• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Anim death question (updated with illustration)

PS_VITA

Is it possible to accomplish what I illustrated below in the (attached images)?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.png
    2.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You don't like to add three of them? death30, death31 and death32 (with same animations a.k.a copy-paste)

It's not that I don't like it is just that I think it's easier to redirect the anim fall animations to one single death animation.

For example, let's say that you wanted to change an anim fall, I can do that by simply changing anim fall 10 into anim 11 with a script that monitors the enemies Health , such as If HP < 30
then change fall10 to fall11.

But at this moment I don't know how to do the above with anim death because I can't use the same HP script because the enemies hp is always 0 during an anim death.

From my understanding anim death will play whichever anim fall play out last.

Yes I can copy and paste multiple anim deaths to multiple anim falls , But I'm just hoping someone has figured out a way to have a different fall numbered animations into a different anim death animation other than the default one.

Hi team, I've updated my post with illustrations to further explain my question.
I am a bit confused here.
What do you want to do, exactly?

A) Always change from fall32 to Death33 (in fact, from Death32 to Death 33)
B) The same thing as above, but based on your health

If you wanna do it based on your health, I made a script for that long time ago:

C-like:
void lifeCheck (int iLife, void Ani)
// Check the life and change the animation if the life is lower than given value
// O Ilusionista - 04/01/2014
{
     void self = getlocalvar("self");
     void Health = getentityproperty(self,"health");

if(Health<=iLife)
      {
        changeentityproperty(self, "animation", openborconstant(Ani));
      }

}
Put it on your animationscript file and just call it on your death32 animation:

@cmd lifeCheck 30 "ANI_DIE33"
or if you want a inline script (which I don't recomend):

C:
@script
     void Health = getentityproperty(self,"health");
     int iLife = 30;

if(Health<=iLife)
      {
        changeentityproperty(self, "animation", openborconstant("ANI_DIE33"));
      }
@end_script

Ps: I know about the memory usage and I still need to fix it.
Internally, the animation is called DIE, not DEATH.

Last edited:
I think the question is this: a character can get hit by attack 32, die, play fall 32 which would lead to death 32. But what if, during the fall 32 animation, they do something that feels like it should prompt a different animation? Like in the example, they get knocked into a spiky wall. They're already dead, so they can't die from a hit on the wall and thus play another animation. But it feels like they should reflect the hit against that wall somehow.

I think the question is this: a character can get hit by attack 32, die, play fall 32 which would lead to death 32. But what if, during the fall 32 animation, they do something that feels like it should prompt a different animation?
This is exactly my question. Sorry I just don't know how else to explain and I'm struggling to find a way to explain it.

based on the manual,attack 32 leads to pain32, fall32 and if Enemy's HP=0 fall32 leads to death32.

So when alucard hits richter with attack32 and richter bounces off the spiky wall and incurs damage and richter HP reaches zero I want richter to change to say fall 33 and play death33 (a bloody version sprite)

actually I've confirmed that I can change fall animations like fall32 to fall33 but death 32 will still play out in the end.

I can't seem to find a way to change a fall32 into a say death33, 34 or whatever death anim number.

Err.. have you read my reply?
I have, but clearly I'm bad explaining my problem.

So can I ask, is it possible to change anim death to a different anim death number even if the enemies HP is zero?

I prefer to change this before the dead enemy hits the floor.

Edit: I use the @ animchange "Ani Die33" on anim fall32 and I still get anim death32 ,FYI.

Last edited:
@PS_VITA & @O Ilusionista

in the illustrated post , it seems that PS_Vita is asking for a Custom "wall splat" one where a character gets hit, and if there is a wall, the fall animations and death are affected by the type of wall the character hits.

so if char health is greater than 0 wall splat is regular descent & i assume custom rise animation but
if the characters health = 0 result is bloody messy wall splat decent and custom magled death animation adapted to the wall

it seems that your health check code can be adapted to handle all 3, but i could not get it to work way back a year ago....

@PS_VITA
Try this one:
C:
void lifeCheckP (int Percent, void Ani)
// Check the life and change the animation if the health falls below defined percentage
// Douglas Baldan - 04/11/2013
//update by Bloodbane - 18/11/2017
{
     int MHealth = getentityproperty(self,"maxhealth");
     int Health = getentityproperty(self,"health");

if(Health*100 <= Percent*MHealth){
        changeentityproperty(self, "animation", openborconstant(Ani));
      }   
}

Back
Top Bottom