the original, isn’t satisfying. It’s also all over the play, KI1 Fulgore’s theme (a badly looped version, at that) plays in the second stage, yet when you confront Zangief as a boss, his theme doesn’t appear in any form. Avoid.
Back
Top Bottom